Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 600 ... DJI Go 4
2758 6 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P.R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

I am curious if DJI is considering or working to add the Matrice 600 to the Go App 4 in future??
The M600 is pretty new so it should be in the Go 4 App at some point.

Having to use 2 different Apps when owning their latest Drones is incovenient.

2017-1-24
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

P.R,
What is this go app4,?
2017-1-24
Use props
P.R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-24 14:22
P.R,
What is this go app4,?

Thats a new Version of the Go App, but only works for Inspire 2 Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic.
If you check the App store you'll see there are two Go Apps, the 3.xx and 4  we are still using the 3.

But in my opinion the M600 is new as well so it should be in the most recent Go App at some point.
2017-1-24
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

thanks for the info P.R

ricci
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If the M600 gets transitioned, then the standalone Lightbridge 2 would most likely need to be switched over out of consistency. One of the main points of creating a Go app separation like this was to reduce the processing overhaul on having so many devices supported by one app. I will, though, inquire with the Development team to see if that's being looked into.
2017-1-24
Use props
shawn_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Thanks Jamie, interested to see what is being done. Seems the M600 was never at the forefront of development and has only fallen further behind.
Thanks PR for the post, I'm on the fence about getting an Inspire 2 right now and didn't even realize there was another Go app for it.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-1-25 07:18
Thanks Jamie, interested to see what is being done. Seems the M600 was never at the forefront of development and has only fallen further behind.
Thanks PR for the post, I'm on the fence about getting an Inspire 2 right now and didn't even realize there was another Go app for it.

Functionality wise, there isn't a difference between the Go app and the Go 4 app. The only difference is which devices they are able to connect with. At the moment the breakdown is as follows:

DJI Go-
Phantom 3 series (P3P,P3A,P3S,P3 4K)
Inspire 1
Lightbridge 2
Matrice Series (M600, M100)
The first P4
Mavic
OSMO Series (X3, X5/R, Mobile)

DJI Go 4-
The Phantom 4 series (P4, P4P/+)
Mavic
Inspire 2

The Mavic and the P4 are the only 'odd balls' that are able to be used with either app due to the timing of the transition. The only thing is that the Go 4 app would receive more priority updates to add features for those two compared to the Go app. You could still use the Go app for those two if you want, but you wouldn't have access to any new features that may be added with the Go 4. If you're not interested in any of those features, however, then you don't need  to worry about it.

The Go app still receives updates to either add or improve the features to its supported products that are already in place, so it's not necessarily an irrelevant app. There just won't be any new products added to the Go app, and would instead be added to the Go 4 from here on in. so that one app is not siphoning processing power from a device at one go.
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules