Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera signal frozen
1361 13 2017-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc076682
lvl.1
United States

Hi there.  Just got my I2 today. Using Go 4 app with Samsung Tablet. Video froze the whole maiden voyage. Anyone else have this happen?  It was on 5.4ghz.  
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify which Samsung tablet you have? Which camera are you using with your Inspire 2? What happens when it's set to 2.4 GHz?
2017-1-24
Use props
LW UAS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 858228 ft
United States

I have been having a similar issue. I am using 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablets on dual remotes. Randomly either tablet will have the video feed from the main camera freeze up and the status shows "No Signal", but the FPV feed still works and all of the camera settings can still be changed (including start/stop/shutter). When I exit out back to the main screen of DJI Go 4 app and then enter back in everything works fine. I have tried both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz settings, but it makes no difference. I have yet to actually fly the Inspire 2 yet, these are all tests I am doing on the ground with the remotes about 10 feet away.
2017-2-1
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the same issue with a Samsung note 4.  
2017-2-2
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

eggbeater Posted at 2017-2-2 13:36
I've had the same issue with a Samsung note 4.

Got the latest DJI Go app edition downloaded from the play store.  You have to make sure to close the open older go app before spawning the new edition.   While I was in the field I received a screen message for an aircraft update using an iPad 2 mini,  the android device soon stopped showing video.   Now its fixed.
2017-2-3
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

eggbeater Posted at 2017-2-3 11:48
Got the latest DJI Go app edition downloaded from the play store.  You have to make sure to close the open older go app before spawning the new edition.   While I was in the field I received a screen message for an aircraft update using an iPad 2 mini,  the android device soon stopped showing video.   Now its fixed.

not fixed at all
2017-2-9
Use props
LW UAS
Second Officer
United States

Does anyone have a list of Android devices that work without issues with the Go 4 app? I have tried multiple times to use my Galaxy Tab A and it freezes constantly. I have used my Galaxy 7 phone with no issues, but it does not show the FPV camera view. It would be great to get some feedback on compatible devices so I know what to buy instead of wasting time and money testing it on my end.
2017-2-19
Use props
LW UAS
Second Officer
United States

I returned my Galaxy Tab A devices and got a Tab S2. So far it has been working without any problems. Therefore, I can confirm both the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (8 inch) and Galaxy S7 phone work fine with Go 4 app and I2. Also, I did find how to view the FPV camera on the S7, so both are fully compatible with the I2 capabilities.
2017-2-26
Use props
fansdc076682
lvl.1
United States

This has also happened to me for a month now.  Very frustrating.  Has anyone found a solution?  I'm using the Galaxy Tab E and have also tried my G7 Edge.  
2017-3-1
Use props
LW UAS
Second Officer
United States

fansdc076682 Posted at 2017-3-1 10:30
This has also happened to me for a month now.  Very frustrating.  Has anyone found a solution?  I'm using the Galaxy Tab E and have also tried my G7 Edge.

First, try turning off local caching of footage, it takes up a lot of the device resources. I have a feeling that the Tab E just is not powerful enough to run Go 4 well, so you may have to upgrade as I did. I am using the S2 Tab (8 inch) and it works great. I also use my S7 phone with no problems, not sure why your Edge is having trouble other than the above mentioned cache issue. A lot of people have mentioned that they needed to remove the original Go app before Go 4 started working properly as well. I never had that app on my devices so I can't comment on that aspect.
2017-3-1
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Hi guys, what version of Andriod are you using? I think you may find the culprit within the Andriod itself especially if you recently update the Google Play services...
2017-3-1
Use props
LW UAS
Second Officer
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-1 22:31
Hi guys, what version of Andriod are you using? I think you may find the culprit within the Andriod itself especially if you recently update the Google Play services...

Possible. I can't remember what version my Galaxy Tab A was running specifically, just that it was a version of Lollipop (5.x), and can't check it now as I returned it to the store. The issues I was having were before the latest update of Google Play. My Galaxy S7 phone has always worked fine with Go 4, and my new Tab S2 works great as well. Both run Marshmallow (6.0.1), so maybe that has something to do with it? I am pretty sure though that the manual says Go 4 is compatible with Lollipop. What are you running Jon, and do you have any issues?
2017-3-2
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
Hong Kong

I had my Galaxy S7 working fine and updated the Google Play and found I had the same issues as you. I downgraded the Google Play by "uninstalling" the update and everything was okay again.  

I don't use the S7 very often as i prefer the iPad Pro when i'm filming as i like the FPV very much.  
2017-3-2
Use props
LW UAS
Second Officer
United States

The weather finally allowed me to fly again today and I tested both my S7 and S2 Tab. Both devices are fully updated, and my radios and I2 are on the latest firmware. No issues at all, flew multiple sets of batteries and even let it sit on for quite a while on the ground with no drop outs/frozen video feed.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules