4401 10 2017-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone just sent their Inspire 1 in for a tune-up/check up?

I haven't had any issues with it, but considering how much I fly it, I figured it would be smart to just send it in.

How would I go about this? I'm assuming I pay for shipping?

Do I need to pay for anything even if there's nothing wrong? I basically want to just get it looked at to ensure there's nothing brewing.

Best,
Gavin
2017-1-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Gavin,

I have never heard of anyone actually "wanting" to send their I1 in but if you really must, the first place you should speak to would be your nearest supplier. Did you buy it direct from DJI or from an official agent? Personally, I think your time and money would be better spent elsewhere. Have you read the official Inspire 1 Maintenace Manual? It is pretty easy to do yourself.

Inspire_1_Maintenance_ManualV1.0_en.pdf (106.74 KB, Down times: 52)
2017-1-26
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-1-26 00:52
Hi Gavin,

I have never heard of anyone actually "wanting" to send their I1 in but if you really must, the first place you should speak to would be your nearest supplier. Did you buy it direct from DJI or from an official agent? Personally, I think your time and money would be better spent elsewhere. Have you read the official Inspire 1 Maintenace Manual? It is pretty easy to do yourself.

Haha...I guess it's not a matter of WANTING to send it in. But even in that maintenance manual it says every that "comprehensive maintenance should be performed every 200 flights or 50 hours". I always thought that comprehensive maintenance would be done by DJI. That's a great manual, though! There are plenty of things I can do to ensure it's performing well.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Morrisson Posted at 2017-1-27 07:26
Haha...I guess it's not a matter of WANTING to send it in. But even in that maintenance manual it says every that "comprehensive maintenance should be performed every 200 flights or 50 hours". I always thought that comprehensive maintenance would be done by DJI. That's a great manual, though! There are plenty of things I can do to ensure it's performing well.

It just means that you should thoroughly inspect and essentially going through everything should take place around that time. Unless there's something you absolutely do not feel that you can do on your own or it may risk voiding the warranty, then you can look at a local dealer or the NA DJI Repair Center for further service. The NA facility tends to help with shipping depending on where you're at
2017-1-27
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-27 16:05
It just means that you should thoroughly inspect and essentially going through everything should take place around that time. Unless there's something you absolutely do not feel that you can do on your own or it may risk voiding the warranty, then you can look at a local dealer or the NA DJI Repair Center for further service. The NA facility tends to help with shipping depending on where you're at

Hi Jamie,

Ok, great! Yes, I don't really need to send my Inspire in.

Thanks for clarifying.

Best,
Gavin
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Morrisson Posted at 2017-1-27 17:09
Hi Jamie,

Ok, great! Yes, I don't really need to send my Inspire in.

No problem.
2017-1-29
Use props
djiuser_YqptldB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 560715 ft
United States

I'm surprised,  that someone has not looked at the FAA requirements, that UAV pilots need waivers for, and put together a comprehensive maintenance/certification program.
2017-12-24
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YqptldB Posted at 2017-12-24 19:56
I'm surprised,  that someone has not looked at the FAA requirements, that UAV pilots need waivers for, and put together a comprehensive maintenance/certification program.

That's true. But as you've probably seen, things are changing regularly with the FAA. It seems the only thing remaining a constant is our craving for flight!

However it pans out, I'll keep flying and keeping my UAVs in good shape!
2017-12-31
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

One thing to do for sure is get new prop locks at least twice a year, you can get micro cracks in them and it is cheap insurance if you ask me .  also the props should be inspected and I replace them the same time  as the Prop locks .  Be sure to inspect before each flight as If we loose One Prop its going to mean a hard landing at minimum If not a death spiral .  

I also  blow out the motors with compressed air a few times a year as micro metal can stick to the magnets in the motors .

don't think you ned to send it in. ( in my opinion. )

donnie

donnie
2018-1-1
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-1 05:46
One thing to do for sure is get new prop locks at least twice a year, you can get micro cracks in them and it is cheap insurance if you ask me .  also the props should be inspected and I replace them the same time  as the Prop locks .  Be sure to inspect before each flight as If we loose One Prop its going to mean a hard landing at minimum If not a death spiral .  

I also  blow out the motors with compressed air a few times a year as micro metal can stick to the magnets in the motors .

Hey Donnie!

You're talking about the top-attaching prop locks? I have the newer X5R that locks on the bottom of the prop.

I did just recently fly a top-attaching prop lock and was wondering about the care of them...

Best,
Gavin
2018-1-12
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Morrisson Posted at 2018-1-12 18:40
Hey Donnie!

You're talking about the top-attaching prop locks? I have the newer X5R that locks on the bottom of the prop.

Either one can get fatigued over time and should be replaced every now and then .  Plastic  becomes brittle over time.

donnnie
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules