Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Parts I need to identify
1157 13 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I posted earlier looking for help diagnosing a problem I have with my P3 that I crashed. This evening I finished taking apart the aircraft and found some things I need help identifying.[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]In the first pic I have a small round translucent plastic piece (A) that fell out when I opened the craft and I have no idea where it came from.
[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]The second part (B) is a button of some sort. I think this broke off the mother board in the 3rd pic where the red arrow is.
[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]In the 4th picture you can see the top of the mother board, the arrow points to where I believe this part broke off and from the opposite side.
[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]In the second photo I am curious what those 2 white parts (C&D) are. One has a grey wire and the other has a black wire, both go to the gimbal.
[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]Thanks for any help!

C.jpg
D.jpg
C D.jpg
2017-2-2
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

small round translucent plastic piece (A)
sits in the hole located in last picture near lower left of C. That is a button to link the RC to drone when you do that
Yeah it fell out and was in my battery tray when I took mine apart to replace all 3 of the cables going down to the gimble

In the second photo I am curious what those 2 white parts (C&D) are.
Those are the 2.4 GHZ antenna that connect to the camera gimble https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-2-2
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

thank you
I learned from another forum those are the wifi antennas
part B is the button that part A actuates to link the drone. how the hell am i gonna solder THAT!?
2017-2-2
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

man i feel your pain.
Had to buy one of those magnifier hoods to work on this stuff. Spent quite a bit of time reconnecting them 2.4 ghz antenna to the gimble, they must have a tool to do that cause that is not easy and so very tiny so make it really easy to mess the connectors up. My crash ripped the cable's right out of both of them and the ribbon cable so I bought what was in the link and the ribbon cable separate package.
2017-2-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

How did you knock those parts loose? They are internal, and nothing that should be touched...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-2
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-2 21:43
How did you knock those parts loose? They are internal, and nothing that should be touched...

lol well I was photographing a tall water tower when i lost signal and my rth was set lower than the tower and it collided and fell i think 175 feet.
2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

I hit this tower after losing signal and the craft fell all the way to the dirt

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s223.photobucket.com/user/stevenfrieze/media/kid_zpsw0bzy0kz.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
2017-2-3
Use props
MerlinL14
First Officer
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Ouch! Hope you get it fixed.
2017-2-3
Use props
timbo
lvl.3
United States

I would solder wires to the piece (B) and then solder those wire to the board.
2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-3 03:44
lol well I was photographing a tall water tower when i lost signal and my rth was set lower than the tower and it collided and fell i think 175 feet.

Oh no!., well, atleast it isn't a mystery, like some. ;-)

I Hope that you get it fixed and please be more careful.

Water tower resembles a watermelon. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

timbo Posted at 2017-2-3 07:13
I would solder wires to the piece (B) and then solder those wire to the board.

good idea. thanks
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-2 19:25
thank you
I learned from another forum those are the wifi antennas
part B is the button that part A actuates to link the drone. how the hell am i gonna solder THAT!?

It would be best if you sent the aircraft in for service.
2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

too late, balls deep in this repair. I have done all I can for now, just waiting for the new antenna and blades and (I think) I will be back up and flying!
Just curious though, where would I send it if I did want it serviced?
THANKS
2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.4
United States

[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s223.photobucket.com/user/stevenfrieze/media/10c_zpsjv3v3ajx.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]

here is the link button back on the mother board
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules