Firmware 1.10.90
3818 10 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Glenn Bathgate
New

Australia

Have updated to the latest 1.10.90 firmware on my Phantom 3 adv and using a Samsung Galaxy 6 to control and live view. The live image is now glitching (Which it has never done) even when next to my device. Also was flying the other day and took my fingers off the controls and the drone kept flying at the same speed straight into my house, without stopping! Drone survived which is good news but wondering why the drone didnt stop and keep GPS position which it has always done? is there a problem with this latest firmware?
2017-1-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Glenn,

Be sure to do a remote controller calibration before your next flight.  Have you upgraded the DJI GO app to 3.1.2?  It just came out and would be tuned for the firmware update.  

The newer firmware and apps are more demanding of the Android device hardware than earlier versions.  That may be why it is getting glitchy.  To reduce any glitchy problems, go into the HD settings and choose Custom.  Then set the bitrate setting all the way to the left (4Mbps) and choose the most stable channel.  If this works, then you may want to get some parabolics to massage the signal so it can go back to auto.  Parabolics are those cheap little gold antennae parabola curved plates that enhance the signal and reception of the signal.

There is a setting for aero-braking that you may want to check in the General Settings.  The P4 series has active braking but the P3 series depends on the settings and operator for stopping distance.  Like a car, it takes a longer than expected distance to stop a Phantom.  GPS is telling the Phantom to stop but the momentum is having a joy ride!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-22
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I just noticed too the app blinking once in a while when sitting at a table not in flight   It could be that the RC and the AC are TOO close together and glitching the signal.  My Syma 5X doesn't seem to want to pair the RC and AC when they are way too close to each other.
2017-1-22
Use props
Glenn Bathgate
New

Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-22 00:20
Aloha Glenn,

Be sure to do a remote controller calibration before your next flight.  Have you upgraded the DJI GO app to 3.1.2?  It just came out and would be tuned for the firmware update.  

Thanks for your response Cetacean. Yes the app is running the latest and I will check those settings now. Strange that these two issues have only occured since the last Firmware update. IF the setting doesnt fix the issue then I will just roll back the firmware to the last previous version on the Drone.
2017-2-5
Use props
Glenn Bathgate
New

Australia

Just tried those settings and no joy. Image still very unstable and glitchy and drone not locking into GPs correctly.
Tried to downgrade both controller and P3A to previous 1.9.6 but couldnt so went back to 1.8.8. Took it out on a flight and image perfect and GPS lock perfect. Take hands off controller whilst slowly moving and drone stops within a couple of meters and return to position that I took my hands off. Also Image is very stable and just flew 500m away and no glitches at all. I think I will stick to this Firmware until the next one comes out!
2017-2-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glenn Bathgate Posted at 2017-2-5 19:49
Just tried those settings and no joy. Image still very unstable and glitchy and drone not locking into GPs correctly.
Tried to downgrade both controller and P3A to previous 1.9.6 but couldnt so went back to 1.8.8. Took it out on a flight and image perfect and GPS lock perfect. Take hands off controller whilst slowly moving and drone stops within a couple of meters and return to position that I took my hands off. Also Image is very stable and just flew 500m away and no glitches at all. I think I will stick to this Firmware until the next one comes out!

Aloha Glenn,

Good to see you have a handle on the firmware that works for you.  Keep it there until a new version comes out.  Be sure that DJI is addressing your specific problem though.  You can do this through threads of your own or threads of others that address your specific problem.  

There are various ways to uninstall and reinstall apps and firmware.  Do so, so you can be assured that your problem in not a hardware issue.  Software can be changed at home, hardware changes have to be done at DJI unless you do not mind voiding your warranty.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-5
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Hello Cetacean,
Upgrading was not needed until I bumped into a mixup of No Fly Zones and Authorisation Zones. My brother with his Mavic can fly with authorization and I stay grounded because of a red no fly zone.
So I take the big jump and upgrade everything to the very last firmware and app.
3.1.2 : panic, because the remote is placed 1000 feet away. In case of a RTH things ga wrong.
stepped back
3.1.1 : now the remote is exactly where it is, but the transmission is glitchy and the Here maps are mouchy.
stepped back
2.9.1 : whew, the Google maps are back and the no fly zones are correct, but transmission still a little glitchy.
But with my home-made parabolics the transmission is now error-free. A real 2 cent solution, but it works.

As you stated the firmware of the craft and remote play no part, all is up to the apps that are more demanding.
If DJI splits the various models cleanly  between GO 3 and 4, then we might get a well-functioning app again.

2017-2-6
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Hello Cetacean,
Found some clever advice on the German forum Kopter.de. They state that the transmission troubles arise from a heavier encryption that was introduced with the 1.8.0 remote firmware. In the app there is a RC downgrade option ( push 5 sec on the graduation hat in the first screen ) . Rollback to 1.6.0 it is done in 10 minutes and off go the parabolics.

Ciao.
2017-2-6
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

How was you able to roll back from version 1.10.90?  I have read on many forums that it can't be done.

Thanks.
2017-5-28
Use props
KirkB210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225430 ft
United States

How did you downgrade? I keep getting told i cant downgrade from 1.10.90
2017-6-1
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

KirkB210 Posted at 2017-6-1 04:09
How did you downgrade? I keep getting told i cant downgrade from 1.10.90

I asked the same question.  Hopefully Glenn will be back to shed more details..

Must have been with the DEBUG file, it's the only way I know.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules