Anyone have experience with I1 pro and X3 for mapping?
897 4 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canadagoose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80499 ft
Canada

Trying to find information on using the X3 for mapping.  Anyone here doing that?
2017-2-3
Use props
MarrisOtter
lvl.1

New Zealand

I kind of am.  I started with the x3 and used drone deploy and done a test.  It worked.  Not as well as my $100k fixed wing system but it worked OK for the money.  Then I decided to upgrade to the z3 and all mapping apps I tried stopped working (shuould not have sold x3 to pay for "upgrade" to z3.  I just brought an x5 and I can't seem to get that working with the inspire or the osmo handle.  So hopefully sometime soon I will get it all working and I will be mapping with the inspire in places where there is nowhere to land my fixed wing UAV.
Apps you might want to look at include - Drone deploy, Pix4Dcapture and maps made easy.  
Any specific questions about my brief experience using the x3 for surveying before I foolishly sold it?
2017-2-3
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I have used the X3 with DroneDeploy and Pix4D, it works well. What information are you looking for?

Mark G.
2017-2-4
Use props
KA Photo
New

United States

Using DroneDeploy and Map Pilot along with QGIS to work slope analysis on the DEM maps created by dronedeploy and maps made easy. Quite accurate and efficient!
2017-2-8
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I have used the X3 with Pix4D.  The main thing is to establish known temporary ground points with a survey grade GPS then it makes the end results more accurate.
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules