Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Greetings all,
I dont know if anybody is intrested in setting the automatic battery non use discharge rate on the M600,  I made a short video about how to set this battery discharge rate. By default mine was set for 3, days but now I have set it to max 10, days before they go into storage mode. Should anybody wish to to see the vid please leave a comment and I will upload.

Ricci
2017-2-5
Use props
chrisansilver
lvl.2
United States

Sure why not share, I'd like to be able to change mine sometimes,
2017-2-5
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Here is the battery video.

2017-2-5
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Ricci, did you notice any residual problems after having that "cell broken" error? We had that error pop up the other day, but it was a dry day and the error didn't come back after a charge. Was the first time we saw the error.
2017-2-6
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

shawn_ Posted at 2017-2-6 06:22
Ricci, did you notice any residual problems after having that "cell broken" error? We had that error pop up the other day, but it was a dry day and the error didn't come back after a charge. Was the first time we saw the error.

Greetings Shawn,
I had to replace the battery it was a total burn-out, I posted some pictures. Put the new battery on and no issues since. Now you have mentioned it I will do regular checks and keep you updated.

ricci
2017-2-6
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

Thanks Ricci, was already searching how to check the batteries of the M600.

Koos
2017-2-7
Use props
fans918ff3e6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 494062 ft
United States

I have heard people say before that you should fly within 24hrs of charging batteries.  What is everyone's experience and recemendation? Can I fly a week after charging and not have issues?  Thanks
2017-3-3
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

fans918ff3e6 Posted at 2017-3-3 19:55
I have heard people say before that you should fly within 24hrs of charging batteries.  What is everyone's experience and recemendation? Can I fly a week after charging and not have issues?  Thanks

Hello,
This is all about chemistry, when charged the chemistry of the battery changes and over time the chemistry reverts back, i.e., fully charged 4.2v  to about 3.2v per cell when a controlled discharge is in operation i.e., smart battery management. So to answer your question regarding DJI cells/battery's, the optimum time is just after they have been charged and are cool to the touch(ambient) from this Time on they are degrading slowly but so slowly a few days will not matter given the cells are in good order.
With DJI smart batteries they automatically discharge to a safe storage voltage, 3.8v per cell after a given time, from one day to ten max, set in the go app, then they will auto discharge to a float state and may be warm to the touch as they are dissipating the excess power through a resistor that as a byproduct of having volts shoved up it generate heat. long winded I know but the more you know about the equipment the longer it lasts.

hope that helps

ricci
2017-3-4
Use props
Abdel123
New

Burkina Faso

Bonjour je suis intéressé par cette vidéo
2022-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now