New Osmo Mobile Customer......
1459 9 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9f910944
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402792 ft
United Kingdom

Hi folks..... new customer of my Dji Osmo Mobile....nice piece of kit!!build quality looks solid etc....

Had a few mins to play with it...not been outisde just yet...but............

correct me if im wrong...just wanna make sure i dont have a defective unit....

whilst im doing the NINJA WALK.....the gimbal moves to the left or right sometimes
is this normal?

Also i hold onto the trigger as im walking and this shouldnt happen is this right?
any actions i do with the wrist the gimbal should be facing dead ahead.

any help would appreicated...i will read all instructions ( typical man )
or if  somebody could post me a link on the forum for a few tips i would be ever so grateful!

kind regards

ste
2017-1-22
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

If I understand you correct then it sounds ok. If when you hold the osmo vertical and swivel the handle then the phone will smoothly follow, equally if you tip it forward or back it's will go down or up. And if you hold the trigger then the phone will hold its current focus rather than moving.

Simples ;-)
2017-1-22
Use props
Capt.Capture
lvl.1

Germany

You are correct if you are holding the trigger which puts the phone into pitch lock then everything you do should not affect the direction the osmo points at. Though I had a defectiv unit where while I was walking in pitch lock the horizon was tilting to the extreme left or right.
2017-1-23
Use props
fans9f910944
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Capt.Capture Posted at 2017-1-23 03:58
You are correct if you are holding the trigger which puts the phone into pitch lock then everything you do should not affect the direction the osmo points at. Though I had a defectiv unit where while I was walking in pitch lock the horizon was tilting to the extreme left or right.

Hey guys... thanks for the reply...

I think that's what mine is doing.... as I hold the trigger and walk steady in a straight line the phone moves to the left or the right... il set my GoPro up and get a video on here...
I got this from amazon U.K. Not sure if it is defective I speak to them or dji?
Who did you speak to about yours.

Cheers

Ste
2017-1-23
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans9f910944 Posted at 2017-1-23 06:09
Hey guys... thanks for the reply...

I think that's what mine is doing.... as I hold the trigger and walk steady in a straight line the phone moves to the left or the right... il set my GoPro up and get a video on here...

It would depend on what you want to discuss I guess. There are a few good video reviews which if you don't want to go through the instruction manual will help. Hopefully, it's working fine. Out of interest why do you think there's something wrong? What were you expecting it to do?  If you post it you can probably get an idea as to whether there's a problem.

If there is then if it is new out of the box, it is worth going back through Amazon.
2017-1-23
Use props
fans9f910944
lvl.2
United Kingdom

here is one clip see what you guys think ;-)
notice at the end of the clip the gimbal moves....is this right or is that me moving my body

2017-1-25
Use props
Pixels In The S
lvl.2
United Kingdom

here is another clip before i walk
2017-1-25
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I'm not with my Osmo currently but from memory I think it does the same. I noticed it when I was testing the edge of the envelop first off but I assume that it's just that the Osmo determines that you're close to hitting the device with the gimbal so moves it.  Happy to check that I can replicate it at the weekend.  I have another make of gimbal for a gopro and they all have moments where they twitch a bit for one reason or another and therefore assumed it was planned to avoid hitting the device with the gimbal and have trained myself to avoid that position.
2017-1-25
Use props
Capt.Capture
lvl.1

Germany

Everything seems fine with your Osmo. When you are holding the trigger the Osmo locks not straight ahead but also course lock. It locks on to a compass direction at all times. So if you tilt it like you do in the video it will stay like that until you reach the limits of the gimbal and thats when it will turn right or left. Also it can happen that the Osmo loses a few degrees here and there while walking but its nothing to worry about as long as the horizon is stable all is good.
2017-1-27
Use props
Pixels In The S
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Capt.Capture Posted at 2017-1-27 05:54
Everything seems fine with your Osmo. When you are holding the trigger the Osmo locks not straight ahead but also course lock. It locks on to a compass direction at all times. So if you tilt it like you do in the video it will stay like that until you reach the limits of the gimbal and thats when it will turn right or left. Also it can happen that the Osmo loses a few degrees here and there while walking but its nothing to worry about as long as the horizon is stable all is good.

Hi... many thanks for the reply.. well that puts my mind at rest thanks very much..

I'm heading out at the weekend to see what I can capture...only thing is the osmo mobile outlasts my iPhone battery!!!! Ha
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules