Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD card to external hard drive WITHOUT computer?!
23501 10 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utahskier
lvl.3
United States

Hi guys,

I've been searching the internet trying to find a way to transfer videos/photos from an SD card to an external hard drive with out using a computer.  The goal is to save as much space as possible when traveling and not have to bring my computer (so I can have more room for the mavic and fun stuff!).  I have been looking at a few potential options that claim that they can in fact do this transfer without a computer, but I wanted to see if anyone has had any experince with these products, or had any other potential solutions.

There are two diffent versions of the RAVpower filehub, version 1  and version 2.  The RAVpower app seems to get mixed reviews on the google play store.

I have also been looking into the Kingston MobileLite Wireless G3.

If anyone has any insight into how I might go about doing this, or has used the above products, please please let me know.

Thank you
2017-1-26
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

WD wireless pro hard drive. Look it up
2017-1-26
Use props
utahskier
lvl.3
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-1-26 19:32

Ah yes this would be perfect!  The goal is to hopefully not to to buy a new external since I already have one, but if worst comes to worst this could be a good choice.  Have you used this one?
2017-1-26
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Canada

Yup. i own the new wireless pro and the older model too. The Pro is better in the sense that it has a really fast SD card reader so you can empty out the sd card in no time...Also has AC wifi you can stream those videos back to your phone, tablet etc... plus it runs plex
2017-1-27
Use props
A1000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

I have a WD wireless pro which I use for travel photography but it works well for video.  The newer version is quicker in terms of transfer but the older one works pretty well also and if you have an iphone or ipad (or android equivalent) you can view the footage and work on it.
2017-1-27
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

This is what i was looking into and was going to recommend.
2017-1-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

*Upvoted*

THAT'S AWESOME!  Just ordered 2 of these.  LOL, I had no idea these were out there!
2017-1-27
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not what you've asked for, but sometimes the easiest option is under your nose.  64Gb micro SD cards are around $15 or £15.... why not just buy a few spare for your trip?

Ian
2017-1-27
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Wellsi Posted at 2017-1-27 14:14
Not what you've asked for, but sometimes the easiest option is under your nose.  64Gb micro SD cards are around $15 or £15.... why not just buy a few spare for your trip?

Ian

EXACTLY. Totally agreedOr if you have a phone or tablet that has an SD microcard slot...why not take the SD card from the mavic and move the flight videos to that phone or tablet. Leave them there, or upload to cloud storage. Then delete from the SD card, remove from phone or tablet, reinsert into Mavic.
2017-1-27
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Yeah, it's nice if your phone can hold a big sd card (128 and up). Transfer it all to the sd storage on the phone using a otg cable and a something like a small transend adapter (usb 3 to sd/microsd).
2017-1-27
Use props
alirz5
Second Officer
Canada

Sure there are many ways to manage storage. Choice is yours. Keep in mind 70 min of 4K 30fps video is about 32 gb. So the f your travelling no for a little no time, that's a lot of memory cards to manage.
When you are travelling, I'm pretty sure you're not gonna find a network connection that lets you upload tens of gigabytes of data .
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules