Must have accessories?
2627 19 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Whilst I wait until the end of March for my Mavic to arrive, I thought I'd pick up a few accessories. Have any of you got 'must haves' for your bird?

I'm thinking, shade for remote, landing pad, bag. I'll probably grab a spare battery too as I've ordered the drone only.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks all.

Will
2017-2-4
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

My votes in order are:

• Extra batteries, since (based on your comment about the bag) I'm assuming you aren't getting the Fly More Combo.
  • A tablet such as the iPad Mini 4 if you don't already have one, don't have excellent eyesight, and plan to use FPV a lot.
  • Some type of sun shade solution if you expect / plan to be flying in sunlight. I use the MavMount and Hi Aerial hood.
  • Yes, a landing pad if you plan to take off and / or land from areas that are grassy, sandy, etc. on a regular basis.

A lot of people seem to prefer the landing gear extenders instead of a landing pad, and that's certainly a cheaper and more compact solution but it wouldn't work for me in some places.
2017-2-4
Use props
UnlimiteDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146913 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey Will

Congratulations for buying the Mavic Pro, it´s a great choice! That´s already a nice list.

There are more very helpful accessories like leg extensions. They are a great addition if you need to land on grass but if you use a landing pad every time you dont need them.

Also very nice to have is a parallel charger to charge more than just one battery at the same time and a car charger when you are on tour.

An important accessorie for the videography is the ND Filter, you can read about them in my post I did
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D393%26typeid%3D393
2017-2-4
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

How close are you to Cheshire?  You could come and see my hoard, due to AAS (accessory acquisition syndrome)
2017-2-4
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

How close are you to Cheshire?  You could come and see my hoard, due to AAS (accessory acquisition syndrome)
2017-2-4
Use props
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks all. I'll have a look. It sounds stupid, I know, but I don't like the leg extenders. The Mavic looks great, and I think they detract from the overall appearance. Yep, looks over practicality!

As for Cheshire, not very, I'm in Bucks, but will be in Preston next week!
2017-2-4
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

This dude makes some nice stuff.

2017-2-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-4 16:18
This dude makes some nice stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK1eQL8tutc

Wow, thanks for sharing that -- I've sent the guy an email asking about his prices.
2017-2-4
Use props
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That's great thanks. I hadn't thought of a tracker, so will look into that a bit more. Really like the iPad holder too!
2017-2-5
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

The most important accessory is the ND filters.
This is why:

• Currently the Mavic has issues with recording framerates >30fps at 1080. So you remain at 4k/30fps.
  • When you have good sunlight, the camera will go to a high shutter speed of e.g. 1/1000
  • Due to that shutter speed all video frames are missing some motion blur (there is hardly any motion in 1/1000 of a second)
  • As a result of that, all camera movements will be lacking smootheness and look a bit stuttering

Get an ND filter to bring the shutter speed down and your footage will look much better.
2017-2-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Will.H Posted at 2017-2-5 00:32
That's great thanks. I hadn't thought of a tracker, so will look into that a bit more. Really like the iPad holder too!

Yeah i think that is the best iPad holder i have seen for the Mavic.
A tracker would be great insurance as well.
2017-2-5
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Nice.

I suggest going through this list and see what is applicable: http://mavichelp.com/Mavic-Pro/

I've got:
  • Extra Batteries... More batteries more flight time, when the RC is at full charged, going through the fly more combo batteries, you will still have more than 60-70% left, so you can easily get another 3 batteries.
  • Leg extensions, I have both freewell and polar pro. (Have not tried polar pro yet, as they do scratch the Mavic)
  • Propeller guards. They fit great, but have not flown with them, planning to use it while indoors or filming near trees, etc.

What I'm waiting for:
  • Polar Pro Filter Lense
  • Landing Pad (Good for the beach)
  • Hard case for some travelling

What I'm tempted to get:
  • Gimbal Camera Shade
  • Some awesome decal

2017-2-5
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

ND filters and a million spare props... Just in case.
2017-2-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Why so long for your Mavic Will.H ?
2017-2-6
Use props
Traviance
lvl.1

United Kingdom

when we know how much his ipad holder is can someone pm me the price please? id like to know and possibly buy one. - Thanks in advance.
2017-2-6
Use props
Freewell
lvl.4

United States

Hey,

Here is some of the must have we are offering
Freewell 6Pack is great for all light conditions each filter double side multi coated.

Thanks
Harry from Freewell
2017-2-6
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

I hear Litchi is a great must have accessory for the Mavic, now that we have the famous crashing GoCrap4 imposed on us without choice.
2017-2-22
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701109 ft
New Zealand

Will.H Posted at 2017-2-4 13:41
Thanks all. I'll have a look. It sounds stupid, I know, but I don't like the leg extenders. The Mavic looks great, and I think they detract from the overall appearance. Yep, looks over practicality!

As for Cheshire, not very, I'm in Bucks, but will be in Preston next week!

I found on my maiden voyage yesterday the leg extension were a bonus for visual direction of the drone plus the FPV. Being newbie anything helps I find
2017-2-27
Use props
Snaver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United States

Must Have accessory is a spare Gimble Clamp.......but good luck finding one. {:4_142:}
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Snaver Posted at 2017-3-15 06:41
Must Have accessory is a spare Gimble Clamp.......but good luck finding one.

You're right that the OEM clamps are difficult to come by, but there are third-party solutions like this available that some people say are a better choice than the original.
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules