Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rear leg play and bad installing
4036 13 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

Hi!

I discovered an new out of common about my Mavic.
Looking close to the rear legs I noticed that one of them it is more protuding from the body and at an angle to the body. The other rear leg look more ok paralel to the body and fully inserted. When I losened the screw on the leg ...the leg will straighten to the body like the other one and could be inserted more but when the screw are again tightened the leg will be pushed aside from the body at an angle. Could this be solved in any way? Also I noticed some play in the legs when folded...one leg having almost double the play as other. Anyway in the full extended position they semms to have no play only thing remaining will be that some 1 mm of one leg protudin more from the body. Could be this a problem in flyght...I think maybe not because so small difference?

different space

different space

leg at an angle

leg at an angle
2017-1-23
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

I have noticed the same issue with my mavic rear legs (although I wouldn't say mine protrudes quite the same as yours).    I am referring to you second picture with the different spacing's.

I initially thought this may cause a bit of an issue on flight stability but it doesn't seem to.     The amount of play that you have in the arm though would concern me a little though, although it would be worth a little test hovering in no wind or indoors close up so that you can see if there are any weird vibrations.

DJI KEN is definitely the man to answer this though, and seeing that you have different spacings on the arm like me, perhaps DJI KEN could comment on this     Ive not had any flight issues from it so far though.
2017-1-24
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

Hi gibbd You don't have any play on rear legs when folded? Yes it will be nice to have an answer also more information about the mechanism that keep the leg in place. If we could do anything to make it right? I noticed that if I unscrew that little screw on the legs the leg could be slide easily out...don't know if all the way....
2017-1-24
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

also...if the leg is out the  springily mechanism will go over the top? Hot the leg is kept in position over it?...ih has some square profile inside? I think the hole on my it is at an angle and not straight...because this the leg will not stay straight to the body. Also the play from where that come...it could be adjusted some how?
2017-1-24
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

gibbd Posted at 2017-1-24 00:49
I have noticed the same issue with my mavic rear legs (although I wouldn't say mine protrudes quite the same as yours).    I am referring to you second picture with the different spacing's.

I initially thought this may cause a bit of an issue on flight stability but it doesn't seem to.     The amount of play that you have in the arm though would concern me a little though, although it would be worth a little test hovering in no wind or indoors close up so that you can see if there are any weird vibrations.

The leg it is kept in place by that tiny screw that has 2 type of threads on it one coarser at exterior for plastic leg and one more fine to the end for the metal ear. The system it is very flimsy ...the metallic ear of the spring mechanism it is an little and thin one with a tiny hole with very few threads in it.
At the assembly line the legs could be mounted forcing that tab because of bad aligning or that tab it is bent at an incorrectly angle...because that the leg will be force at an odd angle...and the screw gets easily stripped. Also the springy mechanism has some play in it...
I recommend putting a dab of glue on top of that screw because if that screw come loose and fall the leg will fall. Hope that will be good over time...but how I say earlier it is a flimsy way of holding it.
2017-1-24
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

daivatam Posted at 2017-1-24 07:56
Hi gibbd You don't have any play on rear legs when folded? Yes it will be nice to have an answer also more information about the mechanism that keep the leg in place. If we could do anything to make it right? I noticed that if I unscrew that little screw on the legs the leg could be slide easily out...don't know if all the way....

I do have a very small amount of play in the leg when folded, but nothing that I feel worried about. Any folding mechanism will have some.   The amount you show in the video does look a lot though.

My main concern when looking at mine was that one leg protrudes out further than the other (your second photo)    but again, sadly yours looks worse.   Im still not sure it will have an effect on your flying though, as long as you makes sure the screws don't come loose.

Clarification from DJI would indeed be great
2017-1-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I think some people has already reported this in some units and that they were given a new drone after sending it in. Somebody from DJI might add further info, but I would open a case and send it back to be checked, guarantee shall cover this.
2017-1-25
Use props
azoloji
New

Turkey

I have the same problem on rear leg of my mavic, Linking mechanism between mavic and rear leg is simply loose. I've got in contact the company that i bought my mavic but they just forward me to the service but hey  there is no authorized service in our country (Turkey). So they sent my mavic to Germany and im waiting authorized service's respond or opinion about it atm.
2017-2-14
Use props
GORDONGORDONGOR
lvl.1
Canada

Any update on this matter? My Mavic also has this gap between the leg.
Is it normal?
2017-6-28
Use props
Jinjur
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can we refer to this as "thigh gap" please
2017-6-28
Use props
Igordur
lvl.4
Flight distance : 620696 ft
France

Yes, please ?
I just got my Mavic back. He was in repair for a problem on the camera. Lucky me, the drone I recovered has this "crazy leg".
Concretely, is this a problem or not?
2017-7-4
Use props
uyWRH31Quh2N
New
Canada

I have the same issue. Can I send this back to DJI for repair or replacement?
2017-8-5
Use props
djiuser_xXQyIG5
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi,

I just had the same problem with mine, although got it from a crash got the other leg further away from the body than the other.
I would just want to ask if loosening and tightening the screw behind the arm would tighten the spring again? To have it closer to the body?

Thanks
2017-11-26
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Romania

check the leg to not fall off...if it  is noticeably further from body then the screw that hold it has escaped from the little metal ear...if the leg is not so far from body then only the ear has bent a little and no problem...
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules