Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Guide: how to report a flight problem.
4346 11 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
madispuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133957 ft
Estonia

I see many people reporting their flight problems with DJI Mavic Pro just by typing what happened. Usually they miss some information that might be useful (I have done it too). Most of the problems are not bugs in the software or hardware, but simple operator mistakes. DJI has build a wonderful playback functionality into DJI GO app. I suggest to pin a short guide how to export playback screen recording for the flight you want to report.
DJI looks too busy to investigate everyones problems personally. This forum has many users who are experienced with quad-copters and are able to give useful advice.

I try to name all the steps to get a video playback out from the phone. Thanks to forum user Dronoob who helped me!

To see the playback on your phone:

• Start the DJI Go 4 app on your phone
  • In the bottom left corner there is a compass icon with thet text "disconnected" below. Tap on the compass icon. Sometimes you are already in the flight mode when opening the app - then you can click on the DJI sign on top left to get to the main page.
  • Pull up the "Flight list" slider from the bottom. You will see your flight history with the latest flight on top.
  • Pick the flight with the troubles.
  • Click the remote controller icon on the bottom to show how you were using the joysticks.

To record the playback with OSX and iPhone:
  • Connect your iPhone to your Mac with USB.
  • Open QuickTime player.
  • Select File -> New Movie Recording
  • There is a small down arrow next to the recording button. Click on it and select you iPhone. Your iPhone screen should appear on your Mac display.
  • Click record button and start playback on your phone. Stop recording when playback has finished and save the recording.
  • Upload to youtube and share the link.

If you have steps to record playback with other operating systems, feel free to help me and I will update this topic.

Sample playback:

2017-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for the info, good post. Good luck..
2017-1-30
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

This was necessary! Good job!
2017-1-30
Use props
FlashGJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

Thanks for the tip on how to record using Quicktime!
2017-1-30
Use props
fansc2962bbc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Great info. Thanks. With all the problem with the Mavic , this will com in handy.
2017-1-31
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Awesome tips, thanks for sharing -- somehow missed the flight record map and playback view.
2017-1-31
Use props
Grimani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2595 ft
United States

On PC, this worked well for me: https://acethinker.com/iphone-screen-recorder
2017-2-5
Use props
VAS67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

For IOS and PC users this works well too, works without cables you just Airplay direct to PC and record.

http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/
2017-2-5
Use props
Katsumoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Austria

Do anybody know HOW to export playback flight-record  WITHOUT a MAC ???
I use my Mavic with iPadMini2 and i´m very disappointed because i have only a WindowsPC.....
That damn iPad drives me crazy..... your are not allowed to do anything with that damn expensive piece of...

2017-2-11
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Katsumoto Posted at 2017-2-11 06:26
Do anybody know HOW to export playback flight-record  WITHOUT a MAC ???
I use my Mavic with iPadMini2 and i´m very disappointed because i have only a WindowsPC.....
That damn iPad drives me crazy..... your are not allowed to do anything with that damn expensive piece of...

I've heard that you can screen-record directly on an IOS device by using the Airshou app. It's not allowed on the App Store, so you need to install it differently. I think if you visit their site using Safari on your IOS device, you can download and install the app.

Note that I don't own an IOS device myself, so I haven't tried this technique or this app personally.
2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

This is a very useful post, and I'd like to add a few extra bits of advice:

If you have an Android device, you can screen-record using several apps available in the app store. I personally use AZ Screen Recorder, and I'm quite happy with it.

I actually screen-record every time I fly my Mavic. Not only is it a good thing to have in case something goes wrong in a flight, but it can also be useful for catching something on video when you weren't actually recording on the Mavic at the time.

For pulling additional useful data from a flight, both HealthyDrones and Phantom Help provide tools for extracting data from your flight logs:

Basic guide for uploading to HealthyDrones: http://healthydrones.com/main?a=upload

For Phantom Help: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-2-26
Use props
mpweb
New

India

Thanks for this guide. Our official blog also provides these types of guides. Visit https://trendinwire.com
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules