Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Broken gimbal on arrival
2826 20 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pgale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

I just received my Mavic Pro (UK) and was delighted that it was shipped and delivered to my door within 5 days (From a UK distribution centre)

However, after my first 3 minute flight I was getting 'excessive gimbal vibration' errors. When I inspected it, the small plastic round tab directly behind the gimbal was broken and pushed down towards the aircraft - but still held in place by what appears to be a sticky label on the inside. I noticed this when unpacking but thought it was meant to be like that - some kind of counter balance as the disk was sitting out from the gimbal. It wasn't until I inspected further and pushed it up into place that it's obviously broken off.

This looks like a very flimsy part of the gimbal and I think it also gets held in place by the gimbal lock (can someone config that? Maybe it was broken during shipping but more likely when the gimbal lock was fitted in the factory.

I've requested an RMA.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this - and anyone know how long it takes for an RMA to the UK currently?

thanks.

IMG_0351.JPG
2017-1-27
Use props
Drew77

United States

You would not be the first one with a broken gimble upon arrival look at the other posts. I know how it feels to finally get it and you can't use it I feel your pain..
2017-1-27
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

The gimbal has to sit under that tab at the rear .... afaik if you slip it under that metal tab it should resolve your problem.
2017-1-27
Use props
Airobotix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Check this: https://www.djivideos.com/video_ ... aa2549df2.png@!1200
2017-1-27
Use props
Pgale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

Yes I noticed that the gimbal wasn't under the bracket so obviously wasn't fitted correctly at the factory. Then when the gimbal lock was fitted, it was forced and broke the plastic tab.
2017-1-28
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.1
United States

I just received my Mavic today with the same damage! how do i send this back and get a new one?
2017-2-1
Use props
Yhadar04
lvl.4
Israel

You don't need to send it to dji. Just push the gimbal into the bracket and it should be fine
2017-2-1
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.1
United States

Yhadar04 Posted at 2017-2-1 03:02
You don't need to send it to dji. Just push the gimbal into the bracket and it should be fine

the back piece is broken
2017-2-1
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.1
United States

I have not even flown this aircraft yet, its broken upon arrival how do i send it back to get a new one?  can someone help me?
2017-2-1
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.1
United States

purchased through dji website
2017-2-1
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

AESTHETIC VIEWS Posted at 2017-2-1 03:38
purchased through dji website

Stop yelling.... Contact DJI,  have patience... Have more patience and then get a new one...
2017-2-1
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.1
United States

ok i contacted dji and obtained a case number thanks
2017-2-2
Use props
Baps
lvl.1

Turkey

Hey Pgale,

I am having the same issue here. The small plastic part behind the gimbal was broken during delivery.

My issue is that I received the mavic one day before leaving abroad. Now I am in turkey far from home....

I try to find solutions...

Did you try to fly again ? If yes, did you fix this shaking issue ?

The more I look at the piece the more I think it is "useless" except to protect the little cable behind the gimbal.

If I receive a spare part, would it be possible to change it myself ?

Thanks to All of you who could help me on this one. Appreciated
2017-2-3
Use props
utahskier
lvl.3
United States

Just posted a new thread with this exact same crack on mine (didn't see yours before) and I received it yesterday! How do you ship so many products with a broken piece?? I'm on the phone with them now trying to find out if they can just ship out the piece so I can replace myself.  Maybe with enough complaints they'll send out this part? I really really don't want to send it back, especially when its such a simple fix.
2017-2-3
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.1
United States

I sent mine back. I did not even get to fly it. Now I have to wait again.
2017-2-3
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

What stinks is if you send it back you will likely receive a repaired unit that someone else returned. They will repair yours and send it to someone else as their replacement.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Normally the turn around time is about 2 weeks.
If you have any query about your case, please feel free to let me know.
2017-2-4
Use props
fanse3ef8c6b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine came today broken too. It didnt help that the box was loose in the shipping box. No packing materials at all.
2017-2-7
Use props
fansaba30984
Flight distance : 635814 ft
United States

Just received mine with the cap behind the gimbal broken. I think its just a protection for the cable but it hurts to see my new toy with cracks. Cant wait for replacement because im going back home. Its a shame for dji, so many cases and not a quick solution yet.
2017-2-13
Use props
dji_blup75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103340 ft
Netherlands

Hello, i'm new here, but i just want to make notice i just received my DJI Mavic Pro "fly more combo", and didn't even put all proppellors on because when i took of the protective gimbal cover a small piece of plastic fell out and i was instantly worried. It seems i have an broken gimbal backpiece on arrival. I'm lucky my reseller just gonna change it for a new one, but still. DJI should sort this out to improve customer satisfaction. My first DJI unboxing ended up with disappointment. See the pictures....

http://imgur.com/jMFeWA1
http://imgur.com/WvbFT3T
http://imgur.com/0uxF17o
http://imgur.com/kRPYdIz

2017-3-2
Use props
rowdy1
New
Flight distance : 4229 ft
United States

Baps Posted at 2017-2-3 10:10
Hey Pgale,

I am having the same issue here. The small plastic part behind the gimbal was broken during delivery.

The broken part is what slides into the gimbal clamp, and without it the clamp cannot hold the gimbal steady as intended.
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules