inspire 1 Pro Stock
1712 18 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone at DJI got any idea when the Inspire 1 Pro will be back in stock?
2017-2-1
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

try seeing if a store called Moto-house on ebay have them in stock. I got mine off them and i thought they were very good.
2017-2-1
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mike9129 Posted at 2017-2-1 16:31
try seeing if a store called Moto-house on ebay have them in stock. I got mine off them and i thought they were very good.

Cheers Mike
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I can double check, but there is a high probability that the combo would be sold out indefinitely due to the introduction of the I2's X5S. As Mike mentioned, there are dealers that still have them in stock.
2017-2-2
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-2 10:45
I can double check, but there is a high probability that the combo would be sold out indefinitely due to the introduction of the I2's X5S. As Mike mentioned, there are dealers that still have them in stock.

Cheers Jamie. My supplier managed to find me one this afternoon Does this mean the Inspire 1 is being discontinued?
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-2 12:08
Cheers Jamie. My supplier managed to find me one this afternoon  Does this mean the Inspire 1 is being discontinued?

Technically when the new iteration of the series comes out, the older version becomes discontinued. The support of the Inspire 1 series will still be available as there will still be plently of parts available for repairs for some time.
2017-2-2
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-2 13:32
Technically when the new iteration of the series comes out, the older version becomes discontinued. The support of the Inspire 1 series will still be available as there will still be plently of parts available for repairs for some time.

That's good to hear.  Even though I expected it to be discontinued I couldn't justify the £6K+ for the I2. I've just got my UK CAA approval so need to get more work first! Is the TB48 discontinued?
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-2 14:09
That's good to hear.  Even though I expected it to be discontinued I couldn't justify the £6K+ for the I2. I've just got my UK CAA approval so need to get more work first! Is the TB48 discontinued?

From what I understand that they are discontinued in the same sense that the TB47s are, though the latest in LiPo battery shipping regulation in some areas has made it difficult for the TB48 to be shipped from the DJI Website. I know the UK, Australia and other regions have had the TB48 removed from the Store page, but it hasn't affected places like the U.S. Dealers still have them, so you still have the ability to get them.
2017-2-2
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-2 14:41
From what I understand that they are discontinued in the same sense that the TB47s are, though the latest in LiPo battery shipping regulation in some areas has made it difficult for the TB48 to be shipped from the DJI Website. I know the UK, Australia and other regions have had the TB48 removed from the Store page, but it hasn't affected places like the U.S. Dealers still have them, so you still have the ability to get them.

Thanks for the heads up Jamie. I've found a supplier in the UK with some, I'll get stocked up with a handful!
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-3 00:41
Thanks for the heads up Jamie. I've found a supplier in the UK with some, I'll get stocked up with a handful!

Good to hear!
2017-2-3
Use props
fans339492ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176053 ft
United Kingdom

if dji discontinue the inspire 1 over the inspire 2 then they are mad! They will leave a void for some other company to fill and take a customer they could have supplied with ease. The inspire is still years a head of the competition and the inspire 2 is for serious pros who earn a living from photos and videos. why would they stop making a perfectly good drone for something that is double the price? even apple still make older products as not everyone can afford their latest phone, hence they keep a valued customer who stays with the brand, come on dji keep it real!!
2017-2-3
Use props
canadagoose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80499 ft
Canada

My dealer said they were not producing them anymore
2017-2-4
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans339492ca Posted at 2017-2-3 12:54
if dji discontinue the inspire 1 over the inspire 2 then they are mad! They will leave a void for some other company to fill and take a customer they could have supplied with ease. The inspire is still years a head of the competition and the inspire 2 is for serious pros who earn a living from photos and videos. why would they stop making a perfectly good drone for something that is double the price? even apple still make older products as not everyone can afford their latest phone, hence they keep a valued customer who stays with the brand, come on dji keep it real!!

You're possibly correct, especially for new start-ups, but in terms of business the cost probably isn't that great? A professional photographer (non aerial) is likely to have over £10ks worth of camera equipment anyway (I certainly have).

How I see it it, the cost of the Inspire 2 may prohibit advanced amateurs from buying in?
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans339492ca Posted at 2017-2-3 12:54

The Inspire 1 has had a very long run. A progression in the series is inevitable. The Inspire 1 is a great aircraft, and like I said before, there will still be plenty of after-sales support for some time.
2017-2-7
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine just shipped from a vendor in CT that I found on eBay, he oversold when I placed my order and new stock took a week to arrive.
2017-2-17
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-2-17 22:42
Mine just shipped from a vendor in CT that I found on eBay, he oversold when I placed my order and new stock took a week to arrive.

Moto-House is the store I got mine from, they might still have as mine was from a shipment that had just cleared customs, it's also possible that whole shipment had already been spoken for , as I said before when I ordered mine from them they had oversold. They have (had) a sweet deal
2017-2-18
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-7 21:33
The Inspire 1 has had a very long run. A progression in the series is inevitable. The Inspire 1 is a great aircraft, and like I said before, there will still be plenty of after-sales support for some time.

Given the number of Inspire 1 owners, why would DJI stop making batteries for the Inspire 1? I can understand other parts, but batteries. You cannot fly without batteries. Since I have only had my Inspire for a few months, if I find that in a year or so that there are no batteries, or they are hard to find, This will be my only DJI purchase.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-3-15 19:26
Given the number of Inspire 1 owners, why would DJI stop making batteries for the Inspire 1? I can understand other parts, but batteries. You cannot fly without batteries. Since I have only had my Inspire for a few months, if I find that in a year or so that there are no batteries, or they are hard to find, This will be my only DJI purchase.

The same can be asked for anyone who has an older Phantom model, but that's unfortunately just what happens when newer models come out. It happens with most other companies as well. You can still go the dealer route should separate TB47s and TB48s are no longer available on the DJI Website in your hypothetical year.
2017-3-15
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

I disagree. I am still able to use my PC with XP on it. Auto makers don't stop making parts for cars. I never buy a new tv until the one I have dies. Same thing can be said for appliances, A/C units, car stereos. Really, the list is endless, unless we are talking Apple or DJI, I guess. Will see how long batteries are available. Like a previous poster said, DJI will be leaving a hole in the market, because the I2 is too expensive, and the Inspire 1 is better than the Phantom. I don't expect DJI to support a product forever, but to still have Inspire 1's out there yet to be sold, parts, and batteries should be available for at least another 5 years.
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules