Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
So........?
1843 6 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ob1415
lvl.1

United States

I was considering an Osmo for my son's soccer games and family videos, etc...nothing fancy.  But I don't really see any positive reviews or threads here.  Is anyone actually happy with their Osmo?  I don't plan to mount it to a bike or do anything "extreme".  Thoughts?
2017-1-21
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Forums are where people come with their problems. You will always find more bad news than good. I'm very happy with my Osmo+.
2017-1-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Osmo is a neat camera for video or stills, they can be a bit of work, but with careful attention you can capture some great photography. If it's just casual videoing I would opt for Osmo mobile, easy set up instant playback plenty battery life and nice smooth video, and finally great price..
2017-1-21
Use props
Alastair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96631 ft
United States

It's certainly no point and shoot camera.  It does require some set up and needs a supplementary michrophone.  It's great for producing rock steady handheld shots.  As far as shooting soccer, the X3 camera is a fixed focal length being on the wide side, meaning if the play goes down to the other end of the field, it'll be hard to figure who's who.
2017-1-22
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

The pros outweigh the cons with my Osmo+. Although the zoom is not something I would try to use to follow a sporting event. IMHO the zoom is for changing the focal length before recording. The zoom control isn't responsive enough to follow sports.
2017-1-23
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

breezeway95 Posted at 2017-1-23 07:14
The pros outweigh the cons with my Osmo+. Although the zoom is not something I would try to use to follow a sporting event. IMHO the zoom is for changing the focal length before recording. The zoom control isn't responsive enough to follow sports.

I would certainly agree with those observations. The ability to change focal length and frame a shot correctly is the reason i chose the '+'.
2017-1-23
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, to answer you question, yes I'm happy with the osmo, if you are a professional or semi professional it probably won't suit your needs, as said it dose take a little time to set up, but as you say you are only using it for kids soccer and family videos it will be fine, the mic on it isn't very good, so you have to decide if you want the original sound from the Osmo or put your own music to the clips, or go with the optional external mic setups.(Get a few extra batteries to)
Generally for smooth action stabilised shots it's pretty good compared to a normal/standard hand held camera.
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules