Wobbling white arc over camera
885 6 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2f3baf18
New

France

Hey guys,

Just got my mavic and I've noticed and annoying white arc wobbling over the footage while flying. I feel like it's the reflection of the gimbal in the cover or something but not sure. I know I saw someone else post about something similar but can't remember what the fix was. I've seen some people mention flying without the cover on but thought you were supposed to have it on.

I'm sure I've missed something obvious but thought you guys could help.

Video:

Cheers.
2017-1-28
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just take the cover off, the only time You might want it on is if there's some exceptional risk to the camera like flying close to trees or perhaps spots of rain.
Just be careful it can't bump anything when you start up or land.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans2f3baf18
New

France

Thanks. Yeah I hadn't seen anything saying to take it off but after some browsing on the forum I see you can fly with it off. I'll take it off in future!
2017-1-28
Use props
PierreTL
New
United States

fans2f3baf18 Posted at 2017-1-28 03:01
Thanks. Yeah I hadn't seen anything saying to take it off but after some browsing on the forum I see you can fly with it off. I'll take it off in future!

Hey! Have the same issue here (just posted actually). No clue why. It shouldn't happen...
Tried without the cover and it was fine but that's not the point.Have you found anything new about this?
2017-1-28
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

PierreTL Posted at 2017-1-28 12:10
Hey! Have the same issue here (just posted actually). No clue why. It shouldn't happen...
Tried without the cover and it was fine but that's not the point.Have you found anything new about this?

Yeah. Don't fly with the cover on. It blocks airflow through the body and is only meant to protect the gimbal while transporting it in a bag.

There are sun shades for sale 3rd part or you can modify the cover to make your own.
2017-1-28
Use props
JaseUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

PierreTL Posted at 2017-1-28 12:10

That probably is the point actually, it's supposed to be used with the dome off. If you are putting a plastic dome in front of it then that's what you get. The optics on a camera/lens are precision made you really dont want to be putting a cheap bit of plastic in front of it, same goes for filters, get good ones.

I dont think it helps though that in a lot of DJI's own videos they show the Mavic being used with the cover dome on, they really should show it with the dome off.
2017-1-28
Use props
PierreTL
New
United States

JaseUK Posted at 2017-1-28 12:24
That probably is the point actually, it's supposed to be used with the dome off. If you are putting a plastic dome in front of it then that's what you get. The optics on a camera/lens are precision made you really dont want to be putting a cheap bit of plastic in front of it, same goes for filters, get good ones.

I dont think it helps though that in a lot of DJI's own videos they show the Mavic being used with the cover dome on, they really should show it with the dome off.

+1 they always show the cover on.
I'll do without
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules