Australia

Does anyone have the V2 red props yet?
2017-2-2
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

Yup. Ordered/received a set from heliguy.com, and also DJI are shipping back 'replacement' red props
2017-2-2
Use props
visionrouge.net
Second Officer
Hong Kong

May I ask what the Red pro are bringing to the game?
2017-2-3
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaveDotNet Posted at 2017-2-2 12:09
Yup. Ordered/received a set from heliguy.com, and also DJI are shipping back 'replacement' red props

Have you tried them yet??
2017-2-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

visionrouge.net Posted at 2017-2-3 01:25
May I ask what the Red pro are bringing to the game?

I don't understand your question?
2017-2-3
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-2-3 01:32

Hi Arrow,

No DJI resolve with the red prop issue.

But I have gone to my local drone shop and gone through all the prop sets that he had (6 sets in total) 3 of the sets both white and red version 2 props (which I tested & then bought, the other 3 sets had white version 2 and red version 1) which I DID NOT BUY *** I wonder why?
2017-2-3
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-2-3 01:32

Yes. Sorry, I replied in another thread (so many red prop threads ). The outcome was, that with V2 and the foam, the front red prop still has play in it, but the foam prevents the rattling. I've flown with them and I'm happy. My replacement DJI red props are on their back via UPS so I'm curious as to what they've replaced the V1 red props with. It's been two weeks of UK->Netherlands->UK
2017-2-3
Use props
daev1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've experienced the same problem after running off a couple sets of batteries. I've ordered 2 sets from DSLR Pros and 2 sets from B&H Photo due this week. Still I'll call DJI and ask for replacement parts. When I got the Inspire 1 DJI replaced all the props and everyone was issued them through the place of purchase.
2017-3-6
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Hi Guys,

I now have so many RED props and get a variety of success but in most cases only about 50% make a good fit.

From my experimentation you also need to replace the "goal" post retaining clips. I now have 5 sets of the red ones and again get varying results with all my prop sets.

BUT if you use the "white" ones to replace the "RED" ones i now get 100% success with all my RED props with no foam inserts fitted.

In fact they are all as stiff as the white props but after a few flights become a nice "click" when the prop is fitted very much like the white ones are at first.

BUT you need to scratch off the white marking and use some red paint (courtesy of my wife nail varnish)   

Don't forget the Loctite on the screws and ensure you screw each one down a little each side until they are firm.

I now have cycled through every red prop i have been given and all 100% okay.

I think this indicates where the problem is and I have told DJI my findings.

2017-3-6
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - I have had much the same experience. UK Dealer Heliguy were quick to provide replacement RED props (with foam inserts) but they were no better than the original ones. Heliguy quickly identified the source of the problem with the prop fixings and are sending me another new set of Red props along with a new set of prop fixings. Great support from Heliguy!
Allan
2017-3-7
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The package of replacement props and quick-lock connectors arrived earlier today.
I started by installing one of the two new Red quick-locks which worked perfectly – giving a nice firm fit with no play.
On the strength of this success I installed the second new Red quick-lock, which while giving a small improvement, still resulted in excessive play in the prop.
I then carefully examined the components of the quick-locks and found the problem to be with the Red outer locking ring - exactly as suggested above.
I proceeded to use the Red inner post with one of the White outer locking rings and found this to be a perfect solution.
Now ALL the Red props fit correctly – including the original set with no foam insert.
The problem is clearly with the Red outer locking rings, not the propellers.
I have simply scraped the white paint marks off the outer locking rings and used them on the Red inner posts.
Just a drop of Red paint is required to complete the job!
It seems very odd to me that DJI have not figured this out – it’s a bit worrying really!
Regards.
Allan
2017-3-7
Use props
daev1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have just spoken to DJI service and they are requesting I make a video and upload it to YouTube for them to examine. They will be sending replacement props but that is not the true solution.  I have new locks coming Friday and will use the same solution from Dr Jon & allanart. Thanks Guys!

ps/ State Farm is really doing drone insurance for hobbyists only. It was $200 / year for $10,000 of coverage. No deductible. Cut off limit is 2 years from date on invoice. You need to provide receipts and serial numbers.
2017-3-7
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

daev1966 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:13
I have just spoken to DJI service and they are requesting I make a video and upload it to YouTube for them to examine. They will be sending replacement props but that is not the true solution.  I have new locks coming Friday and will use the same solution from Dr Jon & allanart. Thanks Guys!

ps/ State Farm is really doing drone insurance for hobbyists only. It was $200 / year for $10,000 of coverage. No deductible. Cut off limit is 2 years from date on invoice. You need to provide receipts and serial numbers.

and that covers full replacement....or just liability...deductible?
2017-3-10
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

So I started a repair request back in January....the moment I gotmy I2 delivered.  After two months of back and forth they told me to upload a video - so I told them to provide me with a place to upload - but they don't have the ability.  

I told them that I am fine to upload a video, but in reality I have modified my problem rings and props to balance them and make them fit better - so I couldnt make a video.  

So I just pointed out that it seems counter-productive on their end....as you are going to have me and every I2 owner with a prop issue uploading PUBLIC videos with titles like "dji I2 prop problem".  

I left it at that...thinking like with many requests with dji it would just fall through the cracks into oblivion. However, after two months, I just got a shipping notification for 4 sets of props.   
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules