Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony A7R No shutter
1149 6 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansddc39806
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1699 ft
United States

I have a Zenmuse X15-A7 with a Sony A7R camera. I am using a single 14SG Futaba. I cannot get the shutter to work at all. I have wired the GCU "SHUT" to the "F2" port on the A2 controller and mapped it to a 3 position switch on the 14SG Futaba. The shutter won't work. Can somebody help? Thanks very much!
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I see you posted on another thread about this. You can disregard that response and I can continue to help from here. Just to clarify, do you see channel movement in either the A2 Assistant or the Gimbal Assistant? Is everything up to date with the latest firmware?
2017-1-26
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-26 15:33
I see you posted on another thread about this. You can disregard that response and I can continue to help from here. Just to clarify, do you see channel movement in either the A2 Assistant or the Gimbal Assistant? Is everything up to date with the latest firmware?

Everything is up to date as far as firmware. I do have channel movement on both the Zenmuse assistance and the A2 assistant.
2017-1-26
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.1
United States

Please allow me to elaborate. I can't get the shutter to operate by mapping a channel on my Futaba 14SG. I have inserted the wire supplied by DJI from the "SHUT" port on the GCU to the "F2" port on the A2 controller. I then mapped my Futaba 14SG channel 11 (2-position switch)  to control the F2 port. I can see the switch move in the Zenmuse assistant and the A2 assistant. The shutter will not operate my Sony A7R camera.
My ultimate goal is to use Ground Station and the photogrametry tool to fly an autonomous mission and take pictures that I can use for surveying land. Currently I cannot even get the shutter to work and I feel that I need to do that before trying to get the shutter to work in Ground Sattion software.

Questions:
1. Do I need to set any special settings in the camera?2. The Zenmuse promotional website says "By attaching an infrared receiver, remote shutter control capability can be added to the Z15-A7 gimbal system, letting you command the camera during flight". This leads me to believe there is a part that I need to purchase to make the shutter on my Sony A7R work

Thanks RickyA HDMI-AV/HD video output module enables live streaming and remote shutter control, and you can switch between AV or HDMI output easily.

2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansddc39806 Posted at 2017-1-26 16:56
Please allow me to elaborate. I can't get the shutter to operate by mapping a channel on my Futaba 14SG. I have inserted the wire supplied by DJI from the "SHUT" port on the GCU to the "F2" port on the A2 controller. I then mapped my Futaba 14SG channel 11 (2-position switch)  to control the F2 port. I can see the switch move in the Zenmuse assistant and the A2 assistant. The shutter will not operate my Sony A7R camera.
My ultimate goal is to use Ground Station and the photogrametry tool to fly an autonomous mission and take pictures that I can use for surveying land. Currently I cannot even get the shutter to work and I feel that I need to do that before trying to get the shutter to work in Ground Sattion software.

On page 23 of the A7 manual, it indicates that the shutter button would have a direct connection to the receiver, and would not be connected to the F2 port:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/z ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

Have you happened to take a look at this? The physical connections would be same whether using an A2 or WKM.
2017-1-27
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-27 00:31
On page 23 of the A7 manual, it indicates that the shutter button would have a direct connection to the receiver, and would not be connected to the F2 port:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/zenmuse_z15_a7/en/Z15_A7_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

The manual is not very helpful because I am using an A2 Controller. Thanks for the help anyway.
2017-1-27
Use props
fansddc39806
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for the double post
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules