688 2 2017-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Switzerland

Dear all,
Finally got my mavic and did my first flight. All good.

I have a few Uber basic questions:
- there is a bazillion of settings in the DJI app: camera settings, gimbal settings, etc etc etc. does the remote and mavic need to be turned on and connected in order for it to store and save those settings, or can I play around with the app without remote and drone connected (with settings being then saved obviously).
- i like ti leave gimbal clamp on until take off time, is it safe to play around with settings etc while keeping the clamp on, or am i risking to damage the gimbal engine?
- how does the mavic deal with altitude and terrain level? Right now I am in the mountains, does the mavic automatically adjust for terrain level or does it "simply" keep the same absolute altitude? How can the mavic know terrain altitude?
- lets say you are planning a trip in a remote country, where you won't have wifi or cellular. How do you go about maps? Is it sufficient to enter the app, position the map over the region, let it load and then "that's it"?

Thanks to all.

Vanni
2017-1-28
Use props
JaseUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

- i like ti leave gimbal clamp on until take off time, is it safe to play around with settings etc while keeping the clamp on, or am i risking to damage the gimbal engine?

You're supposed to remove the clamp before turning the Mavic on otherwise it stops the automatic calibration and would eventually I guess risk damaging it.
2017-1-28
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

- DJI GO 4 settings get stored in the Mavic, so it needs to be on to SAVE.

- Always remove the gimbal cover & clamp before you turn it on.  The cover will inhibit cooling if left on & the clamp will simply FUBAR your gimbal.

- Mavic will detect AGL below 30 meters using the cameras looking downward.  It will not hold an absolute AGL.

- DJI GO 4 now uses HERE Maps.  It sucks & provides ZERO info or help whilst you're operating your drone.  So caching the maps is pointless, sorry.  If you have a rooted Android device, you can circumvent HERE.
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules