Zenmuse z15 a7
2877 20 2017-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
avmap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21506 ft
Australia

I am using a Zenmuse z15 a7 gimbal with my Matrice 600 but can't get the camera (sony A7R) to trigger using the DJI GO app. Why can't I trigger using the GO app? I also use other flight planning software such as UGCS for aerial mapping work and would like to be able to trigger the camera autonomously using the app. Does anyone have any suggestions?
2017-1-23
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1699 ft
United States

I would like to know the answer also. I can't get my shutter to trigger either.
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you able to see shutter movement in the gimbal assistant? Are you having this issue right out of the box, or was it after a firmware update or hard landing?
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansddc39806 Posted at 2017-1-26 12:36
I would like to know the answer also. I can't get my shutter to trigger either.

I responded to you on your own thread.
2017-1-26
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1699 ft
United States

Make sure the camera sensor and the infared (trigger) sensor on the gimbal are aligned and the camera is forward enough in the gimbal so that the infared gimbal sensor can trigger the camera.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Do you still need help?
2017-2-8
Use props
avmap
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-8 16:25
Do you still need help?

Yes I still need help.  Just to confirm. I can see shutter movement in the gimbal assistant and I can trigger the camera using the camera trigger button on the controller but I cant trigger the camera using the "GO" app.  In fact I cant do anything with the gimbal at all using the "GO" app. Only the controller.  And all I can do using the controller is face the camera up or down and trigger the shutter with the button on the top right of the controller.  I was like this out of the box and the supplier from where I bought it said that DJI hadn't got around to making the gimbal controllable from the app yet.  Is this still the case?
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

avmap Posted at 2017-2-9 22:16
Yes I still need help.  Just to confirm. I can see shutter movement in the gimbal assistant and I can trigger the camera using the camera trigger button on the controller but I cant trigger the camera using the "GO" app.  In fact I cant do anything with the gimbal at all using the "GO" app. Only the controller.  And all I can do using the controller is face the camera up or down and trigger the shutter with the button on the top right of the controller.  I was like this out of the box and the supplier from where I bought it said that DJI hadn't got around to making the gimbal controllable from the app yet.  Is this still the case?

At the moment, the Z15s are only able to be controlled via the RC.
2017-2-10
Use props
avmap
lvl.1
Australia

Oh that's a shame. Is that likely to change in the future or will the Z15s never be able to be control from the app.
2017-2-11
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same issue with the Z15/GH4. It has full control from the slave unit but other than the preset modes, no real functionality from the app. I don't think it will ever be possible to achieve all the camera settings through the app  but video feed through GS pro and third party apps would be a real step forward for me.
2017-2-13
Use props
avmap
lvl.1
Australia

Z15 A7 has zero control using the app. Would at least like to trigger the shutter using the app. And maybe control the tilt (I. E. Point the camera to the nadir).
2017-2-13
Use props
avmap
lvl.1
Australia

Hi. Can anyone at DJI let me know if the Zenmuse Z15 A7 will ever be able to be controlled via the 'GO' app.
2017-2-14
Use props
avmap
lvl.1
Australia

I guess not!
2017-2-20
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With their commitment to the new camera models I doubt if it will ever happen for their DSLR gimbals?
2017-2-21
Use props
EagleDrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605062 ft
Netherlands

I'm about to buy a Z15 for my Canon 5D III. So far, I've just heard contradicting stories from several sources regarding the capability/disability to trigger the shutter. I'm just gonna use it to shoot pictures, not movies. And I'm a one man team ;) I would like to know if I can a) trigger the shutter using the standard M600 controller's top right button and b) control camera tilt using the same controller's left wheel. I can't really give myself an answer from the user manuals, so I hope I can get some clarity up in here. I don't mind if I can't use the DJI Go app for these things, as I'm alone anyway...
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI_Gerry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108 ft
Indonesia

Hi,

does anyone knows software to do automatic flight Mapping for Matrice 600 + Zenmuse Z15 + Sony A7 ? also automatic trigger
Drone deploy, GS pro didnt comply

regards,
Gerry
2017-4-9
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108251 ft
Germany

For using it with the LB2, there are functions for the z15/A7 in the App: the directions mode switch (fixed, free, straight downwards etc...), for LB1 I don't know. And you can assign of the C-buttons on the RC to change the axis of the wheel from left-right to up-down (in free mode).
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI_Gerry
lvl.1
Indonesia

it seem DJI didnt care

2017-4-22
Use props
fansc9783840
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19049 ft
Mexico

Hi Gerry, did you have some lucky to do automatic flight Mapping with Matrice 600 + Zenmuse Z15 + Sony A7?
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI_Gerry
lvl.1
Indonesia

no. i dont know why DJI didnt care
2017-5-11
Use props
Brunetti
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108251 ft
Germany

DJI_Gerry Posted at 2017-5-11 05:06
no. i dont know why DJI didnt care

oh, of course they care. They care for my money, and unfortunately they got it.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules