Help! Possible Post Water Damage..Is this Normal?
1091 10 2017-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trekz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

The p4p survived a short rain and hail storm, but the R/C might have taken some water damage. Can you please check the video and let me know if that "clicking" noise is normal? I've tested it out and the footage is still unaffected by the rain/hail, but I just need to make sure. If there's any maintence, can you please recommend what I need to do to keep that gimbal smooth? Going back to the R/C, the screen often disconnects, screen tears, or a green screen happens out of nowhere. It's an on and off thing. Please see the two unlisted videos posted to see what I mean. I'm thinking the usb port got affected by the water. I run a dual screen setup, and the hmdi output works smooth, but the usb connected iphone gave me green screens and connection issues. Even after the iphone 6 disconnected, the hdmi still ran, so I'm thinking it's only the usb port. Hopefully it's just that, but can someone please give me advice? I tested this on two iphones: one iphone 6 that was water damaged from the rain/hail storm and another iphone 6, yet both gave similar results. I also switched out the lightning cables, and the problem is still there. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated!

"Clicking Camera"

"R/C Green Screen/ Disconnect"

2017-1-29
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

1. for the clicking, maybe check the ribbon cable to see if it is rubbing on the gimbal
2. for possible water prob, maybe try a little low pressure air into all of your ports on the controller.
what kind of holder do you have for your HDMI monitor ?  really cool set up !
2017-1-29
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2017-1-29 15:23
1. for the clicking, maybe check the ribbon cable to see if it is rubbing on the gimbal
2. for possible water prob, maybe try a little low pressure air into all of your ports on the controller.
what kind of holder do you have for your HDMI monitor ?  really cool set up !

It's a custom fitted " instamorph " setup. I bought a hd900 tablet, but it didn't run dji go well, so I used it as an HDMI screen instead. Thanks for the input; I'll check it out!

Instamorph: https://www.instamorph.com/
Here's a a quick 360:
2017-1-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I can probably help you with the green screen problem, get out of the car. Sitting inside a tin box and trying to control a model via radio is not going to work properly.
2017-1-29
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

The red and blue coloring is making the signal break up. I kid, I kid  :-)
2017-1-29
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-29 16:43
I can probably help you with the green screen problem, get out of the car. Sitting inside a tin box and trying to control a model via radio is not going to work properly.

Thanks, but the HDMI output was nearly flawless, whereas the phone kept getting disconnected, or it was just problematic.
2017-1-29
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

The clicking is your ribbon cable going into side of camera. Some are worse then others some have ribbon cable touch during initialization (towards back of gimble and that just makes it go up and down forever) fortunately I don't have that but I have the same little click like I said it is the ribbon cable going into the side I don't think you can really do anything about it because this space is very tiny and you can't really move the ribbon cable it doesn't affect flight or the camera for me though
2017-1-30
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Trekz,

Take at look at this & see if anything in it might help sort your issue, seems similar.
Another one here:

2017-1-30
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-1-30 06:44
Trekz,

Take at look at this video & see if anything in it might help sort your issue, seems similar.

Thank you^ According to the second video, it's not a long term problem, so I don't think it's something to stress about.
2017-1-30
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Does anyone else get that green screen?
2017-1-31
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4