23241 127 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I have a Nexus 6p. Fully stock running Android 7.1.1
Yesterday I received my mavic. Hooked it all up and DJI go 4 crashed every single time I opened it right after displaying the main splash screen...
I u insltaeed and reinstalled it but it still crashed.
I then rebooted the phone and the app did start the. However I'm concerned with the stability of the app and it crashing during flight....
2017-1-25
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Just saw the reviews of the app on Google play store. eceeysingle person there is also saying the same thing that it crashes...

DJI when are you going to fix it? How are we suppose to use it to fly the mavic if the app won't even open.
2017-1-25
Use props
WrightCoast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34255 ft
United States

same here, saw the notice pop up the other day so I switched to Go4 and it crashed everytime I used it,
2017-1-25
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Try turning Auto Rotate Screen off on your device - see if that solves it.

DJI coding chimps with sloppy coding again
2017-1-25
Use props
Miguel_R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1662411 ft
United States

Hey i had that same issue with my nexus 6p.Below is a video that helped me resolve the issue hopefully it helps you as well.  
2017-1-25
Use props
fans464c96e6
lvl.2

Canada

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-1-25 07:45
Try turning Auto Rotate Screen off on your device - see if that solves it.

DJI coding chimps with sloppy coding again

Thanks I'll give this a try.  From my testing i also notice this infact might be related to the rotation off the application at launch
2017-1-25
Use props
fans464c96e6
lvl.2

Canada

Miguel_R Posted at 2017-1-25 10:17
Hey i had that same issue with my nexus 6p.Below is a video that helped me resolve the issue hopefully it helps you as well.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuLhpRtOeQc

Ok.. now that's interesting. I'll give this a try but what's the reason this prevents the crash? What's the source of this solution, any idea? Thanks
2017-1-25
Use props
Miguel_R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1662411 ft
United States

fans464c96e6 Posted at 2017-1-25 17:45
Ok.. now that's interesting. I'll give this a try but what's the reason this prevents the crash? What's the source of this solution, any idea? Thanks

i'm not sure but i think it has something to do with the app native resolution. But after I made the changes i haven't had any more problems.
2017-1-25
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have a different smartphone but when it was updated to Android 7.1.1 the same thing happened to me. The fix is to always make sure you hold the phone in portrait until you tap on Go Fly and then you can turn to landscape. This has always worked for me.
2017-1-25
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

I have to keep the phone in portrait mode when I open the app. Once I'm past the opening screen I can turn the phone. No crashes after that. If I open the app in landscape it crashes right away
2017-1-25
Use props
fans83967f61
New

Germany

Got my Mavic today, installed DJI GO 4 on my HTC 10 (no nougat yet). I could fly for a few minutes, than the app told me it had lost connection while the controller remained connected. The only thing to get it working again was to close the app and reopen it. Hope this will be fixed soon...
2017-1-26
Use props
fansfdb3ff82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487992 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here...Following...
2017-2-27
Use props
fansfc205fd5
New
Flight distance : 4108 ft
United States

I'm also running a Nexus 6P (7.1.2 beta) with my Mavic Pro, and I'm seeing an issue in flight where the phone's live feed freezes. The entire screen, the phones lock button, and volume buttons are  unresponsive. This forces me to reboot the phone while in flight.

Has anyone else had this issue?

2017-3-20
Use props
revdrizza
New
United States

The DJI Go 4 App on my Galaxy 7 Edge keep crashing mid flight... Why is that happening?
2017-4-16
Use props
fans8ffffb8d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458904 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

@dji why is this happening.  Both DJI Go and DJI Go 4 are crashing.  I have a Phantom 3 Adv and a Mavic Pro.  Both are grounded now!  This is not cool!!! I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Android 7.0  I do not recall doing any upgrade since I flew the Mavic last week!
2017-4-22
Use props
twarg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27792 ft
Sweden

fansfc205fd5 Posted at 2017-3-20 18:22
I'm also running a Nexus 6P (7.1.2 beta) with my Mavic Pro, and I'm seeing an issue in flight where the phone's live feed freezes. The entire screen, the phones lock button, and volume buttons are  unresponsive. This forces me to reboot the phone while in flight.

I have exactly this issue on mt 6P on 7.1.2.
2017-4-23
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

fansfc205fd5 Posted at 2017-3-20 18:22

Yes. And I had this back in December and I still have this with the latest version 4.0.6. There was no improvement wrt stability in the last months. It seems that DJI is ignoring hundreds of comments in Play Store that all go along the same lines. Great product, bad Android app.

For me, DJI Go 4 crashes when the RC connection to the drone is bad. I can turn on wifi, BT, mobile connection on the phone and the app crahes about every 3 seconds. If I turn all this off (flight mode), the app is more stable but still crashes every now and then. This usually happens right when the app is started or a few moments later.

From time to time the app goes bananas. Android says "App does not respond, wait or kill?" but then the whole device is not responsive anymore. Restart required. This is especially nasty when the app is in a flight mode like POI, that does not allow you to fly the drone. It is bad because the flight mode cannot be canceled using the pause button on the RC! You can only pause the flight mode.

I really do not understand why DJI does not fix those crashes. Even users with supported devices have reported them. And they have been reported months ago.

Here the last reviews from play store in German:

* Does not work on S7, crashes
* Does not work on Acer (Android 6), crashes
* Crashes after a few minutes
* Crashes immediately, can't use it
* Connection issues on S6 and S2 tablet
* App freezes, does not start anymore. Using litchi now.
* Crashes immediately
* App does not start at all
* Iconia Tab --> App works without problems
* Crashes on S8
* Crashes, unusable on S7
* Crashes on S7

And this goes on and on ...
2017-4-23
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I downgraded my S7 edge to Android Marshmallow and it works flawlessly. I'll wait till its confirmed working fine on Android 7.0 before i upgrade again.
Mine would let me fly for around 5 minutes then it would start to get unresponsive and eventually stop responding at all.
2017-4-23
Use props
Slayne
New
Switzerland

Same issue with my Nexus 5X, also running Android 7.1.2 : 2 complete crashes yesterday. Phone was completely unresponsive, I add to reboot it.
I have some doubts if it's connected to screen rotation ... next time I will lock the screen in landscape mode and see if it works better.

2017-4-25
Use props
Tank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1844688 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anybody else notice that DJI GO 4 stopped working shortly before they announced their new screen? Coincidence? Marketing?
2017-4-29
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would hesitate to continue flying using a Android device that continually crashes on Android.  I recently lost my new Mavic because of DJI Go 4 crashing on my Samsung Galaxy S8.  On reconnection the Mavic reset its home point and auto landed into the ocean.  Don't count on your Mavic being able to survive a app crash simply by hitting the "RTH" button.
2017-4-29
Use props
Rbond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60220 ft
United States

I figured it out drone family. Go into your file explorer, apps folder and delete all DJI folders, should be good to ho after that. It seems to get full and corrupted or something of that nature. Hope this works out for you all!
2017-5-3
Use props
Rbond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60220 ft
United States

Oh yeah, uninstall the app first!
2017-5-3
Use props
fansfa0ca5c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133317 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use Litchi Fly software and you will not experience any crashes.  DJI Go 4 is not trusted to work correctly and has not been fixed
2017-5-6
Use props
fans41779ada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

fans83967f61 Posted at 2017-1-26 05:46
Got my Mavic today, installed DJI GO 4 on my HTC 10 (no nougat yet). I could fly for a few minutes, than the app told me it had lost connection while the controller remained connected. The only thing to get it working again was to close the app and reopen it. Hope this will be fixed soon...

This happens to me all the time too.
2017-5-6
Use props
fansd15c581c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99393 ft
United States

Has anyone attempted this yet? I will tomorrow.

2017-5-7
Use props
beo1329
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87657 ft
Hungary

I've read two solutions: the auto rotate stuff and one related to connecting the phone to the controller. You need to connect the phone after you have established a connection between Mavic and RC. I'll try these when I get the Mavic and I have issues. I have Android 7, so I expect to have issues.
2017-5-8
Use props
fansd15c581c
lvl.1
United States

Well, I tried the last YouTube suggested I posted, turning off video cache, but no dice, app still crashed. I've already opened a case and forward flight logs etc to DJI and their software team is digging into it supposedly. From the app's reviews in the play store seems like 90% of people are dealing with this issue. I haven't tried uninstalling the app or deleting the DJI folders nor turning off autorotate on my phone, but you know what I should not have to configure my phone in a special and weird way just to use the app, God forbid that's the fix for it, forget to change some settings on your phone and risk crashing your drone. I'm not gonna wait forever I will be buying Litchi or Autopilot sooner or later if I don't get any positive updates from DJI. I already requested that THEY provide me with funds to do so if they can't resolve the app crashing issue. I love the drone otherwise, it's perfect for me. Just some advice, since my app usually likes to crash when my drone is farthest away from me, let your sticks go if you are already in a safe spot, let the drone hover, don't panic, it won't move. Restart your app if you can, or reboot your phone if needed, if you have the battery life to do so. If nothing else, I climb to 400ft just to make sure I'm well above trees, power lines etc, just in case I have to fly back home without the app. At least then you can look at how many feet away your drone is on the remote, along with battery life, speed etc. It does suck for those that are in tight spots when the app crashes. I almost always fly at high enough altitude where I won't hit anything.
2017-5-8
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I used to use my Mavic with a Samsung S6 and it crashed constantly, I think DJIs are much more stable with IOS devices
2017-5-8
Use props
Downtown
New
Flight distance : 33842 ft
United States

Crashes constantly on my S7.  Makes me scared to fly.
2017-5-8
Use props
fansd15c581c
lvl.1
United States

Tank Posted at 2017-4-29 13:11
Anybody else notice that DJI GO 4 stopped working shortly before they announced their new screen? Coincidence? Marketing?

I'm not buying an overprice LCD when I already own one, called my phone. If that's their plan sign me up for the class action now.
2017-5-9
Use props
fansd15c581c
lvl.1
United States

Rbond Posted at 2017-5-3 15:15
I figured it out drone family. Go into your file explorer, apps folder and delete all DJI folders, should be good to ho after that. It seems to get full and corrupted or something of that nature. Hope this works out for you all!

Even if this works, what is to prevent the corruption again? They need to fix the app or give everyone $30 to $50 so they can buy apps that work, while firing their entire software team. This thread began way in January and the issue has been around longer than that after reading the play store reviews.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans869e3202
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392641 ft
Austria

just updated to the new go 4 and it doesnt work anymore !!! keeps crashing all the time. i have android 7 on it. tried it on 2nd phone without android 6 and it works there!! WTF - DJI has not made it compatible for Android 7 ??? and i now i am stuck ? many here have the same issue  
2017-5-26
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

I'm joining this thread a bit late, sorry. I updated the app too this morning. My mavic has had the crashing issue, up to the point where my entire controller froze  (the screen, the sticks, everything froze). Fortunately it returned home before falling into the water. Anyway, I'm wondering if the devs we're focusing attention on the spark's software. They'll probably focus on the bugs now.
2017-5-26
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

Same here...Samsung S7edge Android 7.0....tried EVERYTHING to solve this issue...NO WAY.
Very poor DJI
2017-5-26
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

Dji also needs to realize that it's not just hobbyists complaining. There are tons of people who rely on their drones for their jobs. If they can't use a drone, then they lose business. Hopefully they'll realize that and try and find a fix.
2017-5-26
Use props
jakjam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771453 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is this the official dji forum ?  I thought it is, if so i wonder why there is not a single reply from a dji official to explain or help on this issue. I like many many other dji drone owners have the very same problems and dji seems not to give a sh.. about it.  Can any one tell what`s the right way, or anybody did already demand a refund from dji for wasted time on trying to fix or work around the software problems and the need to buy the litchi app to be able to continue flying the drone ? 100$ -150$ should be reasonable to compensate the wasted time and spend money cause of the incompetence of the dji developer team and the ignorance of the forum hosting team.
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

If you ask any app dev who has to write an app for Android they'll tell you what a nightmare it is keeping up with all the BS Android releases out there across multiple phones.   I gave up on Android a couple of years ago and switched to iPhone and have never had the issues I used to have with Samsung et al.
2017-5-26
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

anthonyb Posted at 2017-5-26 14:33
If you ask any app dev who has to write an app for Android they'll tell you what a nightmare it is keeping up with all the BS Android releases out there across multiple phones.   I gave up on Android a couple of years ago and switched to iPhone and have never had the issues I used to have with Samsung et al.

While I don't doubt that this is true, it is irrelevant.  DJI has advertised functionality that is not being fulfilled by their current approved version of the GO4 app.  There are many developers that may also have issues, but have managed to produce stable apps for Android.  I can say without reservation that my device has many and none that are ill behaved like the GO4 app.  Either you support Android or you don't.  I feel for the independent developer that doesn't have the resources that DJI or others do, but DJI has no such excuse.  If you have a device that is on the "recommended" list and its running the suggested version of android, it should work.  Period.  After all, what are the real world ramifications of failure like this if you're writing a game?  Is anyone going to lose $1000 plus or is anyone going to get hurt?
2017-5-26
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending DJI.  I'm merely stating that if you want to limit the risk then switch to iOS.
2017-5-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules