Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
x3z for inspire 2
1520 11 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, please make an adapter for the current x3z or just make a new version 2 and myself and others will buy it. I neeed one!!!!
2017-1-23
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Excuse me, I meant to type Z3 camera.
2017-1-23
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Crickets... Boy I hope someone in the engineering/marking area is reading!
2017-1-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-31 16:15
Crickets... Boy I hope someone in the engineering/marking area is reading!

Chinese new year is underway, you will need to wait until they return from vacation . The Z3 will need to be totally revamped to work with the I2 camera onboard processor.

Rich
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would agree with Rich that even with an adaptor for I1 gimbals like the Z3, it would not know how to interface with the I2's image processor. More than likely, either a camera with optical zoom would come out, or you can use a zoom lens with the X5S.
2017-1-31
Use props
fans593fc987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everything I've been hearing is the Z3 camera will not work with the Inspire 2
2017-2-2
Use props
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
Hong Kong

fans593fc987 Posted at 2017-2-2 11:29
Everything I've been hearing is the Z3 camera will not work with the Inspire 2

The Z3 will not work as the image processor is now inside the Inspire 2 and not in the head anymore.
2017-2-3
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

looks like the new DJI’s new Zenmuse Z30, a 30x optical/6X digital zoom camera, wouldn’t work because they have two different gimbal mounts onbord for the Matrice 210. The m200 takes the X4S and X5s so I thought if it worked on the 200 they could sell me and others these cool cameras for the inspire 2's. I guess it's only M210's

DJI lets go and releasing these type of options for us with Inspire 2 as you did for our old insire 1's.  
Thanks!
dji-matrice-m200.jpg
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-2-28 06:31
looks like the new DJI’s new Zenmuse Z30, a 30x optical/6X digital zoom camera, wouldn’t work because they have two different gimbal mounts onbord for the Matrice 210. The m200 takes the X4S and X5s so I thought if it worked on the 200 they could sell me and others these cool cameras for the inspire 2's. I guess it's only M210's

DJI lets go and releasing these type of options for us with Inspire 2 as you did for our old insire 1's.  

DJI are making distinct separations of products where certain cameras will only be made available on certain platforms for praticality. The Inspire 2 is a cinematography drone, so the Z30, which is an industrial use camera, would not be practical. There's aways a possibility of the two working together down the road, but it's not the path DJI is taking currently.
2017-2-28
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-28 21:58
DJI are making distinct separations of products where certain cameras will only be made available on certain platforms for praticality. The Inspire 2 is a cinematography drone, so the Z30, which is an industrial use camera, would not be practical. There's aways a possibility of the two working together down the road, but it's not the path DJI is taking currently.

Well it would have been nice to know before we spent small fortunes on Inspire 2's assuming options available for the Inspire 1 would be that same if not better for the new product. I ordered it paid in full and first speed was reduced and now options aren't coming..  Like buying a new Land Rover and find out sorry the snow tires and the roof rack will never be made for that model, You just need to buy a H1 Hummer now if you want to drive it in the snow and put you stuff on it.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-3-2 19:34
Well it would have been nice to know before we spent small fortunes on Inspire 2's assuming options available for the Inspire 1 would be that same if not better for the new product. I ordered it paid in full and first speed was reduced and now options aren't coming..  Like buying a new Land Rover and find out sorry the snow tires and the roof rack will never be made for that model, You just need to buy a H1 Hummer now if you want to drive it in the snow and put you stuff on it.

The information has been out for some time to be able to deduce this. The Z30 Spec page solely states that it was available for the Matrice series. There was never mention of any prospect of being used with the Inspire series whatsoever. Regarding backwards compatibility, The Inspire 2 only specified the X4S and the X5S as the supported cameras. No other cameras were mentioned as "coming soon".
2017-3-2
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-2-28 06:31

I may be wrong, but here is my understanding of DJI camera setups.

On the Inspire 1 and Matrice 100, the X3, X5, X5R and XT cameras will all work.
These cameras all are self contained in that the image processor and storage media are all contained within the camera / gimbal.

On the Inspire 2 the image processor and storage media are all within the Aircraft and (currently) uses the X4S and X5S.
That explains the different mounting systems. There are more conductors on the new mount, plus this way nobody could accidently put the wrong camera on an AC which it would / could not work. All of these reasons makes them not cross-compatible.

So, along comes the Matrice 200 which uses the X4S,5XS, Z30 -AND- the XT.
How could this be possible?
Simple, The M200 has to have onboard processor and storage media in order to be able to use the X4S, X5S and Z30 which will not be needed or used when using the XT as it is self contained.

SO---- With that in mind, the Inspire 2 COULD be made to use the X3, X5 and X5R as well as the XT, IF DJI chose to make an adapter that would bypass the on board processor / storgae and just power those cameras and relay live images to the lightbridge transmitter.

It is likely that the only reason they have made this option available on the M200 is that this AC is targeted to industrial applications and needed an XT camera option that was already available in order to fill the bill.
   ----That being said, I don't think we will see an adapter for the Inspire 2 to use the existing ("outdated"?) lineup of cameras.
Flir will probably  make an XT for the I2 eventually.
But DJI needed the current one to work in order to roll out the M200.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules