Failed FW update - unable to recover
754 2 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HMTs4QFACWc5
lvl.1

United States

I was performing a FW update on my Osmo Mobile via the iPhone application. It failed, and now the Osmo is in a non-functional state with a solid red LED. The device can be detected on USB, so I'm trying to recover it with the Assistant application on my Mac (10.12.2). However, before I can run the update it wants me to log in but no matter what I do I'm not able to log in. It tells me "Incorrect Email or Password" even though I can log in on the website fine. I've also tried changing my password with no luck (password change successful, but still can't log into the assistant app).

So now I'm stuck and my HW is bricked because of a log in requirement that's not working. I put in a support ticket on January 21st (403776) but haven't heard back.

Any ideas?
2017-1-29
Use props
HMTs4QFACWc5
lvl.1

United States

Update: Tried on my wife's Mac (same exact HW) and it's working fine. Great software :/
2017-1-29
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.2
United States

Same exact thing just happened while I did a firmware update on a second mobile. It failed / email password error which was strange (assumed I just typed a wrong key). Unplug > Power off - remove battery > reassemble try again x2 > finally worked (unsure if I need to login as that was the only difference when I got the standalone firmware app to complete the update).

Just glad it didn't brick too.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules