Connecting a Tascam as a microphone
1259 2 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superthrust
lvl.1

United States

Is there a method or the ability to use/connect a Tascam DR-22 or DR-44WL as a microphone and record? or would i have to hold onto both units?

I have thought of using the Rode micro mic that alot of other youtubers have been in raves about but would love to use my tascam if i could. I know there are different mounts for microphones but haven't seen anything for a tascam...is this possible? and if so, which mounts WOULD I need?
2017-1-27
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

Ideally you'd need some form of male hot shoe mount on the Tascam recorder. - You should be able to pick some threaded / self adhesive adapter up[ online.  Once you have this you could mount it to the universal adapter.  Bearing in mind the weight you'd be balancing I think it'd be better running a lead to the Tascam and just placing in a pocket / having a clip onto a strap/belt.
2017-1-28
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

alphacrust Posted at 2017-1-28 15:08
Ideally you'd need some form of male hot shoe mount on the Tascam recorder. - You should be able to pick some threaded / self adhesive adapter up[ online.  Once you have this you could mount it to the universal adapter.  Bearing in mind the weight you'd be balancing I think it'd be better running a lead to the Tascam and just placing in a pocket / having a clip onto a strap/belt.

Found this online

2017-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules