Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Huangpu river banks, Shanghai
972 21 2017-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mattcoq
Captain
Flight distance : 3522740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi to all,

A little tour on the former Universal Expo 2010 site with my P3P ...

Weather was cold but light was great ..... Long time we didn't have such a good weather in Shanghai ...

Enjoy and feel free to comment ...

Matt

2017-1-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Interesting video. Nice views from above. ;-)
People resemble insects...

RedHotPoker
2017-1-22
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Very good... I was in Shanghai in 2008. A lot more buildings now ... I wish you could have went little more inwards.

Protect animal population. Spayed or Neutered? and License your Pet!
2017-1-22
Use props
Mattcoq
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-22 16:10
Very good... I was in Shanghai in 2008. A lot more buildings now ... I wish you could have went little more inwards.

Yes, this part of Shanghai is fast growing, like the rest also ...

It is the previous location of the Universal Expo 2010 ...

Flying more inward is a nice idea like closer to the bund, but there are (much) more people there, more police so it isn't a great idea even though the authorities are still easy going ...

But with the CNY around the corner, they seem to be a little more nervous than usual ...

2017-1-22
Use props
Mattcoq
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-22 15:57
Interesting video. Nice views from above. ;-)
People resemble insects...

Been here many years and I am happy to have the drone to discover this place again but with a different perspective ...

2017-1-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-1-22 23:04
Been here many years and I am happy to have the drone to discover this place again but with a different perspective ...

Yes, it always pleasantly surprised me, to see even my own familiar environment, from the eagles point of view.. I love seeing the various awesome corners of the world where we all call home. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-22
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good work avoiding the blown out horizon.
2017-1-23
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-1-22 23:02
Yes, this part of Shanghai is fast growing, like the rest also ...

It is the previous location of the Universal Expo 2010 ...

Yes indeed... I am surprised you were able to fly it...But when you go into the country side make sure you send us some vids!

"Protect animal population. Spayed or Neutered? and License your Pet!"
2017-1-23
Use props
Mattcoq
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

rodger Posted at 2017-1-23 04:36
Good work avoiding the blown out horizon.

Thanks ....

Horizon in China with the pollution layer and the light effect it can make are tricky ... ;-)
2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-3 23:59
Thanks ....

Horizon in China with the pollution layer and the light effect it can make are tricky ... ;-)

Pollution is a drag. Hope that you can continue to fly and breath at the same time. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-4
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-3 23:59
Thanks ....

You. did a good job avoiding it. That shows that you are paying attention to what is on your tablet.
2017-2-4
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Great Video.  Be interesting if you could fly from Jing An around the city.

Traveled to Shanghai a lot for work but this is so clear. I remember days you could barely see across the river.  
2017-2-4
Use props
Mattcoq
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-4 02:13
Great Video.  Be interesting if you could fly from Jing An around the city.

Traveled to Shanghai a lot for work but this is so clear. I remember days you could barely see across the river.

Thanks a lot ...

Looking forward to maybe one day fly in Jingan area ...

Seems that chinese authorities are getting tighter on drone restrictions since a guy filmed a place landing at Hangzhou airport from only 100 meters ...

So, all depends on luck here, depending on who you meet as a police officer, the curious one or just the "I don't want to know and just bring it down" one ...

Other aspect, even though I haven't crashed with my P3P, is that JingAn area is pretty crowded so this might involve more risks if any incident should occur, over crowds and traffic, which makes me still reluctant to try ...
2017-2-6
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

Plus lots of people to crash into...
2017-2-6
Use props
Jamcam
lvl.4
Philippines

Love the stationary shots pointing straight down as the ships move through. Was a nice watch
2017-2-8
Use props
Clapper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

You have several really amazing shots here. The shadows on the water as you're passing over the ships are very cool. The shots of passing ships are also awesome.  Personally, I like a little bit quicker pace and less somber music, but that is a matter of taste.  It seems that a lot of people go in for the "epic"  travel log style themes using longer clips.  The two of your videos that I just watched don't really show anything of a personal nature. Maybe you could try giving the footage a little more context.. Think about putting your footage into some sort of simple story.  For instance, it is "shots from the river" versus "shots from the river the day I went down and thought about my lost love. ".  It doesn't take much to add a little bit of a story or hint at one just enough to let the viewer's imagination do the rest.  Your editing is really good. I like the way you use speed to help the pace, and I would suggest maybe doing even a little more there. But then again these things are a matter of taste and I like a relatively quick pace with shorter clips.  When I'm editing I try to imagine that most people have short attention spans and are easily bored, just like me.  My viewers don't care how much I cried when I had to edit out something really good because it's just too long or repetitive.  Editing is about hard choices, but clearly you already know that.  Overall I think it is very good.
2017-2-8
Use props
Mattcoq
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Clapper Posted at 2017-2-8 20:25
You have several really amazing shots here. The shadows on the water as you're passing over the ships are very cool. The shots of passing ships are also awesome.  Personally, I like a little bit quicker pace and less somber music, but that is a matter of taste.  It seems that a lot of people go in for the "epic"  travel log style themes using longer clips.  The two of your videos that I just watched don't really show anything of a personal nature. Maybe you could try giving the footage a little more context.. Think about putting your footage into some sort of simple story.  For instance, it is "shots from the river" versus "shots from the river the day I went down and thought about my lost love. ".  It doesn't take much to add a little bit of a story or hint at one just enough to let the viewer's imagination do the rest.  Your editing is really good. I like the way you use speed to help the pace, and I would suggest maybe doing even a little more there. But then again these things are a matter of taste and I like a relatively quick pace with shorter clips.  When I'm editing I try to imagine that most people have short attention spans and are easily bored, just like me.  My viewers don't care how much I cried when I had to edit out something really good because it's just too long or repetitive.  Editing is about hard choices, but clearly you already know that.  Overall I think it is very good.

Hi Clapper,

Your answer is really appreciated and hasn't fallen in a deaf ear (as we say in french)

Your suggestion of assembling different locations shot along a river (or other theme) and at a quicker pace are in my mind ...

Two essential problem for the time being :

- Time (well, false excuse, when you want to make time, you can make it ...)
- Videos available (the major problem in fact) since i haven't flown much and recorded enough materiel to edit something on a theme that could use different flights at different locations and shot at different moments ...

That is why for the time being, as a hobby, I haven't jumped to what you suggest but hopefully in a near future, i will have all the necessary ingredients to do so and will then, be looking for a feedback from you

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts ... Always useful ...

Cheers ...
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Very nice framing in these shots, thanks for sharing.
2017-2-8
Use props
Clapper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

Mattcoq Posted at 2017-2-8 20:59
Hi Clapper,

Your answer is really appreciated and hasn't fallen in a deaf ear (as we say in french)

I'm glad that you found it useful or interesting. In general I find that for every minute of edited video I am shooting 10 minutes of raw video and editing about one hour. So, basically I can do one video per weekend, if my raw video comes out good enough.
2017-2-9
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Taiwan

I just watched your video again.  I like the part at 2:30 when you fly from behind the freighter sailing up river.  Nice pass at an angle.  

Gives me hope I can one day do some nice editing of vids I have as I want to post both photos and video's of Alishan where I live.

Maybe you can come visit a few days I take you to some nice spots for flying.
2017-2-9
Use props
Mattcoq
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Clapper Posted at 2017-2-9 01:14
I'm glad that you found it useful or interesting. In general I find that for every minute of edited video I am shooting 10 minutes of raw video and editing about one hour. So, basically I can do one video per weekend, if my raw video comes out good enough.

Wish I could have the same rythme ...

Unfortunately, light and weather conditions here around Shanghai / Jiangsu province don't allow me to fly on a regular basis ...

Let's hope that the Chinese Economical slowdown means future weekends with better air quality and visibility
2017-2-9
Use props
Mattcoq
Captain
  • >>>
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-9 01:44
I just watched your video again.  I like the part at 2:30 when you fly from behind the freighter sailing up river.  Nice pass at an angle.  

Gives me hope I can one day do some nice editing of vids I have as I want to post both photos and video's of Alishan where I live.

Thanks for (new) comment ...

Will surely do, when I have sometime to come and visit (& fly) ...

Keep you posted ...

2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules