Not impressed with DJI support.
1443 23 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Yet again we se a plethora of threads outlining an issue with a DJI product, the DJI Go app ver 3.1.2. Over the last week there has been an enormous amount of posts in these threads outlining and demonstrating an error with RTH map co ordinates. DJI are aware as the same old "have you done this", "can you post a video" replies are also evident. This version of the Go app is still the current app on Google play store.
DJI are you blind to a serious issue with this app?
Are you just blasé about this whole episode?
Customers are making posts about lost, crashed and damaged P3S because they applied this update, do you not care?
You need to pull this ver of the Go app so that customers who do not access this forum do not waste $400+ on something that flies away or crashes due to a poorly programmed and constructed program because they are totally unaware that there is a problem with the app, owened by DJI.
This is beyond a little 'glitch'. Do something NOW!

2017-1-24
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I am amazed that DJI can be so quiet .... surely with the fiasco of previous FW and now the Go app ... this is going to cost them dear, not only in lost / damaged model claims - but also in market share.

It will not be long before competitors will be biting chunks out of this market.

Maybe DJI don't care about the P3 anymore ? Seeing as the P3S is the last remnant !!

Nigel
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MerlinL14, we are much concerned about your feedback and feel sorry for the crash.
To locate the issue, we need collect the flight data for analysis. Some customers have provided us the flight data, which has been forwarded to our engineers now, we'll let you know for the analysis result.
Thank you so much for your supporting again!
2017-1-24
Use props
fans1a97f39f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312195 ft
United Kingdom

Why was it not tested before release ???
2017-1-24
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-24 19:29
MerlinL14, we are much concerned about your feedback and feel sorry for the crash.
To locate the issue, we need collect the flight data for analysis. Some customers have provided us the flight data, which has been forwarded to our engineers now, we'll let you know for the analysis result.
Thank you so much for your supporting again!

In the meantime, would it not be a good idea to revert the app in the App Store back to the previous version? Maybe it's just my simplistic approach to things, but surely it's for the best? Or do you need 20 or so more to fail so you can gather more data!?
2017-1-24
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Waiting for flight data? Are you for real.. Customers are posting they are afraid to fly their P3's in case it crashes or flies away. They are not likely to fly it just to supply you with flight data to reinforce the fact that it has been demonstrated that there is an issue with DJI Go app 3.1.2. How many more posts do you need to see for it to become blindingly obvious that your customers are less than happy, do you have to lose their brand loyalty just because you want flight data. Really!
I feel insulted, let down and disappointing that DJI has allowed this to continue without action being taken. Sorry DJI but once my P3 dies, expires or I get bored of the lack of support then I, as a customer, will be shopping elsewhere. It's not like I will have wasted £400 because you seem to be doing your damnedest to make my P3 a piece of history for me.
2017-1-25
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-1-25 02:54
Waiting for flight data? Are you for real.. Customers are posting they are afraid to fly their P3's in case it crashes or flies away. They are not likely to fly it just to supply you with flight data to reinforce the fact that it has been demonstrated that there is an issue with DJI Go app 3.1.2. How many more posts do you need to see for it to become blindingly obvious that your customers are less than happy, do you have to lose their brand loyalty just because you want flight data. Really!
I feel insulted, let down and disappointing that DJI has allowed this to continue without action being taken. Sorry DJI but once my P3 dies, expires or I get bored of the lack of support then I, as a customer, will be shopping elsewhere. It's not like I will have wasted £400 because you seem to be doing your damnedest to make my P3 a piece of history for me.

Yeah, waiting for flight data is actually a real thing.  

How else would you expect them to figure out the issue?  Just like the big airlines review flight data recorders to determine the cause of a crash, DJI needs to review the flight data to separate the subjective from the objective.  Sheesh, I've lost track of the number of posts by people claiming all kinds of reasons for their issues when it turns out to be pilot error (a kinder way of saying some meathead demonstrated their abject stupidity).  Sure, while there have been problems with some firmware releases DJI can't make a blanket condemnation or withdrawl without detailed information.  If nothing else, consider how many different configrations of smart devices there are floating around out there.  If the problem was traced to use of an unapproved device you wouldn't honestly expect DJI to pull the update, would you?
2017-1-25
Use props
formentera
lvl.2

Germany

Well, it seems to be the same old story like with every other software-manufacturer:
1. ignore the problem
2. keep the custumar entertained by filling out formulars again and again.
3. answer emails formally but do not read them
4. denying the problem until it is solved internally

This is my software-experience since my first Atari 1040 ST in 1985 ;-)

2017-1-25
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gil Posted at 2017-1-25 04:15
Yeah, waiting for flight data is actually a real thing.  

How else would you expect them to figure out the issue?  Just like the big airlines review flight data recorders to determine the cause of a crash, DJI needs to review the flight data to separate the subjective from the objective.  Sheesh, I've lost track of the number of posts by people claiming all kinds of reasons for their issues when it turns out to be pilot error (a kinder way of saying some meathead demonstrated their abject stupidity).  Sure, while there have been problems with some firmware releases DJI can't make a blanket condemnation or withdrawl without detailed information.  If nothing else, consider how many different configrations of smart devices there are floating around out there.  If the problem was traced to use of an unapproved device you wouldn't honestly expect DJI to pull the update, would you?

You keep your head in the sand, you seem to be happy that way. Ignoring the numerous posts with the same topic errors implies to you that they are all meathead operators. There is a common denominator here, which has been demonstrated by Customers having to do the leg work. DJI have at best been slow to react at worse they are negligent. We know about past updates where range or signal has been the issue, here it is the FACT that P3's are flying off to unknown RTH points and this is negligent in allowing it to still happen by not pulling the App that has been proven to be the cause.
You can defend DJI until the cows come home, but there are a lot more members who would deny any defense over this one issue.
2017-1-25
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Another Thread added to the list, this time a lost P3 after only 15 minutes of ownership, this is just shocking that DJI are doing absolutely NOTHING. Again DJI; Pull the 3.1.2 App from Google PlayStore before you disappoint any more CUSTOMERS . This one action will stop anymore potentially dangerous fly away problems until you get your act together and sort this app issue permanently.
2017-1-26
Use props
Omega1DX
lvl.1

United States

I'm glad I found threads like this; I was about to pull the trigger on a P3S a few hours ago. Hopefully this gets sorted.
2017-1-26
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Don't be put off by this 'episode' DJI will have to fix it with a new app, just a matter of when! The P3S is a fantastic quad photography platform and for the price you won't find better. Stash your budget away and keep an eye on how this all pans out. Being rash and just running out and buying something else may not be the better option.
2017-1-26
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D395%26typeid%3D395 Another customer with a home point moving mid flight and the operator not able to recover his P3 as of yet. Come on DJI for Christ sake do something!!!
2017-1-26
Use props
Quadlover
New

Canada

Dam, I got a new P3S for Christmas and we have not had decent weather for me to try it out, but now I'm almost afraid to try as I have 3.1.2 as well, DJI must be more than aware that users are totally unsatisfied with this latest release. I am also a member of a another very popular Phantom Forum and everyday its the same thing. How many P3S drones has to be lost before DJI takes us seriously. I live in Canada and my P3S was $549.00CAD and I can't afford to just have that fly away... Guess I'll just sit back and see what happens before I take a chance..
2017-1-26
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Check your PM Quadlover.
2017-1-26
Use props
Omega1DX
lvl.1

United States

I've seen some FB forums saying they believe the wandering waypoint problems are resulting from Android Apps running the latest update, iOS is being connected to interference errors. I can't say either way; but I'm running iPhone 7 plus iOS (latest version), latest DJIGo App release, but haven't upgraded the P3S to latest firmware (fresh out the box as of last night). I plan to give it a run during the day today and I'll post up anything I notice.
2017-1-27
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1988 ft
United Kingdom

I spoke to customer services again today, who have advised that the data analysis has not even started despite being told the contrary yesterday.  I've now got to complete a further form before they will start the analysis.  Further delays and frustration.

I ended the call by again questioning why this current app version remains on the open market - the response was that the developers are currently looking at it.  
Astonishing really!
2017-1-27
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Absolutely no support to help roll back the app and firmware. Pretty negligent behavior. It's obvious that the app is officially garbage I looked at mine last night and my home point is trying to set 3 miles north west of my actual location. I'm going to see what DJI is willing to do but I'm only waiting for a couple of days fix the firmware or hire someone that knows how to do it. Obviously the current employees writing code aren't very capable. It shouldn't take months to say we have a problem stop flying till we fix it. If the problem i'sn't addressed I'm moving to Yuneec. Better prices more to offer and support is on point.
2017-1-27
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TXBiker63 Posted at 2017-1-27 07:33
Absolutely no support to help roll back the app and firmware. Pretty negligent behavior. It's obvious that the app is officially garbage I looked at mine last night and my home point is trying to set 3 miles north west of my actual location. I'm going to see what DJI is willing to do but I'm only waiting for a couple of days fix the firmware or hire someone that knows how to do it. Obviously the current employees writing code aren't very capable. It shouldn't take months to say we have a problem stop flying till we fix it. If the problem i'sn't addressed I'm moving to Yuneec. Better prices more to offer and support is on point.

You can roll back your DJI Go app with a download from HERE Make sure you uninstall the current app, do a reboot of your phone/tablet and then install the .apk I rolled back to 2.9.1 as I know it is a safe and stable version.
2017-1-27
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261824 ft
United States

Kind of ridiculous that DJI seems so un-concerned. I probably won't be flying for a few weeks anyway but this is a pretty big deal for all of us. I'll go to Litchi it looks like.
2017-1-27
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the link Merlin. Looks like I'm gonna fly his weekend after all.
2017-1-27
Use props
fansf4a1e29c
lvl.1

United States

I guarantee you DJI outsources their customer co.plainst/help.. In other words.. the people that you are communicating with are outsourced from the company and have 0 knowledge on the product.  I have owned a PS3 STD for exactly a month today, and based on the forums, I think I know 10 times more than the people you are talking with.  Also, the whole PS3 line and now PS4 std are discontinued from production.  They really do not care unless you are flying a Mavic pro or higher product..
2017-1-27
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

fansf4a1e29c Posted at 2017-1-27 17:23
I guarantee you DJI outsources their customer co.plainst/help.. In other words.. the people that you are communicating with are outsourced from the company and have 0 knowledge on the product.  I have owned a PS3 STD for exactly a month today, and based on the forums, I think I know 10 times more than the people you are talking with.  Also, the whole PS3 line and now PS4 std are discontinued from production.  They really do not care unless you are flying a Mavic pro or higher product..

Can pretty much count on it and I'm not talking to someone reading from a trouble shooting page I just followed to the letter. When I had dish network a help desk operator had to talk to me for an hour for something I already diagnosed as bad. I sat on my chair in the sun and dealt with it until they agreed that one side of the LNB went south. If they would have listened we would have been on the phone for 5 minutes and on to the next in line.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans15d28fbb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122438 ft
Canada

Is it possible DJI does not care about there customers they are not commenting on their mistake of the app or fixed the problem by rolling back to a different app version it's hard to think that company this big would leave  customers stranded like this and don't even let you know there's a problem when they obviously can sell product to you instantly through this app buy Mavic what DJI has been doing the last bit I'm scared to ever update again?? Psychological you can not buy p3p or p3a on there Site?
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules