Are these photos what you would expect from the Z3?
1013 5 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarrisOtter
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi There

I reciently got a Z3 camera and sold the x3 the Inspire 1 v2 came with.  After using the camera a few times I was a little dissapointed with the sharpness (or lack of) of the images.  There seem to be a few people on here who had blurry images from faulty Z3s and returned their cameras for replacement ones and are now happy.
I tend to use full auto for the settings as I am not much of a photographer at this point.
The issue I have is with the still images, I feel like the picture I get from video is sharper and clearer than the photos I take.

Anyway, before I send it back for the shop to take a look at I thought I would post some typical pictures I get from my Z3 and ask you to tell me whether these are as good as I can expect from the Z3 camera and I need to invest in an x5, whether the camera is faulty or whether I'm a terrible photographer and I need to start doing something different (please specify what)

Firmware:
App 3.1.1
Version 1.9.1.30 (can't seem to update with Z3)
Camera 1.9.1.40
Remote Controller 1.7.60

Pics are jpgs straight out of the Inspire and about 5 - 6Mb each.
Pic1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic4

2017-1-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The brighter images do seem a little sharper than others. Just to clarify, all 4 images did not use the zoom feature at all, correct?
2017-1-24
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

I never owned an Z3, but compared to the 3, I would say 1-3 look sharp, #4 looks like its out of focus... maybe false focus lock, or focused then changed elevation?
for JPG, they are decent.
2017-1-24
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Hi Gybo 102, as an X3 owner I find myself using a photo/ video program to clean up stills mostly. X3 video looks great but still shots are never as good as the video. I'm not saying you should have to use a program, but sometimes it's a must. Ken.  
2017-1-25
Use props
MarrisOtter
lvl.1

New Zealand

Thanks for the feedback.  I run it buy some others and they thought it was OK too.  I'm going to get the X5 as well and use that for Surveying and photography and keep the Z3 for inspection tasks where the zoom and greater flight time are more important than perfect picture.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans8741b877
New

United States

Your pictures look good to me I have the same setup and I am experiencing the same inability to upgrade the firmware using the Z3. I will borrow an X3 and see if that will update the aircraft toV1.10.1.40 unless someone else has a better idea.
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules