Tilted horizon
1766 8 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jambond54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1273064 ft
United States

I know this issue with tilted horizon goes all the way back to the phantom 3, phantom 4, and now phantom 4 pro. The only solution to this problem is, have you done a IMU calibration? Have you calibrated your compass? Have you calibrated your Gimbal? Did you do a cold IMU calibration.....etc. You know the definition for insanity, is doing the same thing over and over and over expecting a different result. Someone told me practice make perfect. Well that's not always true if you are practicing the wrong thing. I think most Phantom pilots are sick and tired  of getting the same old pat answers of how to fix the tilted horizon? Phantom 4 pilots, here is one thing I have noticed with my Phantom 4. When I calibrated my gimbal I never see itgo to 100% complete. It always says the gimbal calibration complete, hut it never shows anything pass 66%. So if says it is complete at 66% how do you know if it is 100% calbrated? So it is complete at 66% where is the other 34%. I work in a environment where gages have to be calibrated to one tenth thousands of a inch. So I know what calibration is all about. So my brothers and sisters phantom 4 pilots, if you are like Me? I'm sick and tired of the same old same old. If calibrating cold IMU, calibrating compass, calibrating gimble would fix the tilted horizon issues, we all would have perfect horizons. Some people will tell you to do the manual adjustments. Well that may be well for some, but tilted horizons still tilt after manual adjustment. The bottom line is this! We all have spent  $1000's of hard earned money and countless hours on our drones and still end up with the same tilted horizon. I was hoping to purchase more dji products, but if this is the way dji is going to conduct business with their customers who have spent $1000's on dji products and not fix this issue. It use to be extremely fun and satisfying to fly my drones, but it is sicking every time I fly to see the tilted horizon. To DJI if I wanted a Volkswagon I would have bought my drones from another company. So I bought a Cadillac from DJI, but it looks like a Volkswagon. So I know I am on my soap box, but to DJI JUST FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!

Sincerely,
        John
2017-2-2
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Hmmmm   As a newbie who has only been flying my P3S since last week I have also read about the gimble.

There are ways to adjust the gimble in the firmware.  I do fly with Yaw and am not getting gimble tilt but then again I never approach max speeds.

Sorry to hear of your tilt issue.

2017-2-2
Use props
Jambond54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1273064 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-2 19:13
Hmmmm   As a newbie who has only been flying my P3S since last week I have also read about the gimble.

There are ways to adjust the gimble in the firmware.  I do fly with Yaw and am not getting gimble tilt but then again I never approach max speeds.

Thanks for your reply. I've  done all the firmware updates and even went back to earlier  firmware updates but the problem  still exist.  I spent hours of flight time adjusting and making adjustment in the firmware and that helps some, but  the issue is still there. Try  flying at different  speeds and see if you have tilted horizons. If you still don't have  tilted  horizon  put you setting on the forum. It doesn't  seem to be as bad on the P3's. You could just be one of the lucky ones. Enjoy the journey.
2017-2-2
Use props
The_Death_Angel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134062 ft
Australia

I am also a Newbie. Can you post a pic of the tilted horizon? Would be good to compare them to my pics and see if i have the same issue. I bought my P4 approx. 3 weeks ago
2017-2-2
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

if the horizon appears consistently crooked then you can use right wheel+C2 to adjust it. but have in mind that depending to maneuvering conditions, camera tilt is an occurrence and within seconds should self adjust. i noticed that on turning camera tilts and takes a bit to recover. technology is amazing for what it promises and not for what it does actually.
2017-2-2
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, John,
Your better of sticking with you first original post on this topic, don't keep starting new ones on the same subject, anyway have you emailed dji on this horizon tilt problem? it is in the FW, but as you know you can manually adjust it like a lot of uses do, but it doesn't seem like you want to do this, so if you want it fixed I suggest you post a pic here, so the dji crew can view it. Then it will be determined if the gimbal issue maybe fixed with FW update or it has to be sent in.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please provide some images about the tilted horizon, John?
If you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it's probably a hardware issue.
2017-2-3
Use props
KeyWestPhotos
lvl.1
United States

tried to upload a photo, didn't happen. maybe next time...what a strange way to 'attach' an image.
2017-5-7
Use props
KeyWestPhotos
lvl.1
United States

i don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but over the past couple weeks, for no apparent reason, my DJI phantom 4 pro plus RC is not working well at all. lately, while flying along and clicking photos, the image zooms up close. after a little fiddling around, it will sometimes zoom back out, but then there's no flight data, distance, height, NOTHING. i've heard you can shut the RC off then back on again, but that's kinda scary to me. i've just started bringing it back home. this is not very efficient at all.

so, after searching for many wasted hours, i'm seeing people with all kinds of problems with the phantom 4 pro plus RC's and that a firmware update may help. but then, all you hear about is people 'bricking' their system after upgrading. THEN, people don't hear a peep from DJI. this is a real drag. i've just had to order another RC ($320) and will have to buy a damn ipad mini ($300+), in hopes to keep flying. at this point, my ever-growing investment is looking like a really bad one. WTF, DJI?????

2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules