Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo panning in a car
756 1 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azzgrip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290371 ft
Australia

i am seeking some help
I have bought an x5 osmo to do some shots of a driver in a car with the osmo mount attached tio the windscreen
The problem is once I have set the frame when the car turns a corner the osmo moves slightly side to side
I know this is the smooth track and have all settings maxed out to help rid this unwanted panning movement
I also have an x3 and the latest firmware has a scene mode where you can select sport mode and this almost fixes the problem though not quite but the x5 doesnt seem to have this function in the app and I have the latest versions all round
please can any one help with this as it would be a great camera if I can achieve this shot
thanks
Aron
2017-1-29
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

This is because the Osmo uses a accelerometer to control it's movements. If you imagine a tennis ball hanging from a string that is how the Osmo will react. When walking it will just hang straight down, when moving fast and turning a corner the tennis ball will swing out to the side. There was a video on here looking out the side of a helicopter and it's all on a slant for the same reason. Your best bet is to make the dead zone larger so it takes more force before the Osmo tries to correct it.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules