12Next >
3697 60 2017-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United States

Over the last few weeks I and others have witnessed owners of Inspire 2 with Propeller issues.
The problems have manifested itself in the "RED" Propellers being to loose and making rattle noises and the "WHITE" ones being too difficult to fit and remove. All this is an obvious tolerance issue in manufacture.

Early adopters have tried to assist new owners to overcome these problems by providing a short term fixes so they can "enjoy" their new acquisitions.

What concern us the most are the statements such as "its not a problem" and "we have never heard of this before" from both DJI support and even here on this Forum!!

What we are asking in as loud a voice as possible is for DJI admit there are some tolerance issues and help those affected.     (I'm sure DJI are already addressing this technical problem)

Its not as if the problem is an expensive item to fix. Your own web site lists pairs for only $7 ($14 for two pairs) only a small cost to regain customer satisfaction.

ALL INSPIRE 2 OWNERS..
All owners who have had these issues please simply add to this Thread something like " Me too".

2017-1-21
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would like to correct you there Dr Jon mine was not a shorts term fix have proven over the last week on numerous flights that my slight modification now makes the white dot props function correctly.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the wasn't a problem initially and you're right DJI need to address this problem I have been told all sorts of things by DJI support thay didn't seem to care or did't know what's going on with these pros I'm referring to both types red and white.

Tony

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 637339&fromuid=4811

2017-1-21
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Me Tooooo!

My case is that all props supplied are possibly beta testing props its now about 2 weeks grounded because these props simply do not fit! And still another potential 1 week before they arrive because DJI sent them road frieght from one side of Australia to the other..that's about 3,500 kms and 36 hours continuous driving
2017-1-22
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Me Tooooo!

My case is that all props supplied are possibly beta testing props its now about 2 weeks grounded because these props simply do not fit! And still another potential 1 week before they arrive because DJI sent them road frieght from one side of Australia to the other..that's about 3,500 kms and 36 hours continuous driving

A right old PROP up!

A right old PROP up!
2017-1-22
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

Me To just one red one
2017-1-22
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me too

Below are my observations:

All four RED props rattle on the front motor.
All four RED props do not rattle on the back motor.
All four RED props have some minor vertical movement on both the front and back if you take the tip of  the prop and push up and down. (Worse on the front.)
All four WHITE props don't rattle and there is no vertical movement.

I was able to stop the rattle with the RED props by using some tissue but there is still a slight vertical movement. I'm not sure if the vertical movement is a concern due to the centrifugal and gyro properties of a spinning prop. In any case, it is not right and should be fixed by DJI.

I also feel that the design is somewhat flawed. I think the part of the mount that inserts into the prop should be something like a hard rubber with a slight interference fit to allow the prop to fit more snugly.

Regards,
Tom      
2017-1-22
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-1-22 04:18
Me too

my conclusion form this is that it's not your prop that's the issue and that the problem then lies into the mounting section that is screwed onto the top of the motor. With this in mind could you try fitting one of the spares that DJI has supplied ?

the screws that are on the motor I believe to be a T9 torx (it feels a bit loose but the T10 torx won't go on (maybe my torx T9 is a bit worn)?
2017-1-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I agree with you  DR Jon that DJI staff  especially the Phone support are HORRIBLE  and really have no clue what they are talking about .  They need to re- vamp there call center for sure .  I have found that some of the DJI forum staff are wonderful (Ken , Jaimie, Joe  , come to mind  Off top of my head ). But others offer the same lines of send it in , or make a video of the problem and then dont follow up with a fix .  I think there must be some liability issue if they say as reps. of the Company that they KNOW there is a problem because that could open up pandoras box in terms of liability .  I think quite often there silence on some issues speak volumers  that they are aware but can't say .

This of course is my opinion.

Like you said for a few bucks they could be heroes, but choose not too.  Just like with car companies , they have bean counters who justify a recall expense and how much settlements are going to cost.  A sad but true  reality of Life and consumerism .
For the Most part I love DJI products and Most of the staff I interact with .  But they could go from Good to great with some changes .  

donnie  
2017-1-22
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

Me too !

Firstly, was asked to send week old drone in, now being asked to send all red props in ( which would mean no more flying until I get back a good set). I would just like a new set (4x) of red props. I've sent a video (but there's plenty of other videos out there). Thanks for starting this @Dr Jon.

dave
2017-1-22
Use props
Kailani1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192185 ft
Italy

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-1-22 04:18
Me too

This POST is interesting, I need help to understand !!

my white propeller entering and good block! although they are a little hard
Red propeller come good and close properly without any resistance!

do you think I have your same problem?

How can I tell if my I2 has the problem of "RED props rattle on the front motor"

I do not see the problem to my I2, but I have the problem of "RED props rattle on the front motor," What can happen to me ?? ...

THANK YOU
2017-1-22
Use props
Kailani1
lvl.2
Italy

Red propeller come good and close properly without any resistance!

do you think I have your same problem?

How can I tell if my I2 has the problem of "RED props rattle on the front motor"

I do not see the problem to my I2, but if I have the problem of "RED props rattle on the front motor," What can happen to me ?? ...

THANK YOU
2017-1-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Kailani1 Posted at 2017-1-22 06:51

There are some other video's of this on the forum  but this will give you an idea of what to look for .  Keep in mind NOT all have issues from what I have read.
2017-1-22
Use props
Kailani1
lvl.2
Italy

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-22 07:27
There are some other video's of this on the forum  but this will give you an idea of what to look for .  Keep in mind NOT all have issues from what I have read.
https://youtu.be/5zHXrtiPZyM

Thank!  

for now .. no problem ... if you have the problem to proppellers, what can happen if flights
2017-1-22
Use props
perfectpercepti
lvl.1

United States

After phone calls on 3 occasions that took over an hour with DJI Support (30 minutes just waiting on hold each time) and poor responses by email in broken english I gave up on DJI and just ordered 4 new sets of props from the dealer where I purchased my Inspire (Advexure.com). All red props fit perfectly now. Unbelievable that DJI service can't fix a small issue like this on a $5k drone. No excuse for that.
2017-1-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Kailani1 Posted at 2017-1-22 08:04
Thank!  

for now .. no problem ... if you have the problem to proppellers, what can happen if flights

The worst that could happen is the Props could fall off if the Locks failed.  If you don't have the problem then your props and locks came from a different vendor and you should be fine .  I would keep a close eye on the props and locks , replace the props and locks about 3 to 4 times a year to be safe.  The locks are the part that normally fails , keep a close eye on these .

Keep in mind that not all new Inspire 2 owners are having trouble . Just watch yours closely .  Personally I would order another set of prop locks & and props and put them on NOW.  I am not saying that yours is broken or going to break , but this would be cheap insurance if you ask me.

donnie
2017-1-22
Use props
Geo66
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Me too.    One red prop feels perfect, you can feel an ever so slight movement in the other one when you wobble the prop tips but it's so tiny that I feel bad mentioning it. I don't think it's causing any problems at all.
Both of the white ones are very tight, they will click locked and unlock but the torque you need is excessive and I'm a strong guy. Problem has lessened slightly after 5 uses so I think I'll live with it. Supports response (ref #400700) was to return the whole unit for diagnosis.
2017-1-22
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7083891 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, mine was 'perfect' and I'd not had any problems until Friday, flew it, thought it sounded noisier and when I landed to change batteries found that the front red motor/prop was doing the rattle/click. Tried swapping it and noise disappeared. That was at 4hrs 30min of flying.

Today, checked when putting props on, same noise, unlocked prop, relocked... no noise. Took prop off, turned it thru 180, locked, no noise. Changed props back to front, noise appears, unlock & relock prop (without moving prop) noise goes. Go fly, land, check, noise is back again.  Noise is always front red motor/prop. Hasn't appeared on the back yet, even with props that are noisy on the front.  

It kind of sounds as though a bit of the locking mechanism is catching the top of the magnets, and clicking as it goes.

2017-1-22
Use props
telrush
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

Sounds like an issues and you can count me in on a "me too"

For me like many other's on this post, it is only the front Red motor.  I have swapped all the red props I have including the set of spares that came with the inspire, but they all wiggle.  See my video from my other post!  DJI - please address this small but growing issue Please!!!
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D385%26typeid%3D385
2017-1-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

They are totally downplaying this at DJI, kind of Sad that they just can't say a few slipped out there are not within specs  and they will happily exchange them .  It would build such goodwill within the community.  Many new pilots I bet don't even know they have an issue .  They don't know how it should sound .

And for them to say it's normal , don't worry about it is bunk .

Donnie
2017-1-23
Use props
fansf67fa495
lvl.3

United States

Me too...having the red prop viurs
2017-1-23
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

Me too with the incorrect fit of the white ones.
2017-1-23
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-23 13:51
Me too with the incorrect fit of the white ones.

Just received my Inspire 2 only a few hours ago, it seem my props are not a real issue.

Only the Whites are slightly tighter then the red ones.

however the right rear red motor make a noise when moving by hand, like in one of the members videos.

I must say overall a big improvement over the inspire 1 with power and battery
2017-1-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-22 11:51
The worst that could happen is the Props could fall off if the Locks failed.  If you don't have the problem then your props and locks came from a different vendor and you should be fine .  I would keep a close eye on the props and locks , replace the props and locks about 3 to 4 times a year to be safe.  The locks are the part that normally fails , keep a close eye on these .

Keep in mind that not all new Inspire 2 owners are having trouble . Just watch yours closely .  Personally I would order another set of prop locks & and props and put them on NOW.  I am not saying that yours is broken or going to break , but this would be cheap insurance if you ask me.

Donnie,

I believe DJI Jamie said that some beta props (white) must have gotten out on the first orders. I thought they said to open a ticket to get them replaced. So am I wrong in thinking if you have a prop problem with your new Inspire 2, contact support and open a claim for replacement?
DJI is not going to issue a recall notice based on a few Inspire 2 owners complaining, By the sounds of what has been reported, it is either a prop or hub tolerance problem with their suppliers.

Seems like the logical step to take, as I have had good experiences with the DJI LA Shop. After all, DJI Ken told us that's why we have the warranty to help when problems come up.

Don't get me wrong, this situation sucks for the new Inspire 2 owners and I would hope they take charge of their issue and let DJI get them replacement parts.

All the best
Rich

Edit,

I found this video showing the same prop problem (rattling) with the Inspire 1

Inspire 2 rattling noise

More of the same rattling noise

2017-1-23
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

The official fix... To fix the existing stock they have inserted foam as i suggested a few weeks ago.. BUT even better they have a new type 2 vesion see the photo

OLD and NEW

OLD and NEW
2017-1-24
Use props
Fiete0505
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110387 ft
Germany

got the same issue two!  Do you have a link to the type 2 props? Cant see your photo due to restrictions!
2017-1-24
Use props
joejoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194003 ft
Germany

me to,... :\
2017-1-24
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having little luck getting DJI to send me replacement props. They want me to send the UAV back to them. They also say because it is a new product, they don't have spare parts. Just a big run around. How did the ones here get them to send replacements?

Tom,
2017-1-25
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Me too.  After 3 flights, my red props are rattling. Also, 2 of the supplied white props are too tight to lock.
2017-1-28
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Fiete0505 Posted at 2017-1-24 03:48
got the same issue two!  Do you have a link to the type 2 props? Cant see your photo due to restrictions!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90734634/props%20small.jpg
2017-1-28
Use props
fans7c0ea622
New

United States

First...my new Inspire 2 fell from the sky while just hovering. DJI called it a manufacturer issue and replaced by drone and x5s camera at no charge. It has taken almost a month to get it sorted out and back to me. Now just after two flights with the new drone, ALL 4 props are making a bad noise. Its  frustrating. Here is the link to both videos.
2017-2-10
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Me too... for Pete's sake DJI support does not even answer back after two weeks of waiting!

2017-2-10
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

DaveDotNet Posted at 2017-1-22 06:33
Me too !

Firstly, was asked to send week old drone in, now being asked to send all red props in ( which would mean no more flying until I get back a good set). I would just like a new set (4x) of red props. I've sent a video (but there's plenty of other videos out there). Thanks for starting this @Dr Jon.

I've now had a conclusion. I sent my four red props back two weeks ago to the European Netherlands centre by UPS. Just received four *pairs* of props back in return. All version 2 with foam insert. What with the two pairs I bought to keep me flying I'm inundated with props now! It's a shame the process is lengthy, but I have a good outcome.
2017-2-10
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

fans7c0ea622 Posted at 2017-2-10 12:03
First...my new Inspire 2 fell from the sky while just hovering. DJI called it a manufacturer issue and replaced by drone and x5s camera at no charge. It has taken almost a month to get it sorted out and back to me. Now just after two flights with the new drone, ALL 4 props are making a bad noise. Its  frustrating. Here is the link to both videos. https://youtu.be/XieysmSuQ_A

First thing to check is the version of props you have... And if they have the "DJI disguise fix" (foam pad) inside them! each prop should have 2 circles on the underside. Blank circle is version 1 and circle with 2 is obviously version 2. I have also read somewhere that there is now a version 3 (but have not seen any photos of this to confirm this. I have attached a photo as I personally think this is a more acurate way of determining the amount of play that you have.

Red front Prop defflection

Red front Prop defflection

Red & White Props

Red & White Props

Version 2 (white)

Version 2 (white)
2017-2-10
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

I thought i didn't have this problem at least but one of my red props started to make this rattling sounds after maybe 6-8 flights.
It seems to me that with the time there is more and more space between the elements due to the friction of the locking components and the materials used for the props and the locking mechanism. The problem was not existant in the beginning.
2017-2-10
Use props
fpvmac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6870 ft
United States

Just started having this issue yesterday I contacted DJI and they want me to send my propellers in. Not sure what that is going to tell them because I'm pretty sure all of these props are the same...but whatever. I hope this problem gets fixed... Man I'm really bummed it seems like this Inspire is having a lot of issues.
2017-2-20
Use props
Fortnight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5403383 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both the red and white prop mounts are bad now on me after 12 flights.  I did the foam trick and seems fine but I hate to have rig my system.
2017-2-20
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

same thing here...red props hubs are really bad...replaced and mixed with the white one and its all good
I have bought a new  pair of props which are the foam ones...but I dont think this is a good long term fix...its more to hide the rattle...the play is still there is just a bit damped

who can I contact to get replacment hubs and props in europe?
2017-2-21
Use props
rowanhs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400925 ft
Australia

Won't bother uploading the video I took as there are plenty out there. Add me to this list! Front red is the worst, back red is wobbly as well. And whites are both very hard to lock. Come on DJI this is a professional UAV with a professional price tag. How am I supposed to adhere to all the CASA requirements here in Australia if I can't trust my equipment after 5 flights.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansba3b7009 Posted at 2017-2-21 00:34
same thing here...red props hubs are really bad...replaced and mixed with the white one and its all good
I have bought a new  pair of props which are the foam ones...but I dont think this is a good long term fix...its more to hide the rattle...the play is still there is just a bit damped

Given your location, you would email support.eu@dji.com to get started with a claim.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

rowanhs Posted at 2017-2-21 21:20
Won't bother uploading the video I took as there are plenty out there. Add me to this list! Front red is the worst, back red is wobbly as well. And whites are both very hard to lock. Come on DJI this is a professional UAV with a professional price tag. How am I supposed to adhere to all the CASA requirements here in Australia if I can't trust my equipment after 5 flights.

You'll probably need to have your own visuals, but I would recommend contacting support@dji.com to get replacements.
2017-2-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules