Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How water resistent is P3S?
909 4 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Taxi329
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107953 ft
United States

I'm in Florida and it rains a lot.  How water resistent is the P3S?  Can you fly in a light rain or mist.  I wouldn't want to fly in a downpour but there are some times when it's very wet out, even just from the fog.  Anyone have any experience with getting their P3S a little wet?

2017-1-20
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

I fly my p3a in the fog sometimes and it comes back with dew drops all over it. I have never had a issue. I have seen videos on youtube where people spray the circuit boards with some waterproofing stuff and land their phantoms in water.
2017-1-20
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Fog? No worries.  Rain? Just say no.
More or less, the bird will work quite well in moist conditions such as high humidity and such.

What you need to concern yourself about is the salt content in the moisture.  That over time can result in some issues.
2017-1-20
Use props
Taxi329
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107953 ft
United States

Thanks for the responses - good to know.  I think I'll avoid spraying my circuit boards and avoid rainy times.  Fortunately I'm in Central Florida and the salt content of the moisture is minimal.
2017-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Rain X might help shed external moisture from the shell...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules