Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What's support like for Australia?
2663 11 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alisterrobbie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137766 ft
Australia

Hey all, new to the DJI forums and reasonably new to DJI.  Had an OSMO for a year or so, but it's really my recent delivery of a Mavic Pro that's driven me here.

So how are folk finding DJI support for the APAC region?  I've just tried to log a fault with the Mavic, and come up with a complete chat failure for the last 5 hours or so, and then when i tried the Self Repair area, i got told that 'we don't support that region'.  Should I be concerned, or are things going to be ok?
Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 10.21.41 pm.png
2017-1-21
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

I had to get my Mavic repaired a couple of months ago.  It was a bit of a slow process to get the answer of 'please return the device'.  Once that was done, the service was extremely quick.  It was sent to Melbourne, assessed and then a replacement sent back to me.  All within 1 week.
2017-1-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It all depends on where you buy from.

I bought both my P4 and P4P online from the same place (3 months apart), but dispatched from Melbourne as AUS stock. I had a DOA battery with the P4 originally, with a stress fracture appearing in both sides of one leg after only 30min of flight (landing on grass). Sent it to EEHobbies in Melbourne within the DJI 15 day DOA period, and he arranged to on-forward it to DJI (in China, I believe). I had a brand new unit - not a refurb - arrive on my doorstep 2 weeks later. Brilliant service.

Can't speak for repairs though...
2017-1-22
Use props
fans9bd7a7c5
New

New Zealand

I can't get any support for New Zealand????????? I can't even seem to get an email to the support team or now number to call!!!!!! Hopeless
2017-1-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans9bd7a7c5 Posted at 2017-1-23 13:59
I can't get any support for New Zealand????????? I can't even seem to get an email to the support team or now number to call!!!!!! Hopeless

Really - that sux. Where'd you buy the craft from?
2017-1-23
Use props
alisterrobbie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137766 ft
Australia

good to know. thanks for the input. fortunately i've managed to resolve my Air Encoder Error with a new set of SD cards, but it's good to get an idea of what kind of support i can expect.  i'm thinking that i'll consider a second Mavic Pro or maybe a P4Pro as a second bird to have as a backup.
2017-1-23
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Australia

fans9bd7a7c5 Posted at 2017-1-23 13:59

There is a place in Auckland called Drone World something like that they are DJI repair place.
this is a phone number that was on the site. Tel :021 82 92 36http://dronedepot.co.nz/37-dji-repairs

2017-1-24
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well I bought my P3P from RiseAbove in Sydney. Had a few 'problems' early on (battery cell failure structural damage & dreaded software stuff up), RA took on these  issues & they dealt with DJI. So took 10-12 days per return to sort but P3P wasn't going to fly anyway. So looks like buying through retailer paid off. Guess I have a win now & again.
2017-1-24
Use props
fans766da6c8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5522 ft
New Zealand

alisterrobbie Posted at 2017-1-23 22:17
good to know. thanks for the input. fortunately i've managed to resolve my Air Encoder Error with a new set of SD cards, but it's good to get an idea of what kind of support i can expect.  i'm thinking that i'll consider a second Mavic Pro or maybe a P4Pro as a second bird to have as a backup.

Try http://ferntech.co.nz/   ?  They advertise full aftersales support and service.  0800 phone and email addy on their web site.
2017-1-25
Use props
ANIMAL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2246670 ft
Australia

Had a compass failure on my p4 and it did a 360 and crashed into a tree then the ground without touching the remote!! Emailed dji and downloaded flight logs. It was picked up from qld by courier and sent to melbourne for repair. Came back in 2 weeks replaced p4
2017-1-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

ANIMAL Posted at 2017-1-25 15:17
Had a compass failure on my p4 and it did a 360 and crashed into a tree then the ground without touching the remote!! Emailed dji and downloaded flight logs. It was picked up from qld by courier and sent to melbourne for repair. Came back in 2 weeks replaced p4

That's a brilliant outcome! Nice.

Which DJI support cell did you email to?
2017-1-29
Use props
fansd276b627
lvl.1

Australia

hey guys,
I have been waiting 3 days now just to get a bloody case number to send the drone back! I thought the DJI Care would be a smoother process.. i have also spent hours on the online chat trying to get a local contact or an address to send this mavic to .. or even get them to complete the request and turn it into a case, but they cant do that for Australia.. AHHHHHHHHHH
I am sooooooo frustrated and regretting buying a DJI..
Anyone know of an alternative? was going to buy a few more for our company but the customer service experience has turned me right off
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules