Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PLS READ, 10 Months+ Inexcusable Customer Service
1976 13 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tvtvarey
New

Canada

This is my last attempt to have DJI treat me with an ounce of respect after dealing with 10 months of horrendous customer support. I hope this story helps people make a more educated decision before investing in this company.

Phantom 4 purchased new from DJI has manufacture problems causing it to falsley 'sense' objects when in complete open sky, which prohibits flight motion. 2 of the three batteries had issues as well and I asked they be replaced.

26 emails later, after sending ample evidence of said problems, video proof and flight records, DJI finally tells me I can ship it for warranty. I am faced with the shipment bill. Once it arrives I'm told the repairs are several hundred dollars. I have to jump through hoops to clear that up and after several days of consistent emailing they tell me they will once again cover the bill. The drone eventually arrives in the mail - it is broken and in bits. The camera is scratched, one of the motors feels loose, there is a broken piece loose INSIDE the camera, the batteries were NOT replaced, pieces of plastic exoskeleton were broken off and in the box etc etc.

I have had 2hr phone calls in which I was hung up on while waiting to speak with a manager, not once, many times. I've tried the most useless feature they offer known as live chat. It has gotten me nowhere. I have recently been sending every other day which have go unresponded to. My longest email thread with 'Mark from DJI' was to be escalated to higher support months ago, it never happened and he has now entirely cut me off.

At first I requested the drone be replaced with the same model new, seeing as I have no faith in the repair team after such a horrible experience. I need to be confident this drone is not going to fall out of the sky at a wedding and get me sued. That is why I need a new model, not a shoddily repaired version of my already defective model. This should not be very complicated to understand. After dealing with infinite red tape, I requested instead for a return for store credit so I can go ahead and make a new purchase. At this point I want nothing to do with the company and want a full refund on the product.

I will spread this message in as many public forums as I can. Hopefully this last effort will prove beneficial.

Thank you for your time,

thom
2017-2-4
Use props
tvtvarey
New

Canada

CAS-265127-B7R2Z0 CRM:0491000000115
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really sorry for the trouble, Thom.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to escalate the case for you and find out what's going on with your case.
2017-2-4
Use props
tvtvarey
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-4 00:32
Really sorry for the trouble, Thom.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to escalate the case for you and find out what's going on with your case.

CAS-265127-B7R2Z0

CRM:0491000000115
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tvtvarey@gmail. Posted at 2017-2-4 00:38
CAS-265127-B7R2Z0

CRM:0491000000115

Thank you. I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and follow up with your case.
2017-2-4
Use props
tvtvarey
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-4 01:56
Thank you. I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and follow up with your case.

Thank you mindy, how long should this take to have my case entirely resolved? I need a working drone for an upcoming project and will need a refund on this asap to put towards it. The broken (to be clear, it was shipped to me from the repair centre in this condition - I have proof) drone has been packed waiting to be shipped for several months, I just need this refund to be confirmed.
2017-2-4
Use props
Ranze

United States

Good luck tvtvarey, Let me know where all you posted to "spread your message" to enlighten people on how crappy of a service DJI provides... I was thinking about doing the same thing. I'm also considering the Business Bureau, but they already have a crappy grade. But I'll do that too.... But let me know if you find any other forums or reports that I can support of this...... I havn't even gotten my product and I have already experienced the HORRIFYING customer service EVERYONE had warmed me about. It's definitely sad that everyone talks so much good in DJIs product but follows up on how CRAPPY their customer service is. As brand new to their products, their reputation for providing BELOW BASIC CUSTOMER SERVICE you would think they would do something about it, but to me.... one they have your money,... they have your money, don't expect much from them, and they're okay with that.
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tvtvarey@gmail. Posted at 2017-2-4 19:35
Thank you mindy, how long should this take to have my case entirely resolved? I need a working drone for an upcoming project and will need a refund on this asap to put towards it. The broken (to be clear, it was shipped to me from the repair centre in this condition - I have proof) drone has been packed waiting to be shipped for several months, I just need this refund to be confirmed.

It might be delayed due to the weekend.
They will help to follow up your case on working day.
But I'll make sure they will get it solved as soon as possible.
2017-2-5
Use props
tvtvarey
New

Canada

Ranze Posted at 2017-2-4 22:46
Good luck tvtvarey, Let me know where all you posted to "spread your message" to enlighten people on how crappy of a service DJI provides... I was thinking about doing the same thing. I'm also considering the Business Bureau, but they already have a crappy grade. But I'll do that too.... But let me know if you find any other forums or reports that I can support of this...... I havn't even gotten my product and I have already experienced the HORRIFYING customer service EVERYONE had warmed me about. It's definitely sad that everyone talks so much good in DJIs product but follows up on how CRAPPY their customer service is. As brand new to their products, their reputation for providing BELOW BASIC CUSTOMER SERVICE you would think they would do something about it, but to me.... one they have your money,... they have your money, don't expect much from them, and they're okay with that.

I posted this message on their facebook page as well. It got a response and some exposure but we'll see if that makes any difference. I'm also spreading the word on my city (Toronto's) cinematography group and various other places. I just want people to be informed because I only heard the hype on the products and assumed the customer service would be there to back it up. I was planning on buying a ronin as well but there is no way in hell I would ever do that now. There are better options out there thankfully
2017-2-6
Use props
MrBind
lvl.1

United States

Bought a new mavic pro. Came with physical damage out the box, and I have a unboxing video proof. retailer said I had to deal with dji directly. Let's see if this gets solved. Good luck man
2017-2-6
Use props
Ranze

United States

tvtvarey@gmail. Posted at 2017-2-6 09:51
I posted this message on their facebook page as well. It got a response and some exposure but we'll see if that makes any difference. I'm also spreading the word on my city (Toronto's) cinematography group and various other places. I just want people to be informed because I only heard the hype on the products and assumed the customer service would be there to back it up. I was planning on buying a ronin as well but there is no way in hell I would ever do that now. There are better options out there thankfully

Yeaaa! Hopefully one day some some company decides to produce products along with quality customer care.... as soon as that happens, I'll be out of here.... Not worth the horrible service DJI provides. Like I told the person I chatted with... I'd rather spend more or less money on a company that's no brand or even not as fancy as DJI, so long as their company stands behind their product and customers. But, I agree, there's not much comparable companies for now, therefore no choice, but when that moment comes, I hope DJI gets what they deserve from treating their customers, who are supporting them by buying their products. GOOD LUCK TVTVAREY
2017-2-6
Use props
tvtvarey
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-5 18:28
It might be delayed due to the weekend.
They will help to follow up your case on working day.
But I'll make sure they will get it solved as soon as possible.

I'm speaking with someone named Jillian. She has offered no help thus far, I'm getting the same useless, robotic responses from her as I have been receiving from everyone other DJI rep.

You say you will make sure they will get it solved. What else will you do to help? Is there a manager to the senior rep I can speak with?
2017-2-10
Use props
tvtvarey
New

Canada

Ranze Posted at 2017-2-6 15:49
Yeaaa! Hopefully one day some some company decides to produce products along with quality customer care.... as soon as that happens, I'll be out of here.... Not worth the horrible service DJI provides. Like I told the person I chatted with... I'd rather spend more or less money on a company that's no brand or even not as fancy as DJI, so long as their company stands behind their product and customers. But, I agree, there's not much comparable companies for now, therefore no choice, but when that moment comes, I hope DJI gets what they deserve from treating their customers, who are supporting them by buying their products. GOOD LUCK TVTVAREY

So far the same old bs.

If only it was possible to do some kind of class action lawsuit...
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tvtvarey@gmail. Posted at 2017-2-10 01:30
I'm speaking with someone named Jillian. She has offered no help thus far, I'm getting the same useless, robotic responses from her as I have been receiving from everyone other DJI rep.

You say you will make sure they will get it solved. What else will you do to help? Is there a manager to the senior rep I can speak with?

I'll check it with Jillian on Monday and get back to you.
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules