Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 GPS Position which one?
3603 8 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

My assistent2 shows the GPS position of: x(0) y(-118) z(-230) The older info for single position shows:x(0) y(-130) z (-230) Which is correct? Or does it matter? Also if I wanted to put 1 addional GPS on to the opposite side; what would the values be?

13614971_1117756464949961_4525399911474681710_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 10.07.04 AM.png
2017-1-29
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
We spoke about this in an earlier thread and the mounting guide is showing the wrong Y numbers for position 1, mine came fitted at -118 Y, and it measures that too, its time to get the ruler out.
All Z, measurements are taken from 26mm below the centre frame, this is confusing, firstly if the datum is 26mm below any point surly it would be a positive number? Secondly what is defined as the "centre frame".  Using reverse logic I measure 230mm from the top of the gps which is about 26mm below the top gps mounting plate. Assuming this is correct all Z, measurements should be measured from the top plate plus 26mm but written in the assistant2 as (-) then the number (Z only) ,,,,who makes this stuff up.
Your gps viewed horizontal is 200 from the underside mounting plate to the top plate, plus 26=226, 4mm off the factory setting, so in the ball park. A second gps and IMU, would go anywhere on the top plate as long as you added the location in space/on the craft. The location is of the gps is used to fix where the gps antenna is in space, however the accuracy of the gps can be plus or minus 200mm at best so maybe it is of no importance especially as the barometer is the key sensor in landing, ie how far off the ground.
It is probably utterly pointless asking why its setup this way because there is too much disconnect between the forum admins and the design team, we should just use our logic to pinpoint theres so we might better understand.
NB, I think there is a glitch in assistant2 Mac, because if you press the craft type button it resets the 2nd gps and Imu location and when you put in the 118mm it is outside the craft which would be consistent with the new pro M600 having a smaller top plate, click the m600 button again and it resets but will take the 118mm location this might be coincidence.
I hope this gets more input.
ricci
i gps location.jpg
2017-1-29
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Ours dropped the GPS/IMU locations with the firmware upgrades as well.
2017-1-30
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-1-29 10:45
Hi,
We spoke about this in an earlier thread and the mounting guide is showing the wrong Y numbers for position 1, mine came fitted at -118 Y, and it measures that too, its time to get the ruler out.
All Z, measurements are taken from 26mm below the centre frame, this is confusing, firstly if the datum is 26mm below any point surly it would be a positive number? Secondly what is defined as the "centre frame".  Using reverse logic I measure 230mm from the top of the gps which is about 26mm below the top gps mounting plate. Assuming this is correct all Z, measurements should be measured from the top plate plus 26mm but written in the assistant2 as (-) then the number (Z only) ,,,,who makes this stuff up.

Ricci I set this up with the same positions as yours and turned on the bird with assistant2. It now tells me there is a firmware update. (which is already install) and the other gps's are not highlighted. Not allowing me to do positions. Any ideas?
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bobo Posted at 2017-2-4 07:53
Ricci I set this up with the same positions as yours and turned on the bird with assistant2. It now tells me there is a firmware update. (which is already install) and the other gas's are not highlighted. Not allowing me to do positions. Any ideas?

Just to make sure I'm clear, restting hasn't helped?
2017-2-4
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The IMU/GPS unit I was installing first needed to be firmware updated to the birds firmware. After update the assistant 2 recognized the new GPS/IMU and was able to set the positions. After bird restart I did a compass calibration and all is well.
2017-2-4
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

bobo Posted at 2017-2-4 16:54
The IMU/GPS unit I was installing first needed to be firmware updated to the birds firmware. After update the assistant 2 recognized the new GPS/IMU and was able to set the positions. After bird restart I did a compass calibration and all is well.

Hi BoBo,
Glad you figured it out, understanding the complex mechanisms that make these craft function is no mean feat of reverse logic. My only wish is that DJI acknowledge the resourcefulness and intelligence of the users and decimate more written information. It could be argued that if the craft was faultless why would you what information! I do think DJI are pushing the boundaries of this once hobby and now flying enterprise; however so are the users and this should be acknowledged without compromising the business strategy somehow......
Happy you're flying again :-)

ricci
2017-2-4
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well said ricci2, A Note letting users know that in order for assistant2 software to recognize the new GPS/IMU mod's, the firmware of the bird and the modules must be the same. After installation the assistant2 will inform user to update firmware. That's to match the system. After update and reboot, Assistant2 will recognize the GPS/IMU and you would be able to install the positions. Also a note that GPS calibration must be accomplished after installation. These finds should be made aware to all though some sort of amendment to the installation or manual or revision. Saves a lot of time over trail and error.
2017-2-5
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

I've measured with a ruler the GPS1 position and set in DJI Assistant2 the values: X: 0 Y: -120 Z: -230

Koos
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules