Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Mobile recommended accessories
2591 6 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans98916b7c
New

Canada

Hello,

Just purchased my DJI Osmo Mobile and am wondering what accessories does everyone reccomend? I'll be doing time lapse, panorama and long exposure. Would the base be enough or should I go with the tripod?

Thanks
2017-1-26
Use props
Tai Kwong Mor 3
lvl.1

Hong Kong

The base is very useful. It also allow you to mount your osmo mobile on any tripod.  A must have accessories.
2017-1-30
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

While a little pricey, I like the mounting adaptor with a quick-release shoe for attaching to a tripod. It is all metal, compact enough to fit in the carry bag and gives two shoe mounts for other accessories.
2017-1-31
Use props
AlexBeCool
lvl.1
United States

not necessary, you can find the 1/4 '' tripod screw on ebay about 1 or 2 US dollar and then you can DIY tripod mount by yourself. there are tons videos on youtube to show you how to DIY the mount
2017-2-2
Use props
ProudPinoy
New

United Arab Emirates

Base is enough for time lapse

I owned the dji extension rod with a tripod,  if i will do timelapse with a fully extended rod my time lapse video will have shaking movement, the gimbal becomes unstable with the fully extended extension rod.
2017-2-3
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

AlexBeCool Posted at 2017-2-2 10:57
not necessary, you can find the 1/4 '' tripod screw on ebay about 1 or 2 US dollar and then you can DIY tripod mount by yourself. there are tons videos on youtube to show you how to DIY the mount

You are absolutely correct.

I looked at several DIY options to create a tripod mount. They all (IMHO) looked ridiculous. I have a $300 Osmo on an expensive Kirk ball head on an expensive Gitzo tripod. In the end, I decided that it was worth the few dollars for the (admittedly very overpriced) adaptor. The inclusion of two shoe mounts does add some value (for me). The quick release plate (only about $1 more than just the tripod screw) makes it very convenient for me to switch between OSMO and my other cameras.

The homemade versions do have their place. I'm happier with the OEM product. YMMV
2017-2-5
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

ProudPinoy Posted at 2017-2-3 11:40
Base is enough for time lapse

I owned the dji extension rod with a tripod,  if i will do timelapse with a fully extended rod my time lapse video will have shaking movement, the gimbal becomes unstable with the fully extended extension rod.

Yes, you want a very stable base for time-lapse. An extension rod (or cheap tripod) will be much more prone to movement. Being that the base is so short, it is a better choice for timelapse. Of course, any option is only as stable as the surface you place it on.

I recently did a time-lapse from a highway overpass. My tripod is very stable. What I did not count on was bridge sway. The slight movement of the bridge itself clearly showed up in the video. The day was a little windy, and the effect was heightened each time a truck drove on the overpass. Lesson learned - next time I am shooting from the side of the road.
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules