1234Next >
23267 127 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Stolz Posted at 2017-6-20 02:19
Nexus 6P with Android 7.1.2 and DJI GO App crashes on every single flight. It's been like this since android 7.0. DJI GO App does simply not work with Android 7.x

I run on a Sony Xperia X Compact running Nougat 7.1.1 with no crashes, so that is not quite accurate.

I do force close any additional apps I added to the phone though to make sure only DJI Go 4 is running.

I also disable allow system write for DJI Go, I disable background data transfer, and I only allow access to the Microphone, Location, and Storage.  Everything else is disabled.  I also have it firewalled from DJI to stop the annoying you must update or else notifications.

Been running many batteries, with video and audio caching enabled (7GB limit) and the drone flies beautifully.  18 to 20 min flights with not a single crash.
2017-7-9
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flew 3 batteries today.  A minimum of 4 DJI GO 4 crashes per battery.  Using SamSung S8 on T-Mobile with latest .900 firmware and 4.1.3 flight app.   I have little trust in flying my Mavic as compared to my Phantom 4 using a Android 5.0 tablet.  Its a very distressing feeling when your hundreds of feet away over water and the app crashes.  Good News is that restarting the DJI GO 4 app has not yet failed to reconnect with my Mavic and provide a pretty quick up/down-link of video and feature control.  I've discovered that video recording continues despite app crash and that when restarting the app it reconnects affecting video quality.
2017-7-9
Use props
Chunter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25597 ft
Germany

i believe 4.13 is broken but they have yet to acknowledge it, i had aircraft disconnects and waypoints failed to upload,rolled back to 4.10.all good.
2017-7-10
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

Would it be a good idea to purchase a crystalsky once they release the mount for the mavic? I hope at least dji' s screen doesn't crash.
2017-7-11
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sam Orifici Posted at 2017-7-11 03:59
Would it be a good idea to purchase a crystalsky once they release the mount for the mavic? I hope at least dji' s screen doesn't crash.

I hope at least dji' s screen doesn't crash.  I would hope that's the case, but wouldn't count on it.
2017-7-11
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

Going to try an ipod touch now. Hoping to be an improvement...
2017-7-13
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI go 4 used to crash a lot on my 6P as well , but after the last couple of updates it's been rock solid when flying my spark and mavic
2017-7-13
Use props
Krevvy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

Had my mavic for 2 weeks...
Week one using my pixel xl..  constant crashes of the dji app
Then bought an iPad mini 4 which I've been using since last Saturday... Not a single app crash or glitch.

The larger screen is a godsend too.. fits perfectly in the controller.
2017-7-13
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sam Orifici Posted at 2017-7-13 13:12
Going to try an ipod touch now. Hoping to be an improvement...

I'm pretty sure that an iPod Touch won't work.
2017-7-13
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

Gen 6 is supported for go 4, it's a smaller screen, but it shouldn't crash as much, if at all.
2017-7-13
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

Im running 7.1.2 on my nexus 5X and havent had a single crash ever.  My Nexus 7 2013 is running the last update 6.0 released for it and not a single crash there either.  Both seem solid.
2017-7-13
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 327497 ft
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 2017-7-13 14:59
Im running 7.1.2 on my nexus 5X and havent had a single crash ever.  My Nexus 7 2013 is running the last update 6.0 released for it and not a single crash there either.  Both seem solid.

The silence from dji is deafening
2017-7-13
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 327497 ft
Australia

simsurf Posted at 2017-7-13 17:37
The silence from dji is deafening

Over 3 million apps on the Play store now and dji go 4 is possibly the worst app I've ever used
2017-7-13
Use props
Sam Orifici
lvl.1
United States

Ipod touch gen6 16gb...

No crashes on a battery, whereas my s7 edge had 4 in one go and completely disconnected from the controller mid flight. If you're willing to make the investment, this seems to be a decent fix...
2017-7-15
Use props
fans0a67efd9
New

Iran

I use litchi fly and litchi dji for osmo instead of Dji apps and didn't crash until now for 2 days. Recommend to use its
2017-7-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Switching to Ipad is not making an investment.. People on the other side is complaining Ipad being overheated by Go App. They are furious.
2017-7-25
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2017-7-13 14:59

I also have a Nexus 7 tablet running andriod 6.0.1 GO4( 4.1.3)
never have had a crash
might be in the start up.?
1. start mavic
2. start controller let it warm up and acquire at least 6 satilight wait for controller to go into GPS mode
...............wait for GO FLY Screen on controller
3. Start Tablet/Phone
at home screen Plug in cable from Controller to Device
(I Cannot recommend the Cords supplied With the Mavic)
Junk IMO.....buy a good cord
4. Plug in you Phone /Tablet using the USB port go to GO4 app
............................wait for the Go Fly screen

DO NOT PANIC.!
if you lose your feed..(.your device crashes)
as long as you have signal Controller(RC) to Mavic.(look at controller)
  You have control and can fly mavic.!

Just Remember to go into your setting for your controller and set
" Loss of signal"... RTH Return To Home...
Not Landing or hover

your mavic will return to Home port and at some time you can regain control and mavic will respond to controller commands
............C
2017-7-25
Use props
shiwan
New
South Korea

Hi. I fixed crash of dji go 4 on Android 7. I'm using mavic pro and galaxy s6 edge(updated nougat on May).
I tried many ways to solve the problem(off video cash, off autorotate, etc...).
Finally, I found a reason. Maybe, Here map API is crashing on Android 7.
I replaced here map to google map.
DJI Go 4 never crashed with google map during 20 times.
How to kill here map serivce.
1. Turn on controller and drone.
2. Open DJI GO 4 and "Go Fly"
3. Pull menu or home button and go to setting, Developer options,  "Running services"
4. "Stop" all "DJI GO 4" entries
5. Go to "More" on the top right corner, then "Show cached processes", and "Stop" "DJI GO 4" entries
6. Back to DJI GO 4. changed map to Google.
7. Fly.
* don't worry. stopped services run again. don't close DJI GO 4 when you change battery of drone. You have to try again if DJI GO 4 closed.
Thank you.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

shiwan Posted at 2017-7-31 07:03
Hi. I fixed crash of dji go 4 on Android 7. I'm using mavic pro and galaxy s6 edge(updated nougat on May).
I tried many ways to solve the problem(off video cash, off autorotate, etc...).
Finally, I found a reason. Maybe, Here map API is crashing on Android 7.

While waiting for DJI to fix Go 4 bug issues,  for $22.00 I loaded Litchi app & I it has not crashed once in 3 batteries.
Soon as go 4 is working well, I may use it, but, Litchi app is very strong, no lags, no drop outs, & I love being able to set up a waypoint mission at home & then go fly in the field!
cheers
2017-7-31
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if this will work for you, but on my Samsung S7 almost all issues went away when I went into Phone settings and change Display to "Basic" Mode and Resolution to "1920 x 1080".  Hope that helps.  My phone has 2-3 other cinematic modes, which you are warned cause increased power and some apps might not do well.  Same for not using higher resolution settings.  I assume you updated the firmware to the latest.

I just went to Playstore to check my DJI Go 4 version and it says 4.1.3?  I'm Located in Ohio, USA in case this geographical.  
2017-7-31
Use props
jake daniel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136312 ft
Mauritius

Has you tried usb debugging via developer options?
2017-10-3
Use props
djiuser_hsoCFze
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Hi all just got my Mavic Pro, using the latest Android App and a Wiko Tommy 2 mobile.

Seems to crash at critical moments.  Have auto rotate and wifi off.

It's a bit scary when at long distance getting high mountain vid etc.

Any logs we can look at to see why the crash, with websites you usually look at the webserver apache2 software error.

Thanks.
2017-10-24
Use props
fansa04d1dee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226 ft
United Kingdom

IOS 11.0.3 is not connect remote and drone mavic pro in fact!
2017-10-24
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

fans83967f61 Posted at 2017-1-26 05:46
Got my Mavic today, installed DJI GO 4 on my HTC 10 (no nougat yet). I could fly for a few minutes, than the app told me it had lost connection while the controller remained connected. The only thing to get it working again was to close the app and reopen it. Hope this will be fixed soon...

Your the only person in all of the weeks that has the same phone as I do.... I haven't flown successfully in WEEKS due to disconnection issue. Did you have to swap out the side cable?
2017-10-24
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

So what exactly is going on?  And why do DJI not address this post and issue?

Really enjoying my Mavic other than this App crash and also juddery vid, which is for another post I guess.

David
2017-10-25
Use props
whydji
New
United States

Ive got the issue - app updated and now its a shower of you know what - crashes no matter what - DJI have THE Worst software devs on the entire planet
2017-10-25
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

If running the app has SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS then please say so.

They need to have a built in screen instead of an app available at ... play etc ... etc, this app contains ads ...etc.

I just think they are not up to it at the moment with all the different phones etc.

Anyone know if the Goggles crash?  Or their own screen, whats it"s called?  CrystalSky, hard to find it off the main website.  Search brings it up though.

Billion dollar company with a major foundational software flaw that it fails to address.
2017-10-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Hopefully DJI have no hands in commercial aircraft flight software.  They like to call thier products aircraft, but the software is for toys.
2017-10-26
Use props
fans813b3a39
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95105 ft
United Kingdom

Disabling 'Battery Optimization' in Android App settings has stopped my App from crashing.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

fans813b3a39 Posted at 2017-10-26 07:11
Disabling 'Battery Optimization' in Android App settings has stopped my App from crashing.

Thats interesting i may have to try that
2017-10-27
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-4-23 00:29
Yes. And I had this back in December and I still have this with the latest version 4.0.6. There was no improvement wrt stability in the last months. It seems that DJI is ignoring hundreds of comments in Play Store that all go along the same lines. Great product, bad Android app.

For me, DJI Go 4 crashes when the RC connection to the drone is bad. I can turn on wifi, BT, mobile connection on the phone and the app crahes about every 3 seconds. If I turn all this off (flight mode), the app is more stable but still crashes every now and then. This usually happens right when the app is started or a few moments later.

My S8 has worked fine for months.  The only thing I had to do was to set the Screen Resolution to FHD+, for some reason the default (WQHD+) doesn't seem to be compatible. This and other android fixes are widely circulated.

I've found that most people who post  app recommendations don't take time to look for simple remedies. This is especially true with Android Apps, since there are so many variations of the OpSys out there.
2017-10-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

I have tried all the suggestions but it still crashes, about 2 or 3 times per battery.

If only I could see an error log, must be one somewhere, android is Linux basically I suppose and vid is usally dealt with fastcgi or what ever android are using, if I could only see a error log, not rooted my mobile.

I personally think it is a memory, processor speed related issue.  It just packs in because the phones hardware just aint up to it???  Maybe.

1 crash is 1 crash too many.
2017-10-28
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Will hover the Mavic tomorrow full battery and land when empty, I bet the app does not crash.
2017-10-28
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

Dremundo Posted at 2017-10-24 11:44
Your the only person in all of the weeks that has the same phone as I do.... I haven't flown successfully in WEEKS due to disconnection issue. Did you have to swap out the side cable?

I currently use the HTC U11 on 7.1.1 and no issues on the latest DJI updates...I also used my HTC10 on Nougat and never had any issues either but I haven't used the 10 lately so don't know for sure how it handles the newest firmware updates.
2017-10-28
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Just to say I hovered the Mavic for close to 24 mins and app did not crash.
2017-11-1
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

That was a Wiko Tommy 2 quad core.  Have noticed in flight the phone warms up quite a bit .
2017-11-1
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

Pumavic Posted at 2017-10-28 12:49
I currently use the HTC U11 on 7.1.1 and no issues on the latest DJI updates...I also used my HTC10 on Nougat and never had any issues either but I haven't used the 10 lately so don't know for sure how it handles the newest firmware updates.

nice I was thinking of upgrading to the u11 or the iphone x....  im happy to read about the no issues
2017-11-3
Use props
fans01d65d08
New

Estonia

Unistall the app. Use file Explorer to delete all dji Go file and folders from your phone. Re-install the app. Worked for me.
2017-11-5
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

fans01d65d08 Posted at 2017-11-5 10:39
Unistall the app. Use file Explorer to delete all dji Go file and folders from your phone. Re-install the app. Worked for me.

Hi, anychance of a complete list of files to delete and their paths so we can give it a whirl.  Maybe it's an update error.
2017-11-6
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Updated to 4.1.15 today and still had the app crash while doing relatively nothing...  acended to 200 meters and moved forward a bit while recording in Tripod  mode and bang ... goodnight vienna .

Quite annoying as I want to get on and work this Mavic a bit.

Sort it out DJI or state the basic specs needed for the app.  I see in another forum post even the iphone is having problems now!
2017-11-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules