Maybe a bug when switching out of follow me?
787 3 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harfordhawk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

I am fairly new to flying the mavic, but have flown many machines from quads, to planes, with gps and autopilots, etc.

Today I tried out the follow me and it seemed really 'ok' but when I switched out of it all hell broke out. Well not really,
but I lost GPS and it got real sqirrelly for a little bit.  I have never had GPS signal problems here and my theory is there is something going on
with the handoff from the follow me mode.   I uploaded the flight to healthy drones, but I am not sure if there is any 'reason' to be found there.
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MOeVvp  I don't know if anyone can help me or maybe I am just letting you all know this happened.  
If anyone else has observed this, I would be interested.

I am using latest firmware, and android tablet with go 4.0.1

Now I have to go and change my pants.

2017-1-27
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
United States

anyone else seen this problem?
2017-1-28
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
United States

anyone else seen this problem?  If you have I would really like a comment.  If not, then it must be something else happening here.
2017-1-28
Use props
Peterg4
lvl.2

United Kingdom

YESSSSS... (just so you know who I am!)

I had mine flying beautifully while i was on a run last weekend. Decided I wanted some footage of myself from an altitude and distance that activetrack wouldn't have been able to cope with. mavic just lurches around so the footage was unusable. I brought it back to me and tried to just fly it to a position for some stills. got a message that GPS had been lost (but I could see I had 15 sats linked). mavic drifted around - ATTI mode I presume. well I got it down to about head height and it stabilized - presumable VPS kicked in. landed it, bagged it, ran a few miles, flew again. back to her old self again.   "Follow me" mode sucks.
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules