Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery automatically switches on after fully charged
1222 11 2017-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KacperK
New

Netherlands

Does anyone have the same problem or might know how to fix this? After it's fully charged all leds start to light up and the battery switches itself on.I didn't have any crashes although I have to admit that this problem occurs after I used the battery down to 8%.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kacper

2017-1-30
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure it is designed to do that to prevent overcharge. My battery does it and i have only used it 3 times will within the specifications. Hope this helps!
2017-1-30
Use props
KacperK
New

Netherlands

Thanks for your reply but the strange thing is that the battery didn't do this at first. When I first got the battery the leds just stopped blinking and the battery didn't switch itself on after a full charge.
2017-1-30
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.1
United States

I do believe they turn off after a certain amount of time. Is it possible that you left it on the charger for a little while after it was done charging?
2017-1-30
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.1
United States

You could ask an admin to confirm that, but I don't think it is anything to worry about!
2017-1-30
Use props
KacperK
New

Netherlands

I always keep the battery on the charger for a while after it's finished. Before all leds switched off (and they stayed off, even after an hour). Now they immediately switch on after succesful charging. But thanks for the advise, I'll ask an admin
2017-1-31
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

If you read on the battery, you can turn the battery on or off just like you power up the AC.  Don't have my mavic anymore for the moment, so cant test if you can actually do that with the battery also. But you are not the first to report this.
2017-1-31
Use props
KacperK
New

Netherlands

I know I can turn it off after a full charge but still it's strange that the battery is switched off at the beginning of a charge ( I double checked) and then switches itself on.
2017-1-31
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KacperK Posted at 2017-1-31 10:26
I know I can turn it off after a full charge but still it's strange that the battery is switched off at the beginning of a charge ( I double checked) and then switches itself on.

It should NOT do that. When the battery is fully charged and even if you leave it in the charging hub there should be NO LIGHT. I left mine on for couple of hours after being fully charged in the charging hub and there were never any light on the battery. So keep an eye on that battery.

You can discharge it and then charge it back and see if it reset itself.
2017-1-31
Use props
KacperK
New

Netherlands

Thx for your reply. In the meanwhile I had contact with the DJI support. Very friendly people. They want me to send it back to DJI
2017-1-31
Use props
TekSone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124226 ft
  • >>>
United States

KacperK Posted at 2017-1-31 12:48
Thx for your reply. In the meanwhile I had contact with the DJI support. Very friendly people. They want me to send it back to DJI

I am having this exact issue. I thought maybe I did not turn off battery. I started charging the battery and looked at it a little later, all 4 light were on. I took it off of the charger and the lights stayed on, I thought maybe it froze.  I put it on the mavic and the mavic started right up. Not good. I pushed the button and sure enough it went off. Turned battery on and read the battery info in DJI Go 4. Turned off the battery, put it back on the charger, lights started blinking, I watched it like a hawk, after 5 minutes all 4 lights were stayed on. Took battery off of the charger and powered it down again. Gonna give DJI a call, I just ordered it 12 days ago, haven't used this battery yet.
2017-4-22
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Read this https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=84995&page=3&mobile=2#pid698476
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules