Why is DJI not releasing any new Osmo firmware updates?
1791 12 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf3a05305
lvl.1

Tanzania

DJI released the Osmo+ a few weeks after I bought my Osmo!!! And the public has never been informed of the new Osmo+ coming out!!!
Now and since the Osmo+ is out these Chinese Crooks have completely forgoten about us the Osmo Owners!!!

Not a single firmware has been released for Osmo since end of September 2016, whilst since end of September 3 firmware have been released for Osmo+

NOW I WANT TO KNOW IF DJI IS INTENDING TO RELEASE FURTHER FIRMWARE UPDATES FOR OSMO???

I REALLY FEEL CHEATED AND IT IS MOST PROBABLY THE LAST TIME I AM BUYING ANYTHING FROM DJI!!!

Aaaarrrggghh... {:4_157:} {:4_154:}

Regards from a cheated DJI customer!!!
2017-1-29
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Carrying on like that is not going to get you anywhere, if you don't like the product you bought sell it!
What FW upgrades do you need for your osmo? is it having problems or....
Seems like you are just carrying on because there is no FW updates....why?
Just sell it and buy the Osmo + .
2017-1-29
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You have to adopt a certain Zen-like calm and realize that the Osmo was, and is, a 'work-in-progress'.

Any problems that we know about today would probably have been fixed by now -- over a year after its launch -- if they were fixable with the current hardware.

Personally, I've come to terms with its shortcomings and will use it just in situations where a certain level of movement by the camera is necessary.

I'm sure that Osmo v2 or Osmo v3 will be better. However, even then I'd hold off for a while until this forum has pointed out all the bugs -- and they get fixed  

BTW. It's interesting to read Osmo+ users complaining about problems that were fixed in the original Osmo (e.g. video-audio sync).

2017-1-30
Use props
fansf3a05305
lvl.1

Tanzania

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-1-29 17:46
Carrying on like that is not going to get you anywhere, if you don't like the product you bought sell it!

Easy to say, m0r0n! I live in East Africa do you think it is that easy, yes right I can walk in any DJI retailer shop just round the corner! FYI there is not a single DJI shop in East Africa and furthermore DJI is not shipping in our part of the World!
2017-2-10
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf3a05305 Posted at 2017-2-10 07:33
Easy to say, m0r0n! I live in East Africa do you think it is that easy, yes right I can walk in any DJI retailer shop just round the corner! FYI there is not a single DJI shop in East Africa and furthermore DJI is not shipping in our part of the World!

Based on your response, I'm guessing it may be related to Karma?  The original OSMO is likely dead.  I wouldn't expect much changes for it.
2017-2-10
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

fansf3a05305 Posted at 2017-2-10 07:33

As said in post 5 probably not many more FW updates coming out for the original osmo, why do you need a FW update?, do you have problems with it?
You say they don't deliver there but you have a osmo already, just use Your US address again and forward  it to Tanzania, its not that hard!
2017-2-10
Use props
frypan
lvl.3
Australia

Look at the Osmo+ release notes for the firmware, they mostly relate to issues with focus on the Osmo+, there's no new features the original Osmo is missing out on.

Your post is childish and wrong.  I prefer the original fixed lens Osmo. I don't want zoom or focus to worry about, that would be annoying. And it has better compatibility with panorama apps in the play store, and will never have focusing issues.

2017-2-10
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your colorful and highlighted text is embarrassing.
2017-2-18
Use props
Jc Vera
New

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-1-29 17:46

i need your help...I can't post my problem because I'm new around here. How can I post my problem?
2017-2-18
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Jc Vera Posted at 2017-2-18 22:13
i need your help...I can't post my problem because I'm new around here. How can I post my problem?

Hi, looks like you sorted out how to post, we will just keep to that thread. (New Osmo Handle is not working with X3 camera)  
2017-2-18
Use props
fans90c13814
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're the same guy who posted the very colourful message entitled JUST BOUGHT AN OSMO AND NOT EVEN 3 WEEKS LATER OSMO+ IS RELEASED?!?!
2017-2-19
Use props
fans90c13814
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're the same person who a little while ago posted the very colourful
JUST BOUGHT AN OSMO AND NOT EVEN 3 WEEKS LATER OSMO+ IS RELEASED?!?!

Can't you just type your message instead of searching for every imaginable colour and smiley face type thing? You are an embarrassment to yourself
2017-2-19
Use props
RoomierPanda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187595 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't get over the fact that he's mad about DJI not releasing software updates for problems that don't exist.
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules