Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 beeping and "Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data...
3720 16 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mil3sdavis
New

United States

I purchased a Factory Reconditioned Phantom 4 last week. The first time I turned it on, it just started beeping and I received a "Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data" error, but did recieve a video feed. I rebooted it and recieved the same error with a different beeping sound.

I have tried to refresh/downgrade/upgrade the firmware several times on multiple computers using DJI Assistant 2... fails everytime.
I have reformatted the SD card (both through the DJI Go app and on Windows10 as exFat....full format, not quickformat) and attemped a firmware update... failed. (I have also tried a different SD card)
I have attempted to calibrate the IMU and gimbal.... Gimbal appears to work,  IMU calbration never finishes (or even acts like it is doing anything, I let it sit for 30 minutes)
I don't always recieve the same Beeping tone.... sometimes it is fast, sometimes it is slow
If I connect the Phantom to my iPhone or iPad via the OTG cable, the device never recognizes it.

The only thing I have control of is moving the camera up and down.
I don't always recieve the Gimbal error, but I do always get some sort of annoying beeping from the Phantom.

Any suggestions??

2017-1-30
Use props
mil3sdavis
New

United States

additionally, I noticed when attempting to show a coworker a video of the beeping today that whenever the Phantom 4 is turned on when I am recording video on my iPhone 7, I get severe audio interference.
2017-1-30
Use props
mil3sdavis
New

United States

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-30 11:20
additionally, I noticed when attempting to show a coworker a video of the beeping today that whenever the Phantom 4 is turned on when I am recording video on my iPhone 7, I get severe audio interference.

video of the beeping and audio interference:
2017-1-30
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you run the most resent DJI A2 program 1.09 and run in administrator mode on the PC?
DJI Assistant 2 v1.0.9

Open a ticket with DJI Support and it most likely it will need to be sent to the DJI shop in California.

Sorry don't have anymore ideas

Rich

2017-1-30
Use props
mil3sdavis
New

United States

It seems to be working now, No idea what I did. I tried to update it from a 4th computer (MacBook Pro).... it rebooted during the update, but the Assistant software said it failed....
I rebooted it and connected the controller..... the DJI Go app said that it was in the middle of an update, so I just let it sit for a while and eventually it rebooted again and the red and green lights came on (which has never happened before). It then prompted me to update the controller, and finally it let me register it.

I am now able to calibrate the gimbal, IMU and compass....
It's not picking up GPS though.... but I haven't really tried letting it sit outside to see what happens, it is now too dark to fly. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
2017-1-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-30 11:20

The interference is perfectly normal, it is the sound of the ultrasonic sensors under the aircraft, part of the VPS system. They are outside of the audio range of the human ear, but the iPhone camera can easily hear them.
2017-1-30
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-30 15:44
It seems to be working now, No idea what I did. I tried to update it from a 4th computer (MacBook Pro).... it rebooted during the update, but the Assistant software said it failed....
I rebooted it and connected the controller..... the DJI Go app said that it was in the middle of an update, so I just let it sit for a while and eventually it rebooted again and the red and green lights came on (which has never happened before). It then prompted me to update the controller, and finally it let me register it.

Hi, hope its working correctly now for you, did you maybe change the battery? you wont normally get any gps signal inside.
Do all your calibrations before you fly it for the first time, and make sure they all pass/successful.
2017-1-30
Use props
mil3sdavis
New

United States

nope... same battery... Honestly I have no idea why it started to work.
2017-1-30
Use props
mil3sdavis
New

United States

oops... double post
2017-1-30
Use props
Lethal
First Officer
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-30 15:44

Being inside will stop the GPS function most times - try outside and I think you will find it works fine - good luck!
2017-1-30
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-30 16:57
nope... same battery... Honestly I have no idea why it started to work.

Make sure you update the batteries too and read the manual.
2017-1-30
Use props
mil3sdavis
New

United States

Took it outside today... still not picking up GPS. I let it sit in my back yard for about 20 minutes and the status bar read "Beginner Mode Cannot Takeoff (No GPS) the entire time.....sigh....
2017-1-31
Use props
mil3sdavis
New

United States

Called DJI support last night. They are going to replace it....
2017-2-1
Use props
kyriakos
lvl.1
Greece

I Have the same problem. My Dji Phantom 4 beeping always.
By my computer I have not the option to upgrade my Phantom.
I tried by another computer to upgrade it.
Downloads the file but gives the message UPGRADE FAILED (V02.00.0106).
Any idea?
2017-11-26
Use props
fans7337379a
New

Egypt

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-30 11:25
video of the beeping and audio interference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrBNo-R9Kc8

i have same the problem
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kyriakos Posted at 2017-11-26 14:16
I Have the same problem. My Dji Phantom 4 beeping always.
By my computer I have not the option to upgrade my Phantom.
I tried by another computer to upgrade it.

Sorry for the late response as I just read this post. May I know what's the current status? Is there any error code when the upgrade failed? If the issue remains after several attempts, I'm sorry that you may have to send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I've read your new post and replied there: https://forum.dji.com/thread-144887-1-1.html please keep us posted, thanks!
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules