Movie: Mavic in winter - Blackforest
1539 18 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

Hello everyone,

today I would love to show you my second Video with DJI Mavic. I think I am getting better. Please give me some feedback and tell me what to do better the next time.

Where did i shoot? See it on google maps

Best greetings from Germany

2017-1-24
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful scenery, cinematic video capture with great composition and exposure. POI around the tower was particularly good showing the mountains and rich blue sky in the background. Thoughtful editing and a very pleasant soundtrack plus a nice story of the day. The shot of the wind turbine looked awesome, nice stick control throughout and great use of POI both of the tower and yourself walking through the snow. Well done Andreas, keep up the good work.
2017-1-24
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United Kingdom

Nice view of an amazing treasure in Germany
2017-1-24
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you so much You know where i can find more music?
2017-1-25
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful scenery, well captured and processed. Very smooth flying.
2017-1-25
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

very nice!
2017-1-25
Use props
Gmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-1-25 08:44
Thank you so much  You know where i can find more music?

Tons of free music here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPSX-g40Ti1c5C7sbGNtGzA
2017-1-25
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

Great video and great flying! I love the location of this video not to mention the windmill shot was epic! Just one question are you filming in 1080p or are you downsizing 4k to 1080p? If your computer can handle it I would always recommend shooting in 4k. Also you had some really good synchronization with the video and music in some scenes then others didn't I think if you work on the timing for some shots that would really take your work to the next level. I loved your video keep it up!
2017-1-25
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

Very nice
2017-1-25
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

BentonJoyce Posted at 2017-1-25 15:46
Great video and great flying! I love the location of this video not to mention the windmill shot was epic! Just one question are you filming in 1080p or are you downsizing 4k to 1080p? If your computer can handle it I would always recommend shooting in 4k. Also you had some really good synchronization with the video and music in some scenes then others didn't I think if you work on the timing for some shots that would really take your work to the next level. I loved your video keep it up!

Hello, yes, I do record in 4k and scale it down to 1080p. My PC handles 4k verry good but i still do not know what is the "best" program to edit my clips. I do love Lightroom and Photoshop for edit my Pictures but I do not know wich is the best program to edit short movies....
2017-1-26
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-1-26 08:53
Hello, yes, I do record in 4k and scale it down to 1080p. My PC handles 4k verry good but i still do not know what is the "best" program to edit my clips. I do love Lightroom and Photoshop for edit my Pictures but I do not know wich is the best program to edit short movies....

I downloaded it off youtube and can see the artifacts, so I know it's a Mavic. But in the window here it looks almost flawless =] I noticed that on my phone too, my footage looks flawless on the small 1080p oled screen, but blow it up on a monitor and you can see where it artifacts.

Have to try encoding strait to 1080p. Maybe youtube doesn't do a great job re encoding to 1080p from 4k. It will be faster to upload too =]

Here's a test video did on artifacts and color grading on youtube /watch?v=FmwhyoFfEjE (it's really not meant for public, so nsfw!) but it shows what you get without nd filters.

That drone guy keeps going on about how he has no artifacts with the polar filters, but I think it's lies. I have the pgy nd4-32 and still get artifacts. The bitrate could use a boost to 80 mbps
2017-1-26
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-26 11:05
I downloaded it off youtube and can see the artifacts, so I know it's a Mavic. But in the window here it looks almost flawless =] I noticed that on my phone too, my footage looks flawless on the small 1080p oled screen, but blow it up on a monitor and you can see where it artifacts.

Have to try encoding strait to 1080p. Maybe youtube doesn't do a great job re encoding to 1080p from 4k. It will be faster to upload too =]

Hello, for understanding your text better... what do you mean with artifacts?
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW, that was awesome, I really liked it. And the windmill closeup was stunning.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJobi
lvl.1

United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-1-26 08:53

Great video. If you already use the Adobe programs, then I recommend using Adobe Premiere. I though it was pretty easy to learn, and they have a TON of online tutorials. It's great for small or large scale projects.
2017-1-27
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Super Bilder! One of my favorite spots with my motorbike. Compliments. (except for the music )
2017-1-27
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

DJobi Posted at 2017-1-27 08:52
Great video. If you already use the Adobe programs, then I recommend using Adobe Premiere. I though it was pretty easy to learn, and they have a TON of online tutorials. It's great for small or large scale projects.

With Premiere Pro is it easy as in Lightroom with edit the colors? Thank you for your tip
2017-1-27
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-1-27 08:02
Hello, for understanding your text better... what do you mean with artifacts?

Look around the trees when they contrast with background. You'll see it. Like a halo effect around them. And sometimes land in the distance, especially farmland where there's strait rows, it gets lossy. You have to know what to film with this thing imo. But I really like your video, it's beautiful.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJobi
lvl.1

United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-1-27 09:38
With Premiere Pro is it easy as in Lightroom with edit the colors? Thank you for your tip

Well to be honest, I have not used light room before, so I don't know the process to adjust the colors. But I think in premiere pro is extremely easy to do. They have a section called "creative filters" and they are a huge list of presets that you can select from to get the look that you want and it auto formats the clip colors according to the preset. Then you can go in and adjust the setting as well if you want, or just leave the filters as is. So it gives you the ability to just pick a filter (and there's like 100+) and/or adjust each individual setting if you'd like. You can also select a filter, change different settings, and then save as your own preset then use that preset on all clips in your timeline so they are all exactly the same. Here is a tutorial video that talks about it from Adobe's site.

Adobe Filter Tutorial
2017-1-27
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Germany

DJobi Posted at 2017-1-27 12:54
Well to be honest, I have not used light room before, so I don't know the process to adjust the colors. But I think in premiere pro is extremely easy to do. They have a section called "creative filters" and they are a huge list of presets that you can select from to get the look that you want and it auto formats the clip colors according to the preset. Then you can go in and adjust the setting as well if you want, or just leave the filters as is. So it gives you the ability to just pick a filter (and there's like 100+) and/or adjust each individual setting if you'd like. You can also select a filter, change different settings, and then save as your own preset then use that preset on all clips in your timeline so they are all exactly the same. Here is a tutorial video that talks about it from Adobe's site.

Adobe Filter Tutorial

Thank you so much! I think I do have to try Premiere Pro Thank you!
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules