Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016),reliable for phantom?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MOSES B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5922349 ft
Greece

Hello ,
i am going to receive a Phantom 3 pro in 2-3 days .
I want to buy a dedicated tablet for flying the drone , i will instal only 3-4 light apps in this and the budget is about 200 euros .
I decide to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) T580N 10.1 wi-fi  http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a_10_1_(2016)-8090.php
Does someone have problems with this device ?
Thank you .
2017-1-26
Use props
Rob Fontenot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250197 ft
United States

I tried using the 8 inch version of the Tab A, but had problems trying to get it initiate and maintain a solid connection to the RC.  It became too frustrating so I replaced it with a Nvidia Shield ($199 on Amazon).  I've had absolutely no problems since.
2017-1-26
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

I have the Tab A 8 inch and it works OK as long as I connect in a certain order. I would recommend the Nvidia as it does seem to perform better. (I wanted it but it was not available when I bought the TabA).
2017-1-26
Use props
elmt136-sp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7946 ft
United States

i have problem with the table galay tab a. the imagen is frozzen and missing the sinal.
2017-2-2
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

My experience with brand new Galaxy Tab A 7" was home point way off. I went and got my money back and bought a Ipad mini 2
I don't know why DJI won't fix their stuff for the Galaxy Tabs. They are much better price and good Tablets that have GPS by default which apple don't do
2017-2-2
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

This is a list of known phone/tabs that are compatible
https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go
2017-2-2
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I use the Samsung  Tab A 8 inch with my P3Pro.  I have had no issues in the 8 months that I have been using it.  I do have to make sure to turn on the Tab after the P3P is on and connected to the RC unit.  If I land to change batteries, I have to turn the Tab off and then back on to reconnect.  Only takes a minute, and will then connect every time.
2017-2-2
Use props
mollyg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194721 ft
Canada

djordan2 Posted at 2017-2-2 19:36
I use the Samsung  Tab A 8 inch with my P3Pro.  I have had no issues in the 8 months that I have been using it.  I do have to make sure to turn on the Tab after the P3P is on and connected to the RC unit.  If I land to change batteries, I have to turn the Tab off and then back on to reconnect.  Only takes a minute, and will then connect every time.

I use Tab A like other people found has to be turned on in order or you have a black screen besides that works great.
2017-2-4
Use props
Dalork
lvl.2
Australia

djordan2 Posted at 2017-2-2 19:36

Exactly the same here, have to make sure remote control is turned on before turning tablet on and then it works every time. Other start-up procedures can be a bit hit or miss
2017-10-26
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I use a Tab A 8"
I have had no issues with it at all, and I do not and have not have to turn it on in any particular order.  I usually turn it on first then the RC then the AC all without problems.  I'm flying a P4P all up to date with GO 4 current app
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules