Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Slave Remote not Controlling Ronin MX Gimbal Properly
3592 10 2017-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa7ba42cb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1634101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just finished setting up M600 Pro and Ronin-MX. All Firmware is current. A3 is updated and calibrated. Ronin-MX is updated, balanced and calibrated (Canon D5).
Issue: When the second M600 remote is placed in slave mode and control is requested the gimbal does not move smoothly. If the Master remote is moving pitch and yaw it works perfectly. Second remote shows blue light and not the magenta one when in slave mode. Have taken remote into and out of slave mode, searched for master, requested access (app says access is granted and second remote has control but it will not move properly using the second slave remote.
Solutions or TS that may work?
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a small video of how it's behaving? Just to clarify, do you still have smooth track enabled in the Ronin Assistant?
2017-1-20
Use props
Jashj
New

Japan

I have another problem, M600 and Ronin mx and SRW-60G is set-up together with all firmware current.
Ronin MX is balanced (RED Helium)
I get live video feed coming to both Pilot and Camera Op controllers but gimbal is not recognised and I have no gimbal control.
Status says: Gimbal Disconnected
even when I have all connection done according to the DJI tutorial video.
Any solution to this?
2017-2-24
Use props
fansa7ba42cb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Have shifted the slave remote to master and it works but now the other remote which was master will not slave properly or if it does, it will not control the gimbal or its functions properly.
I need a senior tech to contact me directly. I'm at my wits end. Please email me at mike.elliott@droneserviceshawaii.com
2017-5-18
Use props
fansa7ba42cb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-20 21:36
Could you happen to provide a small video of how it's behaving? Just to clarify, do you still have smooth track enabled in the Ronin Assistant?

PROVIDE A SENIOR TECH TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE> EMAIL ME
2017-5-18
Use props
fans5ba73309
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93707 ft
United States

fansa7ba42cb Posted at 2017-5-18 15:56
PROVIDE A SENIOR TECH TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE> EMAIL ME

I am having the same problem as the original post in this chain. I have tried everything to fix it including checking if can cables are properly installed since the pro comes put together from DJI. Has there been a fix found for this? It has been frustrating not being able to have access to a senior tech to talk to. It's always some guy listing steps or googling it. Pretty much telling me everything I already know and he even admited to me that he never touched the m600 before. If someone from DJI asks me if the firmware is updated one more time I'm gonna go crazy. Please, any real help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans5ba73309 Posted at 2017-5-19 01:41
I am having the same problem as the original post in this chain. I have tried everything to fix it including checking if can cables are properly installed since the pro comes put together from DJI. Has there been a fix found for this? It has been frustrating not being able to have access to a senior tech to talk to. It's always some guy listing steps or googling it. Pretty much telling me everything I already know and he even admited to me that he never touched the m600 before. If someone from DJI asks me if the firmware is updated one more time I'm gonna go crazy. Please, any real help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I do not know how redundant I will be in your case, but did this occur after a firmware update or is this happening right out of the box? If you're running a dual operator set up, have you already swapped the RCs to single out the issue with just this controller? In either case, you can try the following button combinations to make sure that the communication between the RC and aircraft are solid:

Reset the RC of presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I'd recommend manually relinking the two so that way they are communicating properly after the reset:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

If the issue persists and you have any sort of email correspondence with Support, you can provide your ticket number here and I can try to not ask too many of the same follow up questions twice. Ultimately, there can be a chance that the RC would need to be sent in, if you've already singled out the issue being a problematic RC.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansa7ba42cb Posted at 2017-5-18 15:54
Have shifted the slave remote to master and it works but now the other remote which was master will not slave properly or if it does, it will not control the gimbal or its functions properly.
I need a senior tech to contact me directly. I'm at my wits end. Please email me at

There is a chance that you would need to send the RC in for replacement. Given what you've provided thus far, you should try the same RC combinations that I supplied in post #7 to see if that alleviates the issue with the RC. If you noticed this after updating the firmware on the M600 and LB2 unit, then I can only recommend either reapplying the firmware or downgrading the RC firmware to see if that works. If you've already tried the latter or this was happening right out of the box, sending it in for replacement would be the best course of action.
2017-5-19
Use props
Burning blue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696870 ft
United Kingdom

Jashj Posted at 2017-2-24 01:22
I have another problem, M600 and Ronin mx and SRW-60G is set-up together with all firmware current.
Ronin MX is balanced (RED Helium)
I get live video feed coming to both Pilot and Camera Op controllers but gimbal is not recognised and I have no gimbal control.

Hi Jashj,

I’m having exactly the same issue. I’d really appreciate if you helped me. What was the problem in the end did you fix it? It driving me insane and I’m about to send the whole lot off to a repair centre.

Best.

P

2018-2-26
Use props
Avian UAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76191 ft
Australia

Hi everyone,
I wanted to add this for future frustrated DJI customers who have reached their limits trying to get things working with no support from DJI.

We recently had two M600s with the same firmware on the A3, LB2 and the same problem the second controller not working the gimbal. After much trial and error we moved the cable to canbus 3 and it worked. We then re linked the main and slave controllers and it’s been fine.
Hopefully that may help others.  
33122C93-1331-4FC1-A097-38AA517EB8E5.jpeg
3C90A505-6216-469B-BC75-66698A90CFAC.jpeg
50AEBB75-0243-4CA7-94C5-BBEA005980F8.jpeg
2021-9-16
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Avian UAS Posted at 2021-9-16 22:47
Hi everyone,
I wanted to add this for future frustrated DJI customers who have reached their limits trying to get things working with no support from DJI.

Thanks for letting us know and for posting the firmware version numbers of everything!!
2023-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules