2258 17 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey any plans / releases for the Inspire 2 OSMO thing? Somethign that can take the x5s & record the video handheld? Cheers
2017-1-24
Use props
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

from what I understand and I'm a newbie so if I'm wrong don't shoot me, the processor for the x5s is actually inside of the drone.  That said none of the current osmos can operate, let alone adapt to the x5s.  I'm extremely hopeful they will come out with someone and soon.  I'd personally be all over it.  
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It would be inevitable that the X4S and the X5S will be made available on the OSMO, though the current problem would be the separate image processor, like NJ Flying Crazy mentioned. Once they figure that out, then we'll most likely see these new cameras be made available for the OSMO line and other aircrafts like the M600/M100.
2017-1-24
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well they just take the processor from the inspire & put in in a new 'osmo type block' I just wondered what the timeframe was seems real odd to release a new PRO product with out this part of it too.
The beauty of the Inspire 1 & X5 is you can quickly swap it the the osmo & back. Makes for some fantastic shots! Hope they figure it out soon.
Basically I'm trying to work out if I should I sell my inspire 1 & Osmo kit? to buy an inspire 2?
2017-1-25
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-1-25 05:45
Well they just take the processor from the inspire & put in in a new 'osmo type block' I just wondered what the timeframe was seems real odd to release a new PRO product with out this part of it too.
The beauty of the Inspire 1 & X5 is you can quickly swap it the the osmo & back. Makes for some fantastic shots! Hope they figure it out soon.
Basically I'm trying to work out if I should I sell my inspire 1 & Osmo kit? to buy an inspire 2?

don't be too quick to jump on the beta testing inspire 2 band wagon till they at least sort there problems out! I wish I had waited now. (hind sight is a wonderful thing) be patient and is my advice.
2017-1-25
Use props
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-25 07:50
don't be too quick to jump on the beta testing inspire 2 band wagon till they at least sort there problems out! I wish I had waited now. (hind sight is a wonderful thing) be patient and is my advice.

what bugs are you speaking of?
2017-1-25
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

NJ Flying Crazy Posted at 2017-1-25 08:23
what bugs are you speaking of?

did not say bugs. I said problems... like sending out Inspire 2 with beta testing props which do not fit on the motors and then takes 3 to 4 weeks to get them to send you the correct ones and then find out that the new props either fit and they are to tight or to loose.

Do yourself a favor and read the forums!
2017-1-25
Use props
Eye Can Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1104413 ft
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-25 10:06
did not say bugs. I said problems... like sending out Inspire 2 with beta testing props which do not fit on the motors and then takes 3 to 4 weeks to get them to send you the correct ones and then find out that the new props either fit and they are to tight or to loose.

Do yourself a favor and read the forums!

My Inspire had the noisy prop issue so I sent it in for repair.  Nothing wrong with the drone, just the props were pre-production like Colgreach.  

The new props I received back from the service center have a small piece of foam inside the top to eliminate the play.  Two weeks without the drone for work because $0.04 of foam.  The service center was quick, it was UPS that was super slow.
2017-1-25
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Eye Can Fly Posted at 2017-1-25 10:21
My Inspire had the noisy prop issue so I sent it in for repair.  Nothing wrong with the drone, just the props were pre-production like Colgreach.  

The new props I received back from the service center have a small piece of foam inside the top to eliminate the play.  Two weeks without the drone for work because $0.04 of foam.  The service center was quick, it was UPS that was super slow.

Do you have a small number 2 on the underside of your new props?

Version 2?

Version 2?
2017-1-25
Use props
mo 5
New

United States

Hello - I believe that DJI is working on a new "Osmo" for the X5S based on their website.  At the bottom of the Inspire 2 page it states that they will provide us a "ground solution" for the Inspire 2.  Now what that means is to be determined but I already sold my X5R in hopes of getting an Osmo X5S.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.
2017-1-26
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Bulgaria

I was wondering about the same thing about X5S on a handheld gimbal - that would destroy DSLR market in my opinion, since the image quality is outstanding.
But based on the marketing campaign, Inspire 2 could be used as an all-purpose camera for a film shoot. Even though it seems like a crazy idea, I am almost ready to buy one. However it looks like the fan noise coming from the drone is way too loud in order to record sound on set. It might seem a ridiculous, since its a DRONE. But hey, it would make so much sense when filming a professional video (as showed in the promotional videos).
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-1-25 05:45

The former would be most likely. Having a more separate processor would be more for DIY units that use one of DJI's flight controller and other gimbals.
2017-1-31
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

mo 5 Posted at 2017-1-26 13:55
Hello - I believe that DJI is working on a new "Osmo" for the X5S based on their website.  At the bottom of the Inspire 2 page it states that they will provide us a "ground solution" for the Inspire 2.  Now what that means is to be determined but I already sold my X5R in hopes of getting an Osmo X5S.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Maybe look back to the I1 launch and how long it took DJI to release the first OSMO.
Don't hold your breath dude.
2017-2-1
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-25 07:50

Hindsight??  We all had it!  It was called the Inspire 1.
2017-2-2
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok so lets break this down: How did they mount a screen to the inspire 2? Is there a controller hidden in the backpack or something?

2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-2-1 01:16
Maybe look back to the I1 launch and how long it took DJI to release the first OSMO.
Don't hold your breath dude.

The blueprint is there for the basic functions of the OSMO now, it's just a matter of executing it. I would agree it's gonna take a some time before anything is ready for purchase.
2017-2-3
Use props
NJ Flying Crazy
lvl.3
United States

I really don't think an of the x5 cameras (including the new x5s) can beat out the mirrorless or SLRs.  The m34 cameras are getting there.  In fact, I had one of the first ones (the first oly pen)...but say comparing the x5s for stills only to my sony rx1r2 or my canon 1dx2 - there is no comparison.  Don't get me wrong, the x5s (for me) is extremely impressive.  You can moderately push the DNG files and let's be honest, I'd have to be in a helicopter with my sony or canon to try and get the shots my I2 gets.  So having the tech in the x5s in the air is remarkable.  But on the ground, pound for pound, you simply cannot compare any M3/4 system to a full frame sensor.  Motion pictures are a different story...with an osmo (when released) and x5s....that will take the cake in video...I've actually carried my bird around the house to get some home video...
2017-2-5
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-3 20:07
The blueprint is there for the basic functions of the OSMO now, it's just a matter of executing it. I would agree it's gonna take a some time before anything is ready for purchase.

I agree it will be at least 6months...So is there any way to have influence on the design? Personally I would love it to be more professional setup than the normal osmo. - So like HDMI out ports.
- On screen LUT preview.
- Works with inspire 2 controllers for 2nd operator / director screen. - Or 2nd ipad etc for follow focus.
- Maybe 2 hand operation instead of 1?
- or a way to have it hung for all day usage etc.
- Also a chip for continuous autofocus!

2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules