Follow Me and updating Homepoint Issue
1342 6 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

Using Go4 on iPhone 7 and latest firmware on MP. Every time, regardless of location, when trying to use Follow Me I get a Weak Satellite error and cannot use the function. Also, and I think it is related, every flight that I have tried to update my RTH Home position to the current location of controller by swiping left and selecting "me", I get a weak satellite error, home point has not been updated message.  But if I check on Apple Maps Or Google Maps, the iPhone always knows where I am at and shows my location correctly.
From a post in MavicPilots this appears to be a common issue and a possible bug. I would like to know if others are having this issue and if it is only related to iOS or are android users having this issue also? Please check and respond so that if it is a bug we can get DJI looking into this matter and getting it fixed. If not a bug, then I would like to find out why I am having this issue and how to correct it.

2017-1-22
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

Bump-

I guess no one else is having issues updating home position to controller location?
2017-1-22
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

YES! Me too. I've been figuring out how to track down my Mavic in case it goes into thick forest, and figured that I could constantly switch between myself and the drone as homepoint to get a relative distance and direction, but iPad Mini 4 won't update location. iPhone 5 won't either. Annoying! Finds the device fine in iOs Maps App

DJI: Please fix this in next firware or app update. Pleeeease!
2017-1-22
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

Right, just did some Googling and it seems that, in my case, it's because I'm using a wi-fi only iPad,
2017-1-22
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

FlyLight Posted at 2017-1-22 22:43
Right, just did some Googling and it seems that, in my case, it's because I'm using a wi-fi only iPad,

Tried "Follow-me" mode in December and yesterday tried it again. Funny thing: although Mavic was hovering at 5m (which is the minimum for Follow-me) just above my head with full-blast-GPS logged in on my Xperia DJI GO told me: "Mavic too far away" to activate Follow-me (but Mavic arrow was within the radar-circle on DJI GO screen).

Maybe because it was freaking cold it did not work (-10°C). Will have to try again when it is warmer ...............................

Sometimes Mavic is full of surprises ...............
2017-1-23
Use props
fans747f79bc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355453 ft
United Arab Emirates

Fo me "follow me" works fine but set "homepoint me" gives same error with weak satellite signal. I use iPhone 7
2017-5-20
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

have you checked if you allowed the dji app to use your location?
2017-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules