Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Winter Sunrise - Phantom 3 Advanced
657 4 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyerUAS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1754019 ft
United States

Hello everyone!
I continue to be amazed by the sights created when winter, water, and the sun, come together. I went out to the Susquehanna river early on a cold morning, and was privileged to capture beautiful footage of the morning fog, the currents, the sunrise, and the mist that the rising sun draws out of the freezing water.

It was 16F (-9C), but my Phantom 3A flew flawlessly. I kept the batteries warm by wrapping them in a rag and a gel heat-pack, inside a fanny pack, and it only took a couple of minutes for the bird to warm up to takeoff temperature on the ground. Here is the video:

As always, thanks for watching, and any comments, questions, Likes, and new subscribers are much appreciated!

SKYER

Fly your drone as though you were flying in it yourself…
  See aerial short films at my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC304REG4t2_OWJmQDHLvQ2w

2017-1-21
Use props
belkins
lvl.1

United States

Looking good!  Amazing video photage! I like it!
2017-1-21
Use props
RG Drones
First Officer

Brazil

Good video.
2017-1-21
Use props
Old Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106447 ft
United States

Nice!! Thanks for sharing.
2017-1-21
Use props
SkyerUAS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1754019 ft
United States

Thank you all for the feedback!

I forgot to mention that while the batteries were warm and cozy, my hands were practically in cryogenic suspension . I had gloves on, but not the thickest one, so I could handle the RC.

SKYER
“Fly your drone as though you were flying in it yourself…”
See aerial short films at my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC304REG4t2_OWJmQDHLvQ2w
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules