Help with jitter and Moire on my footage (video)
1824 9 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jlcbeltran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 591302 ft
Puerto Rico

GUYS HELP OVER HERE PLEASE!
I am breaking my head over here. My fotage is always with for what I have learned is called Moire or Jitter, is affecting my shots. I know I have read about ND filters and the ability they give you to shoot with 60 shutter speed etc. Could you take a look at my footage and give me your opinion on whether or not my problem could be fixed with the filters or is it a gimbal malfunction.
Here is the link to youtube. Please watch high def

2017-1-27
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

ND filter is a must have. I rarely shoot without an ND8 or ND16 during daylight.   Also, DJI's out of the box video settings are over sharp.  -1 or -2 on sharpness will help with the moire.
2017-1-27
Use props
Jlcbeltran
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2017-1-27 08:17
ND filter is a must have. I rarely shoot without an ND8 or ND16 during daylight.   Also, DJI's out of the box video settings are over sharp.  -1 or -2 on sharpness will help with the moire.

So you dont see anything out of normal with my gimbal?? I will correct those settings too and ordered Taco rc filters set yesterday but Im afraid that the reason I am getting this kind  of footage could be gimbal malfunction. It is a 3 days old mavic so want to make sure everything came good or not.

thanks for your help
2017-1-27
Use props
Jlcbeltran
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Here is more footage
2017-1-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Nothing wrong with that footage (except you eventually barf from the spinning).  Like others have set, I shoot -1,-1,-2 in style.  Depending on the intensity of the lighting, I'll use a Polar Pro ND/PL filter.  This makes it MUCH easier getting usable, enjoyable footage.

I do notice some skipping or something.  Perhaps look at the microSD card's write speed that you're using...  Maybe it's just YouTube.

2017-1-27
Use props
Jlcbeltran
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-1-27 08:27
Nothing wrong with that footage (except you eventually barf from the spinning).  Like others have set, I shoot -1,-1,-2 in style.  Depending on the intensity of the lighting, I'll use a Polar Pro ND/PL filter.  This makes it MUCH easier getting usable, enjoyable footage.

I do notice some skipping or something.  Perhaps look at the microSD card's write speed that you're using...  Maybe it's just YouTube.

thankyou so much for your reply and your help. I am using the card that dji gives you with the drone. getting a faster card could help on smoother footage combining it with ND filters???

Thanks
2017-1-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Jlcbeltran Posted at 2017-1-27 09:07
thankyou so much for your reply and your help. I am using the card that dji gives you with the drone. getting a faster card could help on smoother footage combining it with ND filters???

Thanks

Oh you'll REALLY smooth out the footage with the ND filters.  And if you have the combo ND/PL filters, it's like upgrading the camera (especially over water & the sky).

Now the card thing is just theory.  I'm not sure what that stutter is.  It could simply be YouTube or your framerate & YouTube.  I'd suggest shooting -1,-1,-2 and using ND/PL filters and only 4k30 & D-Cinelike.  Those settings sure make getting great footage (with dynamic range in post) easier.
2017-1-27
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Ah you got a good one. Those little changes in speed is either your thumb on the yaw or wind. I didn't see anything in there abnormal.

Hey Drone, do you have any video? I want to see a PL+ND sample.
2017-1-27
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-1-27 13:41
Oh you'll REALLY smooth out the footage with the ND filters.  And if you have the combo ND/PL filters, it's like upgrading the camera (especially over water & the sky).

Now the card thing is just theory.  I'm not sure what that stutter is.  It could simply be YouTube or your framerate & YouTube.  I'd suggest shooting -1,-1,-2 and using ND/PL filters and only 4k30 & D-Cinelike.  Those settings sure make getting great footage (with dynamic range in post) easier.

Sorry Drone never seen those pms. Some reason can't even pm you! Yeah that does look nice =] Thanks
2017-1-27
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

shot with an ND16,  ISO 100, 50f, 2.6k
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules