Firmware Update Horror
1657 22 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

At first the phone call in to DJI was great I explained the issue (esc error after firmware update) the person on the phone did not hesitate and requested me to send in obviously as several others had the same issue

The drone then made it back for service (I did send my bad battery " with water damage") in hopes warranty would sneak it through. Apparently a bad idea on my part

then was emailed back saying the complete unit was not covered due to moisture in the drone??? ... I am only to assume the checked the battery and ""assumed the drone had water damage"".

Keep in mind the drone\camera worked 100% prior to the update. I get a quote for around 880$ to replace drone, replace camera, and battery as not covered under warranty.

I then have been in contact via email with no support just pay the bill, I then called in waited 40 min on hold to actually talk with someone that seemed to care and dispute for me. Apparrently no one made note of this, I am guessing customer service area is not the same location as service. I feel like anything I said to one never gets to the next.
I have spoke to several people on the phone, email, and online chat. So far I was told they would dispute the charges, I was told they will talk with supervisors, and now I am told a supervisor will email me.

When i emailed back I asked several questions and never do I get a answer. No proof no nothing. I get well you did not pay the bill.... Ok I bought this thing 5 months ago never one issue until i do a firmware update. I tried explaing several times after i update i can power it down and turn back on and fly.. as soon as i take out the battery and then later insert to fly I get the esc error. I then firmware update again power down turn back on and can fly again. Keep in mind camera still works no issue..

880$ to fix come on guys. If the esc board was damaged via firmware its 179 for the board.

I am not the only one that had a working drone prior to the update search these forums, reddit, youtube, you name it. There is a problem.

I own a Phantom 4, my phantom 3 Advanced (the one with issue), and waiting on my new Inspire 2. I am a loyal customer and feel I should be taken care of.

I now wait for a supervisor to email back (i really hope they got the memo as it seems anything I say gets lost)

I am rather frustrated and have put a hold on my inspire 2 order over 7k. The Store is pi**ed.

2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... ware-update.102930/

https://forum.dji.com/thread-80000-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-78213-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-75571-1-1.html

Only a few but there are lots of people having the issue
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We've replied you in another thread, will escalate your case and help you handle it soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, Vantis.
2017-1-28
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Yes thank you. Said they will follow up Monday.

2017-1-29
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Do I wait for a email or keep on checking the forum ?
2017-1-30
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Here is what support wrote back. No proof and very poor explanation

IMG_2395.PNG
2017-1-30
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

So they claim moisture with no picture proof. And now they claim it was a problem with the previous update !!
2017-1-30
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

And yes I refused to pay 880$ To replace everything that was working prior to a update.
2017-1-30
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Can I please get a status update
2017-1-30
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

CAS-400642-Z3W7W7

If anyone cares to read the thread.
2017-1-31
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Here is the outrageous quote.

Worked 100% before a firmware update.
IMG_2400.PNG
2017-1-31
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Sent out Jan 9th.

Everyone I talk with say I will get a email within 24-48hrs. I wait and still nothing.

Multiple times I am promised a supervisor is working on it.

Multiple times I am told a supervisor will email me.

Still nothing. Now told 7-10 days to re-evaluate.
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vantis Posted at 2017-1-31 04:50
Sent out Jan 9th.

Everyone I talk with say I will get a email within 24-48hrs. I wait and still nothing.

I will have someone contact you this morning.
2017-1-31
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

Ken. I got this email this morning.

In all my years of dealings. This has to be the worst experience I have ever had with a company.

I had a perfectly working drone prior to the update.

I then get a ridiculous quote of over 800 to repair. I could go and purchase a brand new one for that price.

The camera was fine and working.

Did they just open it and see moisture and think oh everything is broken. No idea how there was moisture. No proof from anyone.

There is another customer MR. C that sent his in for stress cracks and now he is being pinned down to a quote of over 800 claimed to be water. For real guys is this really your final conclusion ?
IMG_2401.PNG
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Vantis Posted at 2017-1-31 08:21
Ken. I got this email this morning.

In all my years of dealings. This has to be the worst experience I have ever had with a company.

I'm sorry, they've reevaluated your case and came up with the same conclusion as before.
I am sorry about that, there's nothing more I can do.
2017-1-31
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-31 09:17
I'm sorry, they've reevaluated your case and came up with the same conclusion as before.
I am sorry about that, there's nothing more I can do.

Ok I appreciate your effort. It's crazy how there is not a customer service dept. in all my conversations not once did anyone really hear what I was saying. It is rather sad for a big company to just not care.
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Vantis Posted at 2017-1-31 12:20
Ok I appreciate your effort. It's crazy how there is not a customer service dept. in all my conversations not once did anyone really hear what I was saying. It is rather sad for a big company to just not care.

I'm sorry you fell that way, there is a customer service department and they've entered in many notes on your case and have had many conversations with you.
I am sorry that your repair wasn't able to be covered under warranty.
2017-1-31
Use props
vortecman
lvl.2
United States

WOW, I'm on this form because I was going to get a Phantom 3 ,Now I'm going to re-think what kind of drone to buy, It seems from my reading the customer service is not that great.
2017-2-2
Use props
fans0753107d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46312 ft
United States

My standard flew great and I ignored firmware upgrade banner for about a week keep seeing on Facebook oh update it's not hurting nothing so after a great flight I came home charged my battery and started update my gimbal twitched like a dying fish and machine screamed for 45 minutes it finally got to 48%_52 it said failed ..I felt of gimbal hot !! I waited till next day powered on bdeep bdeep loud constantly but gimbal never moved now .So I YouTube's info uninstalled app on Android 7 reinstalled etc still bdeep so finally got DJI on phone she claimed my phone but I kept on she mailed ship label OK today got email 178.00 buncgph of ,3.09-9.00 items and a 149.99 labor I whined got dispute one thing drones bareilly ,6-7 months old and no problems till firmware update hopefully they will treat me better
2017-2-3
Use props
Vantis
lvl.2

Canada

fans0753107d Posted at 2017-2-3 17:14
My standard flew great and I ignored firmware upgrade banner for about a week keep seeing on Facebook oh update it's not hurting nothing so after a great flight I came home charged my battery and started update my gimbal twitched like a dying fish and machine screamed for 45 minutes it finally got to 48%_52 it said failed ..I felt of gimbal hot !! I waited till next day powered on bdeep bdeep loud constantly but gimbal never moved now .So I YouTube's info uninstalled app on Android 7 reinstalled etc still bdeep so finally got DJI on phone she claimed my phone but I kept on she mailed ship label OK today got email 178.00 buncgph of ,3.09-9.00 items and a 149.99 labor I whined got dispute one thing drones bareilly ,6-7 months old and no problems till firmware update hopefully they will treat me better

Well sure hope they don't tell you moisture in the drone.  
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans0753107d Posted at 2017-2-3 17:14

Could you happen to provide the RMA number for this repair?
2017-2-3
Use props
SuperQuadFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46312 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-3 22:21
Could you happen to provide the RMA number for this repair?

Cas-425598-h9t5t0
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I have given your information to the Repair team and they'll follow up with you soon.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules