Closer range obstacle avoidance??
694 4 2017-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Masdog
lvl.2
United States

Is there a way to say make the obstacle avoidance prox warning kick in closer to objects? I kniw its was improved for indoors but for outside? Like say you want to do a roof inspection or cell tower inspection and want to get closer than 6ft but still keep the warning to gauge how far away the obstacle is. Any way to do this? Or eliminate the overide of the drone stopping but still show the proximity warning would be great also.
2017-1-27
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

Yea, just switch off FWD sensors. The remote still buzzes and " range radar" is displayed but you will be able to smash into stuff if you like. I tried it and works well. In fact I have the FWD sensors off by default. The biggest danger being undetectable branches (also did some experimenting) and the Bl00dy birds attacking from behind they are not much of use.
2017-1-27
Use props
Masdog
lvl.2
United States

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-27 15:18
Yea, just switch off FWD sensors. The remote still buzzes and " range radar" is displayed but you will be able to smash into stuff if you like. I tried it and works well. In fact I have the FWD sensors off by default. The biggest danger being undetectable branches (also did some experimenting) and the Bl00dy birds attacking from behind they are not much of use.

Great..... the exact answer I needed.
2017-1-28
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Masdog Posted at 2017-1-28 09:01
Great..... the exact answer I needed.

Yes and use something large & bright.  My main device is a Samsung Note 5.  When I use that, I can see SO much more than using the Galaxy S5.  The larger screen, more resolution, and the clarity/brightness makes all the difference in seeing and not seeing a branch in winter.
2017-1-28
Use props
Masdog
lvl.2
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-1-28 10:23
Yes and use something large & bright.  My main device is a Samsung Note 5.  When I use that, I can see SO much more than using the Galaxy S5.  The larger screen, more resolution, and the clarity/brightness makes all the difference in seeing and not seeing a branch in winter.

Yes I need a new device. I use a galaxy tab A and its basically useless.
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules